Missing Bride To Be Found Alive

dilloduck said:
What does balls have to do with it???? NOTHING I have the right to "disappear" anytime I want. Are you telling me I don't ? This is ridiculous! I don't have to leave a note for my mommy!

Agreed. What you do NOT have the right to do is call a police station and say you were kidnapped and did NOT know about all the media attention. That was the mistake and crime. At that point, you incur penalities.

Kathianne said:
Agreed. What you do NOT have the right to do is call a police station and say you were kidnapped and did NOT know about all the media attention. That was the mistake and crime. At that point, you incur penalities.

The New Mexico police decided not to charge here--That is their right---if the Atlanta legal system wants to charge her with a crime, that's fine too. This gal is a flake---no one knows what she knew or didn't know----how about her fiance sue the hell out of everyone who assumed HE was involved?

I just don't think the legal community should get EXTRA money for doing their job.

dilloduck said:
I am NOT responsible for the assumption of others. It was not originally seen as an act of foul play anyway!

Lemme see...yes, you are responsible for the assumptions of others. If you made joking threats about committing a crime, and I assumed you were serious, the FBI could come visit you. If you Met your friend "Jack" at the airport, and were arrested when you shouted your greeting ("HI! Jack!"), you'd be repsonsible for the assumptions of the arresting/detaining officials. If you showed a gun to a passing motorist, and they assumed you were threatening them, you'd be responsible.

This lady made things LOOK like foul play from the beginning. Nobody just 'goes for a run' if they aren't intending for their dissapearence to look 'honorable'.

Try this...instead of coming home to your family tonight...just drive to Maine. Don't tell a soul. Don't use credit cards so you can be tracked...just pay with cash, disguise yourself and go. see what happens. Sit back and watch what others 'assume'.

dilloduck said:
The New Mexico police decided not to charge here--That is their right---if the Atlanta legal system wants to charge her with a crime, that's fine too. This gal is a flake---no one knows what she knew or didn't know----how about her fiance sue the hell out of everyone who assumed HE was involved?

I just don't think the legal community should get EXTRA money for doing their job.

Dillo, she called her fiance and father and gave them the same story-which went onto Atlanta Police. They have every right to look at the reponse after she 'confessed' and decide if she had been responsible. IF she hadn't known about the hoopla, doubt she would have been so quick to call NM police.

-=d=- said:
Lemme see...yes, you are responsible for the assumptions of others. If you made joking threats about committing a crime, and I assumed you were serious, the FBI could come visit you. If you Met your friend "Jack" at the airport, and were arrested when you shouted your greeting ("HI! Jack!"), you'd be repsonsible for the assumptions of the arresting/detaining officials. If you showed a gun to a passing motorist, and they assumed you were threatening them, you'd be responsible.

This lady made things LOOK like foul play from the beginning. Nobody just 'goes for a run' if they aren't intending for their dissapearence to look 'honorable'.

Try this...instead of coming home to your family tonight...just drive to Maine. Don't tell a soul. Don't use credit cards so you can be tracked...just pay with cash, disguise yourself and go. see what happens. Sit back and watch what others 'assume'.

The examples you listed are already crimes----"disappearing" is NOT. She NEVER made it look like foul play from the beginning! That's total BS. If people assumed foul play then I guess the cops better do the job they are already paid for !!

Kathianne said:
Dillo, she called her fiance and father and gave them the same story-which went onto Atlanta Police. They have every right to look at the reponse after she 'confessed' and decide if she had been responsible. IF she hadn't known about the hoopla, doubt she would have been so quick to call NM police.

We don't know that----hell if I did something that stupid and came to my senses I might come up with a lame excuse too---I'm not saying she shouldn't be punished for lying but how long did she perpetrate that lie??? Not long, an hour or so maybe?
Cops get paid to chase people who do stupid things on purpose----what's special about this case? Should cops get extra pay for having to get off they're asses and doing something?

dilloduck said:
The examples you listed are already crimes----"disappearing" is NOT. She NEVER made it look like foul play from the beginning! That's total BS. If people assumed foul play then I guess the cops better do the job they are already paid for !!
Are you a reasonable Adult?

If you answer, 'yes', then continue. If 'no', hit 'next thread' ;)

- Lady secretly buys bus-ticket.
- Lady tells Fiancé she's 'going out for a jog'
- Lady 'ignores' the nationwide media attention
- Lady, wearing 'disguise' to some extent, calls and says she was kidnapped the whole time'.

How can one, who answered 'yes' to my question above, think she didn't PURPOSELY try to make things look shady?

Again - this is the SAME as hikers who get lost due to their negligence. DUE TO HER neglecting to 'take reasonable action', thousands of public dollars were expended. She should pay.

simple.

dilloduck said:

It's not EXTRA money...it's THE money they spent. Simple. Should tax payers have to foot the bill because she didn't have the...uh...BALLS to simply leave a note?

No.

-=d=- said:
It's not EXTRA money...it's THE money they spent. Simple. Should tax payers have to foot the bill because she didn't have the...uh...BALLS to simply leave a note?

No.
Why not-------they pay for every other damn crime that's committed.

-=d=- said:

I see you getting to my point now-----What makes this any different from any other crime ? She was stupid or are people just pissed because they got all worried for nothing and want to make this chick pay MORE than anyone else would ?

dilloduck said:
I see you getting to my point now-----What makes this any different from any other crime ? She was stupid or are people just pissed because they got all worried for nothing and want to make this chick pay MORE than anyone else would ?

Your point? Not even close. Those are images of a few of us trying to debate this with you - when we offer a point, you reply with 'so?' and so on.

lol :)

-=d=- said:
Your point? Not even close. Those are images of a few of us trying to debate this with you - when we offer a point, you reply with 'so?' and so on.

lol :)

It's called debating---and yes it's frustrating at times but I'm not geting any answers to my questions so I keep asking them and make analogies that I think are appropriate to the issue at hand. She committed NO CRIME until she filed a false police report. GO ahead--charge her for everything after that.

dilloduck said:
It's called debating---and yes it's frustrating at times but I'm not geting any answers to my questions so I keep asking them and make analogies that I think are appropriate to the issue at hand. She committed NO CRIME until she filed a false police report. GO ahead--charge her for everything after that.

More accurately...you aren't getting any answers which meet with your approval. ;)

dilloduck said:
No dillo..it's not called debate, it's called shit stirring...
As I said before the girl hasn't been charged with anything yet.
Create whatever you will in your mind, fact is nothing has happened yet.
Her penalty will be based on charges filed, if found guilty.

Mr. P said:
No dillo..it's not called debate, it's called shit stirring...
As I said before the girl hasn't been charged with anything yet.
Create whatever you will in your mind, fact is nothing has happened yet.
Her penalty will be based on charges filed, if found guilty.

call it whatever you like Mr. P-----I am simply pointing out how this girl is being tried in the media (and as you said) when no charges have been filed. I'm looking at theoreticals here. Thinking outside the box if you will and discussing the pros and cons of what people are suggesting be done to her. I didn't expect any contributions from you other than your usual attempts at insulting me--you really outta just try to let up on that a bit.

dilloduck said:
call it whatever you like Mr. P-----I am simply pointing out how this girl is being tried in the media (and as you said) when no charges have been filed. I'm looking at theoreticals here. Thinking outside the box if you will and discussing the pros and cons of what people are suggesting be done to her. I didn't expect any contributions from you other than your usual attempts at insulting me--you really outta just try to let up on that a bit.
If found guilty this girl should face whatever penalty the law allows..
Hows that for an insult?

Mr. P said:
If found guilty this girl should face whatever penalty the law allows..
Hows that for an insult?

I think she should too and no more than the law allows

D- on the insult-----you usually do much better-ask Shattered for some lessons. LOL

GotZoom said:
If you run from the police when they first try to pull you over, absolutely.

If people are finally held accountable for their actions, maybe a lot of things wouldn't happen in the first place.

Too many excuses instead of admitting fault.
BINGO!!! give that man a cigar!

but in todays world, where we can sue the pants off people (or business) for nothing. "McD's made me a fat ass"
taking responsibilities for your actions is a dying art now days for some reason. someones always got some excuse why they cant own up

Johnney said:
BINGO!!! give that man a cigar!

but in todays world, where we can sue the pants off people (or business) for nothing. "McD's made me a fat ass"
taking responsibilities for your actions is a dying art now days for some reason. someones always got some excuse why they cant own up

hey i'm all for it------lets tack on that irresponsible tax on too right there with the stupidity tax.

Just warning people to be careful whta you ask for----they'll be charging you for the extra gas they had to use to chase you down ON TOP OF the fine. Where does it end?

Forum List

Back