MIT Scientist Debunks Global Warming Hysteria

Repeating your quote won't help you here Todd.

My quote? It's from your link.

That does NOT say that the research was in any way based on anyone's feelings.

personal and tangible experiences of the weather.

Doesn't sound very objective or scientific.

And I gave you seven other links.

I have to find something to mock in every link?
That was the first one I clicked on.
I'm sorry Todd, but you haven't got anything there. Just as you have nothing with Mike's Nature trick or Hide the Decline. Just as you have nothing with Solyndra or with ICE cars banned in Washington. The world is getting warmer due primarily to human GHG emissions and the increased temperatures are going to fuck us up. It is almost guaranteed that humans will be like you and will not do what needs to be done to avoid this catastrophe and the cost will be astronomical. Our grandchildren and their children and their children and their children and their children will blame people just like YOU for the misery of their lives. They will spend generations trying to figure out how anyone could have been so incredibly oblivious. But, hey, your call.

I'm sorry Todd, but you haven't got anything there. Just as you have nothing with Mike's Nature trick or Hide the Decline. Just as you have nothing with Solyndra or with ICE cars banned in Washington. The world is getting warmer due primarily to human GHG emissions and the increased temperatures are going to fuck us up. It is almost guaranteed that humans will be like you and will not do what needs to be done to avoid this catastrophe and the cost will be astronomical. Our grandchildren and their children and their children and their children and their children will blame people just like YOU for the misery of their lives. They will spend generations trying to figure out how anyone could have been so incredibly oblivious. But, hey, your call.

It is almost guaranteed that humans will be like you and will not do what needs to be done to avoid this catastrophe and the cost will be astronomical.

China certainly isn't.

Our grandchildren and their children and their children and their children and their children will blame people just like YOU for the misery of their lives.

Such a drama queen.

They will spend generations trying to figure out how anyone could have been so incredibly oblivious.

Like I said, feelings, not very objective or scientific.

How Bad Global Warming Science Hurts the Environmental Movement​

Dude, within 30 years everything you believe will be proven false by colder temperatures. Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world.

It is almost guaranteed that humans will be like you and will not do what needs to be done to avoid this catastrophe and the cost will be astronomical.

China certainly isn't.

China is working to reduce their emissions. Not as much as needed, but then, neither are we. And as I've pointed out before now, one of us working on the problem is infinitely more helpful than none of us working on the problem. Suggesting that we should do nothing till China lives up to our expectations is the strategy of a grade schooler and you know that is true.

Our grandchildren and their children and their children and their children and their children will blame people just like YOU for the misery of their lives.

Such a drama queen.

I am a parent and a grandparent. I will not apologize for being concerned for the condition of the world we leave them and you're being a bit of a jerk here Todd. Do you have children?

They will spend generations trying to figure out how anyone could have been so incredibly oblivious.

Like I said, feelings, not very objective or scientific.

It's a shame you don't care a little more about what you're leaving the next generation.

China is working to reduce their emissions. Not as much as needed, but then, neither are we. And as I've pointed out before now, one of us working on the problem is infinitely more helpful than none of us working on the problem. Suggesting that we should do nothing till China lives up to our expectations is the strategy of a grade schooler and you know that is true.

I am a parent and a grandparent. I will not apologize for being concerned for the condition of the world we leave them and you're being a bit of a jerk here Todd. Do you have children?

It's a shame you don't care a little more about what you're leaving the next generation.

China is working to reduce their emissions.

Bullshit.

And as I've pointed out before now, one of us working on the problem is infinitely more helpful than none of us working on the problem

Let me point out that one of us wasting trillions on more expensive, less reliable energy, while the other swamps our CO2 reduction is stupid, not helpful. Infinitely more helpful? That's funny!

Do you have children?

My children will benefit more from a strong, innovative economy than from an economy damaged by the political virtue signaling of green mandates that don't help the problem, waste trillions and reduce growth.

It's a shame that you don't understand the best thing we can leave the next generation is a strong economy that can afford to fix real problems when they arise.

For about 11,000 years since the end of the last ice age the Earth has been warming except for a few relatively short exceptions such as the Little Ice Age. To become alarmed that this is continuing seems to be behavior worthy of Chicken Little. The Earth warmed quite a bit during the twentieth century, but more of the warming occurred prior to 1940 when our carbon footprint much smaller than occurred during the next sixty years.

People have been observing mars through telescopes for over four hundred years. During all that time Mars had an ice cap covering its northern polar region. This ice cap has been growing smaller but was still a one piece ice cap up until 2021. Then astronomers noted that the ice cap was no longer a one piece cap. It had melted away to separate pieces with gaps between them. Obviously Mars has warmed considerably. Since Mars (as well as the outer planets and moons) have been getting warmer at the same time the Earth is growing warmer doesn't common sense dictate that we believe we didn't cause that to happen.
Cow farts melting the martian ice caps?

The earth is in an extended interglacial cycle not because of CO2 but because the last eccentricity cycle was nearly circular. Every 4 eccentricity cycles (i.e. every 400,000 years) the earth's orbit is nearly circular relative to the other three eccentricity cycles.

Our present interglacial cycle is 2C below the peak temperatures of previous interglacial cycles.

Therefore, the earth's present temperature is well within the normal temperature of interglacial cycles.

The primary cause of the currently observed warming is the Greenhouse Effect acting on human GHG emissions.
Scientists come to opposite conclusions about the causes of recent climate change depending on which datasets they consider. For instance, the panels on the left lead to the conclusion that global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to human-caused emissions, especially carbon dioxide (CO2), i.e., the conclusion reached by the UN IPCC reports. In contrast, the panels on the right lead to the exact opposite conclusion, i.e., that the global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to natural cycles, chiefly long-term changes in the energy emitted by the Sun.

1632186412722.png

Both sets of panels are based on published scientific data, but each uses different datasets and assumptions. On the left, it is assumed that the available temperature records are unaffected by the urban heat island problem, and so all stations are used, whether urban or rural. On the right, only rural stations are used. Meanwhile, on the left, solar output is modeled using the low variability dataset that has been chosen for the IPCC’s upcoming (in 2021/2022) 6th Assessment Reports. This implies zero contribution from natural factors to the long-term warming. On the right, solar output is modeled using a high variability dataset used by the team in charge of NASA’s ACRIM sun-monitoring satellites. This implies that most, if not all, of the long-term temperature changes are due to natural factors.

Here is the link to the full paper.
ShieldSquare Captcha

How do you demonstrate that claim? ... and more importantly, what caused all the temperature increases before the industrial revolution? ...
Data you have seen here dozens of times before.

1652721803687.png

For the five thousand years prior to the Industrial Revolution, temperatures were slowly falling

1652721930453.png

Data you have seen here dozens of times before.

View attachment 645416

For the five thousand years prior to the Industrial Revolution, temperatures were slowly falling

View attachment 645419
Thier is help for you in Canada

Crick based on this graphic none of the saw tooth temperature fluctuations of the past 400,000 years - which are exactly like the recent temperature fluctuation - can be explained.

1652738192920.png

Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

Crick the graphic you keep showing is an example of one temperature fluctuation. There have been many temperature fluctuations (saw tooth spikes within glacial and interglacial cycles) over the past 400,000 years that weren't due to orbital forcing or CO2.

1652738417983.png

Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

Forum List

Back