Monopoly Scrapping Community Chest Cards to be more WOKE

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Nothing can be left unchanged.
You can choose the new woke sayings on the Monopoly's new EBT cards

The makers of Monolopy are making some big changes to the popular board game. Game-maker Hasbro says it's going to scrap what it calls outdated Community Chest Cards like "Get Out of Jail Free" and "2nd Prize In Beauty Contest" after the "tumultuous year of 2020."

The company says it wants to "embrace a new sense of community" and will change all of the 16 cards for the first time in 85 years.

Fans can help decide what the new cards will be by voting --> here

52dvya.jpg

Last edited:

The makers of Monolopy are making some big changes to the popular board game. Game-maker Hasbro says it's going to scrap what it calls outdated Community Chest Cards like "Get Out of Jail Free" and "2nd Prize In Beauty Contest" after the "tumultuous year of 2020."

The company says it wants to "embrace a new sense of community" and will change all of the 16 cards for the first time in 85 years.

Why the beauty pageant card actually shows what the wokesters are trying to get to.

th

Bizarre and pointless. The new Cards Should say, Bail Posted, Released on own recognizance and Runner up in Beauty Contest

I don't think, that I can see, this is anything to do with wokism.
I went to the website and looked at what they are proposing to change them to and all I really saw was switching cards to themes of volunteerism, charitable giving etc.
If they changed the cards to "You had a sex change - pay $50"... or "You joined a march with BLM - donate $50"... then you would have a legitimate complaint.
I didn't see that

Forum List

Back