Mitch McConnell Warns House Republicans About 'Hammerlock Of Dysfunction'

He is not wrong.
Can't do business without a permanent Speaker....

IOW no budgeting. And another shutdown

Republicans are divided in what they want and the government will shutdown (costing hundreds of millions) just because they can't get themselves together on a positive agenda. All they have is a mudslinging agenda.

And the Democrats are not even any better. They bit the hand that fed them. That was the biggest dumbest (bass) move of the century. Making any deals with Republicans going forward impossible.

So....I don't expect there to be a new Speaker...I don't expect a budget...I expect that they will fail miserably and our Government will crash.

McHEnry threw Pelousy out of her hideaway office...and Kevin McCarthy is moving into it. so don't you worry your pretty little scalp about McCarthy Lakhota

How Kevin McCarthy’s Embrace Of Trump Sealed His Fate

McCarthy’s decision to accept Trump-backed candidates in House elections shrunk his margin for survival as speaker.
Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Tuesday became the first House speaker in history to be removed from his post in a resolution to vacate the chair. He lost a 216-210 vote after eight Republicans, led by Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, joined Democrats in the push to oust him. He promptly blamed Democrats for the mutiny in his own ranks.

But maybe McCarthy should look in the mirror first. Beginning with the decision to entertain former President Donald Trump’s election fraud lies, McCarthy led the Republican Party to be marked with the stain of opposing the peaceful transfer of power. McCarthy not only entertained Trump’s falsehoods, but voted to steal the 2020 election for Trump. Weeks later, he paid tribute to Trump at the former president’s Mar-a-Lago resort. And when Trump endorsed House candidates in 2022 based on their fealty to his lies, McCarthy did little to contest him.

McCarthy is a certified moron!

Why didn’t Democrats rescue McCarthy?

Jan. 6

‘After the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, started by a pro-Trump mob intending to overturn the 2020 election, McCarthy seemed to acknowledge that a dangerous line had been crossed. Trump “bears responsibility” for the riot, he told House Republicans after the failed insurrection.

But he changed his mind after a visit to Mar-a-Lago three weeks later. “McCarthy believes it’s in his interest to be on Trump’s good side,” Politico reported at the time.

McCarthy would not disappoint the former president. He opposed the creation of a bipartisan commission to investigate the attack and, earlier this year, gave an enormous cache of security footage from that day to Tucker Carlson, who at the time was using his top-rated Fox News program to spread lies about and minimize the insurrection.

Democrats have never forgiven him. “No single figure is more to blame for the ‘rehabilitation’ of Trump post-1/6 than McCarthy,” the historian Garrett M. Graff wrote on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter. “His utter lack of honor and courage will be the defining thread of McCarthy’s story in history.”’

The Senate GOP leader urged those in the House to ditch a rule he said would make the job of any future speaker “impossible."

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has urged House Republicans to ditch a rule that led to the stunning downfall of Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) from the speakership, warning it would make any future speaker’s job “impossible.”

“I have no advice to give to House Republicans, except one: I hope whoever the next speaker is gets rid of the motion to vacate,” McConnell said Wednesday at a weekly press conference.

“To do that job, for anyone, you have to get rid of the motion to vacate because it puts whoever the speaker is in a hammerlock of dysfunction, potential dysfunction,” he added.

The “motion to vacate the chair” is a rarely used procedural tool that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) utilized earlier this week, leading to McCarthy’s ouster as speaker — a first in American history.

McCarthy won the House’s top job in January partly by agreeing to lower the threshold required to set the procedure in motion, a demand of hard-line conservatives. As a result, a single lawmaker could trigger a snap no-confidence vote in his speakership. Ironically, it’s that very same change that led to his undoing on Tuesday.

I detest McConnell, but he's certainly right about the "motion to vacate" that can be triggered by a single lawmaker. What do you think?
Is that why the Turtle keeps locking up?

Did he vapor lock at the podium again? With that 1000-yard fucktard stare like Briben gets when he's trying to read a teleprompter and shitting his pants simultaneously?

Americans don't give a fuck what those professional liars say anymore.

The Senate GOP leader urged those in the House to ditch a rule he said would make the job of any future speaker “impossible."

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has urged House Republicans to ditch a rule that led to the stunning downfall of Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) from the speakership, warning it would make any future speaker’s job “impossible.”

“I have no advice to give to House Republicans, except one: I hope whoever the next speaker is gets rid of the motion to vacate,” McConnell said Wednesday at a weekly press conference.

“To do that job, for anyone, you have to get rid of the motion to vacate because it puts whoever the speaker is in a hammerlock of dysfunction, potential dysfunction,” he added.

The “motion to vacate the chair” is a rarely used procedural tool that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) utilized earlier this week, leading to McCarthy’s ouster as speaker — a first in American history.

McCarthy won the House’s top job in January partly by agreeing to lower the threshold required to set the procedure in motion, a demand of hard-line conservatives. As a result, a single lawmaker could trigger a snap no-confidence vote in his speakership. Ironically, it’s that very same change that led to his undoing on Tuesday.

I detest McConnell, but he's certainly right about the "motion to vacate" that can be triggered by a single lawmaker. What do you think?
McCarthy fucked himself by caving to this concession. It is, by far, one of the stupidest conditions I've ever seen accepted by the weakest Speaker I've ever seen. Yeah, he got the job, but at what end? This shit hanging over him 24/7. What a tool.

Of course, Gaetz crafted this shit because he knew he could use it, and I predicted he would, and he did.

It's undemocratic on its basis if you actually think about it. Any rep can call to expel/vacate the Speaker at any time with a simple majority vote. No process, no consensus, just a vote. If the majority doesn't approve of the speaker's behavior at any time, for any reason, any rep can initiate this vote, and if enough reps are caught up in the moment, poof! Vacant seat. Then what? :rolleyes: Sounds like a pretty banana republic rule to me. :dunno:

Believe it or not, the House's primary job at one point was to regulate government spending. Replacing crucial positions in our chambers of Congress is not their job at all. IT'S OURS.

These fuckers have forgotten their places. They serve at the pleasure of their constituents. Not the other way round.

Did he say this in between his mini strokes?

I would remind Republicans that when Dems hold power they CRAM THROUGH their agenda and don't give a shit about what Republicans think. When Republicans win power the RINO's act like they lost and let Dems dictate terms.

Tell that to your white supremacist buddies, not me. I already know.
Ok, I will...................

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) Monday called on Democrats to “do something” about antisemitic remarks being made by members of their caucus, after Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) stirred up a firestorm for calling Israel a “racist state,” a comment she later walked back.

Forum List

Back