Mistaken address?

On tragedies like this, I lean on the side of the civvies, because if you talk to a lot of cops and DA's, they'll be the first to admit that most of these are the fault of the cops. The war on drugs is a dirty business, and its only gotten dirtier the past few years.
For me, it's a wash. My brother at one time was one of those cops. Luckily there weren't occassions like this, no knock or I guess quick knock.

Still and all, I have no doubt that the cops had no desire to cause an 90something to come out guns blazing. Since 3 were wounded, obviously she did. So what transpired?

Maybe. She was a good shot though.

Shootout with 92 year old woman

Three Atlanta narcotics officers were wounded in a Tuesday evening shootout with a 92-year-old woman in northwest Atlanta. She was shot and killed.

http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=39863

An interesting topic. How many times over the years have police Gestapo'd into the wrong house? Innocence, mistaken address or whatever doesn't matter. You open fire and you are going to die. Some solace that the police are later found out to be in the wrong. You're still dead.

Come crashing into my door and you die. Simple as that. I don't care who you are or who you think you are. The police have no business in my house, and last I checked, I don't have to prove my innocence.

For me, it's a wash. My brother at one time was one of those cops. Luckily there weren't occassions like this, no knock or I guess quick knock.

Still and all, I have no doubt that the cops had no desire to cause an 90something to come out guns blazing. Since 3 were wounded, obviously she did. So what transpired?

Your brother was one of the few good ones. Most narcos are dirty IMHO. You can't fight the war on drugs within the law. The crooks are too smart, the drug lords too ruthless.

Now uniformed police, that's a different deal. They are by and large good people trying to do their best.

An interesting topic. How many times over the years have police Gestapo'd into the wrong house? Innocence, mistaken address or whatever doesn't matter. You open fire and you are going to die. Some solace that the police are later found out to be in the wrong. You're still dead.

Come crashing into my door and you die. Simple as that. I don't care who you are or who you think you are. The police have no business in my house, and last I checked, I don't have to prove my innocence.

Interesting stats.

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

Forum List

Back