Missouri homeowner shoots, kills suspect during home invasion

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
A man shot and killed a suspect during an attempted home invasion Saturday in a suburb of St. Louis, officials said.

The St. Charles Police Department told FOX 2 they were called to an apartment complex around 5:45 p.m. after the suspect broke into the home while the man and two children were inside.

The homeowner then shot and killed the man, who has not yet been identified by police.

Lt. Chad Fisk with the St. Charles Police Department told FOX 2 the children were not injured in the incident.

Missouri homeowner shoots, kills suspect during home invasion

joseph-boyden-quote-its-a-beautiful-thing.jpg

Was he able to hide the Meth?

Seriously, St. Charles used to be a suburban safe zone. Now they climb through apartment windows?

5:45PM? Strange time to climb through an apartment window that ain't your own. I was just wondering what it was after? Maybe just a desperate nutjob?

Don't get me wrong, I too am glad he got shot. Send a message. We aim to kill. no long trial, no medical, into the oven. Thanks.

Why do I do this to myself? Cant open article good on Android tablet .....sigh. go to stltoday.com/st.charles. more to the story......lol

A St. Charles woman has been arrested after she fatally shot a man during an alleged home invasion in St. Charles, police said.Karen E. Reisinger, 31, of the 400 block of San Juan, was charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action. She is being held in the St. Charles Police Department in lieu of $250,000 bail. Police identified the dead man as Carlton Eugene Ford Jr., 26.Two children, ages 4 and 10, and the woman's boyfriend were in the apartment at the time of the fatal shooting. No one else was injured.Police gave this account of what happened:Officers were called to the apartment Saturday to investigate a home invasion. They found Ford lying in the breezeway, at the front door of the apartment, with an apparent gunshot injury. Ford was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.Reisinger alleged that Ford entered her apartment with a handgun, and she shot him at least twice in self-defense.Police said their investigation revealed that there had been an earlier disturbance at the apartment that went unreported. Ford and another person had entered Reisinger's unlocked apartment and demanded money and drugs. She alleged Ford had a handgun and sprayed pepper spray at her and other family members. Ford and the other person left the apartment with money and drugs.Police said that at 5:30 p.m., Ford knocked on the door of Reisinger's apartment, and Reisinger retrieved a firearm before her boyfriend unlocked the door. Moments after the door opened, Reisinger fired one round at Ford, causing him to fall to the ground. Reisinger fired a second round at Ford while he was lying on the ground.Anyone who may have information regarding the incident is asked to call the St. Charles Crime Stoppers at 636-949-3333.

• Banned
Still sounds like he got what was coming.

Forum List

Back