military and China

Whereisup

Jul 28, 2013
Many people think that the realistic thing to do in cases such as the US - China problem is to use military action.

However, in all recorded history, military action has never produced a peaceful, prosperous would. Think about that, In human history, military action has been a complete failure, yet nations keep trying it again and again.

So we need something quite outside the box, and at first, things outside the box may look unrealistic to people who still believe in military action.

Besides a partnership to create an advanced civilization, and move excess population which can't be fed into orbital space communities, there is something specific which would help increase the rate of economic growth.

This is an idea I sent to the Indian Economic Development think tank in Mumbai about a decade ago. The reply of the development economists was that the idea WOULD WORK, but it wouldn't be politically possible to get the world's nations to agree with it.

However, what we are doing now isn't working well enough, and if it moves to military action, that will produce a serious disaster.

The idea would be to develop a supercomputer model of the world economy several times better than anything we have. A computer model can be used to find optimal solutions for complex problems.

Therefore, the computer program would be optimized to find solutions which would cause the economic growth of all nations simultaneously.

Then, various ideas could be fed into the computer model to see whether or not those ideas would contribute to the goal of the economic growth of all nations simultaneously.

The ideas that worked could then be presented to the world's governments for their consideration. They would then implement the ideas they liked best.

Jim

This is an idea I sent to the Indian Economic Development think tank in Mumbai about a decade ago. The reply of the development economists was that the idea WOULD WORK, but it wouldn't be politically possible to get the world's nations to agree with it.

The idea would be to develop a supercomputer model of the world economy several times better than anything we have. A computer model can be used to find optimal solutions for complex problems.

Therefore, the computer program would be optimized to find solutions which would cause the economic growth of all nations simultaneously.

Then, various ideas could be fed into the computer model to see whether or not those ideas would contribute to the goal of the economic growth of all nations simultaneously.

The ideas that worked could then be presented to the world's governments for their consideration. They would then implement the ideas they liked best.

Jim

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI]Picard's Epic Double Facepalm - YouTube[/ame]

However, in all recorded history, military action has never produced a peaceful, prosperous would.

That's absolutely not true. Stay in school, junior.

If it's not true, then there is at minimum a century in history in which there were no wars in the world, and I am sure you can't point to such a century.

I do sympathize with soldiers fighting bravely to protect their relatives, friends, and nation. But I don't think that people should be put into position of having to be soldiers in the first place.

One of the silliest things humans do is have wars in which both sides are fighting in self-defense.

Jim

That's absolutely not true. Stay in school, junior.

If it's not true, then there is at minimum a century in history in which there were no wars in the world

That is an illogical conclusion. Stay in school, junior.

OK. Why do you think it is illogical? If military activity has never even produced a century with no war in the world, why do you think military activity could be successful in producing permanent world peace in the future?

There is one thing that is likely. If we keep on using military activity, we will eventually have an escalation into a world nuclear war.

Of course, we can't stop wars with just a few petitions, demonstrations, etc. We need something that even paranoid people could trust.

I haven't found an adequate method yet, which is one reason I think that this should be widely worked on by many people.

For example, it would stop wars if everybody adopted a Swiss type policy of perpetual neutrality. Switzerland does have an army just in case there is an actual invasion, but never uses it in foreign areas due to the perpetual neutrality position. If every nation adopted a policy of perpetual neutrality, even if they kept some military forces as security blankets, there would never be another war. However, I'm not sure that idea would work, so it needs to be somehow improved.

Jim

If it's not true, then there is at minimum a century in history in which there were no wars in the world

That is an illogical conclusion. Stay in school, junior.

OK. Why do you think it is illogical?

I didn't say I think it is illogical, junior. It is illogical. Seriously, just stay in school and save this sort of thing for when you are at least somewhat prepared to discuss it without looking like a little airhead.

As I recall from my military days, only officers got to eat off of China.

The rest of us slobs got those metal trays.

Forum List

Back