Minnesota Correctional Officers File Discrimination Lawsuit From Being Banned From Guarding Derek Chauvin

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Eight minority correctional officers at a Minnesota county jail filed a racial discrimination lawsuit claiming they were barred from guarding the former Minneapolis police officer charged in George Floyd's death. The suit, filed Tuesday in state district court, alleges that a superintendent at the Ramsey County Adult Detention Center reassigned officers of color to another floor when the former officer, Derek Chauvin, was arrested on murder charges in May. The suit says the officers — who identify as African American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander and mixed-race — were "segregated and prevented from doing their jobs by defendant solely because of the color of their skin."

This was a pretty smart move by the superintendent -- you can't trust non-white officers to do their jobs professionally; obviously this system has been historically racist with regards to how it treats white defendants in our criminal justice system. It is bad enough we even have to hire correction officers who are non-white -- but they should definitely not be guarding white offenders.

R_00.rac008 (81).jpg

Which reminds me......that Minnesota cop who murdered Justine Damond in cold blood -- does that guy only get guarded by non-white officers or does it not work that way??

The fact that these correctional officers are so interested in guarding this particular individual that they have brought it into court tells me that they have a particular beef with him and that's reason enough not to allow the guards near Inmate Chauvin.

Its the warden's job to protect all of the prisoners under his control and bring them to court in one piece.

The warden is doing the right thing to protect the institution from legal problems if anything were to happen to Chauvin.

As far as the other officer, he made it to court, so whoever was assigned to guard him did the right thing. It worked out.

The fact that these correctional officers are so interested in guarding this particular individual that they have brought it into court tells me that they have a particular beef with him and that's reason enough not to allow the guards near Inmate Chauvin.

Its the warden's job to protect all of the prisoners under his control and bring them to court in one piece.

The warden is doing the right thing to protect the institution from legal problems if anything were to happen to Chauvin.

As far as the other officer, he made it to court, so whoever was assigned to guard him did the right thing. It worked out.

Yes, the warden did the right thing.

The protection of the defendant should be the main concern.

In such a racially charged case, only Caucasian guards should be assigned to protect him.

The warden should be commended for his courage in making such a decision.

But I am afraid that it is going to cost him his job or at least a reassignment.

"Eight minority correctional officers at a Minnesota county jail filed a racial discrimination lawsuit claiming they were barred from guarding the former Minneapolis police officer charged in George Floyd's death. The suit, filed Tuesday in state district court, alleges that a superintendent at the Ramsey County Adult Detention Center reassigned officers of color to another floor when the former officer, Derek Chauvin, was arrested on murder charges in May. The suit says the officers — who identify as African American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander and mixed-race — were "segregated and prevented from doing their jobs by defendant solely because of the color of their skin."

This was a pretty smart move by the superintendent -- you can't trust non-white officers to do their jobs professionally; obviously this system has been historically racist with regards to how it treats white defendants in our criminal justice system. It is bad enough we even have to hire correction officers who are non-white -- but they should definitely not be guarding white offenders.

View attachment 455766
Which reminds me......that Minnesota cop who murdered Justine Damond in cold blood -- does that guy only get guarded by non-white officers or does it not work that way??

Dumbest
Lawsuit
Ever.

In such a racially charged case, only Caucasian guards should be assigned to protect him.

But I am afraid that it is going to cost him his job or at least a reassignment.
Yea, you know how those non-white officers can't be trusted to do the right thing

Yup, because if the officers were not white -- he would have been killed for sure....

As was Dylan Roof, Michael Dunn, Amber Guyger, oh wait!

Yea, you know how those non-white officers can't be trusted to do the right thing

The warden knows his staff, as well as the community a lot better than I do. If you were a black correctional officer , would you want to go back into your community if you didn't take vengeance on the man accused of killing Black Hero George Floyd when you had a chance?

The warden knows his staff, as well as the community a lot better than I do. If you were a black correctional officer , would you want to go back into your community if you didn't take vengeance on the man accused of killing Black Hero George Floyd when you had a chance?
I believe for dic suckers like you -- you should be happy that most black folks want justice and not revenge....

I believe for dic suckers like you -- you should be happy that most black folks want justice and not revenge....

When the 12 Angry Men return with a verdict of Innocence for Derek Chauvin, will you accept that justice?

When the 12 Angry Men return with a verdict of Innocence for Derek Chauvin, will you accept that justice?
Yes.....

now...when 81 million voted to boot your cult leader out of office...did you accept that?

Anyone who has lived in a city see revenge everyday. It is just not reported as much. And anyone who has experienced it, does not forget it.

Forum List

Back