Mind-blowing jobs numbers means inflation may not be done

I've seen a lot of people saying that inflation has been beaten, and I don't think I'd make that assumption.

This economy is on fire, and we're not yet removed enough from inflationary forces to declare anything. The market, particulary QQQ, will be worried by this.

These jobs numbers will provide more grist for the Fed to increase rates again. We'll see.
Your pants are on fire and your little brain is fried. The economy is the worst it has been since the Depression.

52,000 jobs, by far the highest number of any sector.

only 7000 were Fed, the rest were state level, so we are talking like 900 per state. Does not really seem worthy of being triggered over.

I've seen a lot of people saying that inflation has been beaten, and I don't think I'd make that assumption.

This economy is on fire, and we're not yet removed enough from inflationary forces to declare anything. The market, particulary QQQ, will be worried by this.

These jobs numbers will provide more grist for the Fed to increase rates again. We'll see.

I don't know. Other bad news with December's numbers was a drop of 1.5 million full time jobs.

You don't have a mind to blow ...ya establishment boot lickin monkey

auiajzjzkzkz.jpeg

I don't know. Other bad news with December's numbers was a drop of 1.5 million full time jobs.
This data never goes in one direction. GDP is still very hot. Which, by the way, means more inflationary pressure.

Too many government jobs too, but their money is green and they're spending it. Lots of conflicting currents, as usual.

I see that Yellen is saying we've achieved the "soft landing", and I'm not buying that at all, yet. Overall it's still too hot and renewed inflation could feed on itself VERY quickly again.

This data never goes in one direction. GDP is still very hot. Which, by the way, means more inflationary pressure.

Too many government jobs too, but their money is green and they're spending it. Lots of conflicting currents, as usual.

I see that Yellen is saying we've achieved the "soft landing", and I'm not buying that at all, yet. Overall it's still too hot and renewed inflation could feed on itself VERY quickly again.
And none of this has anything to do with the illegitimate administration's policies? It is because of those policies.

You don't have a mind to blow ...ya establishment boot lickin monkey

View attachment 883812

and yet, even with those revisions 3,203,306 jobs were added and there are 2,884,000 more people working than there was at the start of 2023.

Those are good numbers for anyone that is not wishing pain on the country to win a few more votes in Nov for their beloved party.

Expect 4th GDP to be big too. I was at the Sawgrass mall in Florida on Dec 31 and it was a sea of people. It's one of the biggest malls in the country. I've never seen it so crowded. Took about 20 minutes just to find a parking spot. Plus Black Friday and Cyber Monday were both huge.

Expect 4th GDP to be big too. I was at the Sawgrass mall in Florida on Dec 31 and it was a sea of people. It's one of the biggest malls in the country. I've never seen it so crowded. Took about 20 minutes just to find a parking spot. Plus Black Friday and Cyber Monday were both huge.
Yeah, I always ask people what crowds look like in different places. Obviously that's anecdotal, but it actually has been a decent indicator over the years.

It would be nice if they'd redirect some of those dollars they're spending into IRA's. That would both cool things down and help them in the future. On the other end, household debt is up (that includes mortgages and student loans).

Forum List

Back