Michelle Obama's story was compelling

You are the biggest moron, swallowing the liberal propaganda hook, line, and sinker

1) See wait lists in England and the doctors per capita in Canada, you putz... and do you think capping what a doctor or a drug inventor can make will keep advances going and the best quality people in the field? You are SOOOOOO wrong... shit is cheaper than steak, it is not like I want to pay less to eat it. And your socialized healthcare systems are complete SHIT.
2)Background checks for people are great. We don't want criminals or the mentally ill going up and buying a gun from WalMart... but taking the guns out of the hands of the law abiding with empower nobody but the criminals, making none of us safer...
3) Did we have victory in Vietnam , or like now did we have the hippy left pressuring for exit? Every successful and victorious overseas war, we have a presence left in that country (No, I really don't count Grenada)
4) Energy conservation has not caused the recent price drop.. .AT ALL... maybe you should actually do some research instead of assuming your dream is reality

I get no monthly check from any government agency.... and I received no 'stimulus' check either.... I work and earn my living, as I always have

1. Have you ever asked a Canadian about their healthcare system? They love it, and it is not socialized medicine. The doctors still own their practices. Read the link I provided.

2. Sensible handgun laws will make America safer. You can still defend your home with a rifle.

3. 4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran. Time to stop the insanity and bring our troops home.

4. Americans drove 8 billion fewer miles last month. Yes, that lower demand lowered the price. It is called the law of supply and demand.

we do not have Charity hospitals in my region of maine, and less than a handful, if that, in all of maine, however, our regular hospitals gives free charity healthcare to a single person if they make less than 11k gross a year and to a couple if they make less than 14k a year and to a family of 3 if they make less than 17k a year.....someone making 19k is shit out of luck though...and 19k is what the median income is in maine for men and 17k is the median income for women, so no help for the most and they CERTAINLY do not make enough to pay for a 10k a year, crappy healthcare policy....

something is wrong with our health care system, to deny such is being blind imho....it needs FIXING, so that people can afford to pay for it themselves....i don't think that is something unreasonable to expect....i am not a universal health care, gung ho type person, but i do recognize, that it needs fixing, state by state has their own issues.....

care
uh WHAT????

what is your "area" then

So you want cheap that pays for everything no matter what? Funny... it does not work that way... things COST MONEY.... and any company is NOT going to want to take in less than what it pays out....

As an employee, just for myself (my kids are on my ex's plan), I pay over $200 a month.... and that is with employed contribution etc as a BENEFIT for me actually WORKING for what I receive

And you think socialized or 'universal' healthcare will cost LESS per person in the US? Maybe if you do like England and have wait lists of 3 years for hip replacement.. or like in Canada where they have a LOW doctor per capita number and have doctors flocking to the US... or try and tell doctors that they can only make so much per year, driving them actually AWAY from the profession.... not to mention the overhead and red tape of a government bureaucracy

You want something and you think it is valuable and important? It is going to cost you and you DAMN WELL will find a way to pay for it....

you think you or anyone else is OWED something for nothing? you think horse collaring the medical professions and business will result in having good care remaining for all? You are the moron...

honestly Dave, i don't know what i support....i am not gung ho on universal health care....i don't think it would be needed if we solve whatever is causing health insurance to go up double digits each and every year for nearing 10 years now....this is unsustanable, by our corporations offering the benefit, and unsustanable by our government with medicare costs, especially with the Pill Bill, the way it was writen....

i just know we have a problem, a big problem, especially with millions upon millions upon millions of boomers hitting medicare all at once...

we need some major reforms....and some thinking outside of the box....

care

we do not have Charity hospitals in my region of maine, and less than a handful, if that, in all of maine, however, our regular hospitals gives free charity healthcare to a single person if they make less than 11k gross a year and to a couple if they make less than 14k a year and to a family of 3 if they make less than 17k a year.....someone making 19k is shit out of luck though...and 19k is what the median income is in maine for men and 17k is the median income for women, so no help for the most and they CERTAINLY do not make enough to pay for a 10k a year, crappy healthcare policy....

something is wrong with our health care system, to deny such is being blind imho....it needs FIXING, so that people can afford to pay for it themselves....i don't think that is something unreasonable to expect....i am not a universal health care, gung ho type person, but i do recognize, that it needs fixing, state by state has their own issues.....

care

uh WHAT????

what is your "area" then

btw, here is a link for you

Consumers for Affordable Health Care

A few years ago, a TV show asked Canadians to name the Greatest Canadian in history; and in a broad national consensus, they gave the honor to Tommy Douglas, the Saskatchewan premier who is considered the father of the country's health care system.

It is a goddamn blog... about as reliable for information as the bum on the corner spouting off about the end of the world while wearing nothing but dirty socks and a placard
meh, i'd give it a little more credibility than a bum, but its still only one persons opinion

A few years ago, a TV show asked Canadians to name the Greatest Canadian in history; and in a broad national consensus, they gave the honor to Tommy Douglas, the Saskatchewan premier who is considered the father of the country's health care system.
isnt Canada switching to more private systems?

1. Have you ever asked a Canadian about their healthcare system? They love it, and it is not socialized medicine. The doctors still own their practices. Read the link I provided.

2. Sensible handgun laws will make America safer. You can still defend your home with a rifle.

3. 4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran. Time to stop the insanity and bring our troops home.

4. Americans drove 8 billion fewer miles last month. Yes, that lower demand lowered the price. It is called the law of supply and demand.

1) Yes I have... as they were waiting in the same hospital where I was having my surgery.... hmm... Canadians coming down here so they don't have to wait on surgery as long and to get it from the best doctors... hmmmmm.....
2) And I can defend my home with a handgun as well... just as I could go on a killing spree with a rifle or a shotgun or a goddamn machete
3) Blah... liberal slogan propaganda talking points 3,6,13, and 54... blah... still not facing reality and you have no freaking clue what is needed with the military or what it is needed to do after a victory is achieved...
4) Yet you and others like you blamed speculators... also use declined ever since last summer, yet prices STILL rose... hmm... you think other markets besides the US effect the price of oil and gas as well?? Grow up lib... it is not just conservation that has driven recent gas and oil prices

How is it fucking possible that the mainstream press and the righties have kept this covered and yet brought out Wrigth, Ayers, etc?

As conservative bloggers and mainstream media sources work overtime to try and force Barack Obama to explain, reexplain, and then again explain his relationship with former Weatherman Bill Ayers, John McCain still has questions to answer about his own relationship with a criminal.

The criminal in question is McCain's father-in-law, the late Jim Hensley. At the time of his death in 2000, Hensley was one of the richest men in Arizona and owner of one of the largest Anheuser-Bush Distributorships in the nation.

Hensley and daughter Cindy are well-established as the sponsors of McCain's political career and McCain has called Hensley a "role model." Ayers once contributed $200 to Obama, and the two have have worked together with a charity group and school reform group.

How else do Hensley and Ayers match up?

Jim Hensley vs. Bill Ayers

Felony Convictions: Hensley 1, Ayers 0.

Comment: In 1948, Hensley was given a six-month suspended sentence for falsifying liquor records to conceal illegal distribution of whiskey against post-war rationing regulations. Ayers has never been convicted of a felony.

Connections with Organized Crime: Hensley 2. Ayers 0.

Comment: Hensley and his brother were the owners of Ruidoso Downs racetrack, along with "silent partner" Clarence "Teak" Baldwin who had been banned from any ownership role due to illegal bookmaking activities. Long-time business associate Kemper Marley, Sr. was also connected with organized crime.

Illegally Acquired Liquor Licenses: Hensley 1, Ayers 0.

Comments: Hensley acquired a liquor license in Arizona despite the fact that he was not allowed to have one due to being a felon.

Killings Connected With: Hensley 21,000, Ayers 4.

Comment: While neither Hensley nor Ayers have personally murdered anyone, both were heavily involved with organizations that caused the deaths of others. For Ayers, that organization was the Weatherman. For Hensley that organization was Anheuser-Busch. In 2007, Arizona reported more than 700 alcohol-related deaths. Conservatively putting the average number of alcohol-related deaths in Arizona at 400, Hensley has been responsible for the deaths of more than 20,000 Arizonans. And while Budweiser cannot be blamed for each death, it is clearly a gateway drug to harder types of alcohol, thus culpability is Hensley's.

Divorces: Hensley 1, Ayers 0.

Comments: Like his son-in-law, Hensley divorced his first wife after having an affair and remarrying. Ayers has been married to Bernardine Dohrn for nearly 40 years.

Abandoned Children: Hensley 1, Ayers -1

Comments: Hensley abandoned his first child, Kathleen Portalski. Ayers and Dohrn raised two of their own children and adopted a third.

As anyone can see from the plain facts, Jim Hensley was far more dangerous man than Ayers has ever been, and profited wildly from his illicit activities. It is time for John McCain to stand up and explain his ties with the felon Jim Hensley.
Shakesville: John McCain must explain his ties to felon Jim Hensley

kirk you are totally unable to process any negative aspect presented to you about anything you believe,(educated aspects or not) you just ignore them.

so i suggest kirk you move out of this great nation(since you have so many problems with it) and move to canada. experience your lovely universal health care, a country with less hand guns, and a country that has very little involvement in iraq. oh and one last thing, there was never a bush there. a dream come true eh kirkyboy?

hey, and do enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
kirk you are totally unable to process any negative aspect presented to you about anything you believe,(educated aspects or not) you just ignore them.

so i suggest kirk you move out of this great nation(since you have so many problems with it) and move to canada. experience your lovely universal health care, a country with less hand guns, and a country that has very little involvement in iraq. oh and one last thing, there was never a bush there. a dream come true eh kirkyboy?

No, I am going to stay here and keep fighting people like you.

But who would want to live with all the mooses and maple syrup, eh?

No, I am going to stay here and keep fighting people like you.

there is no fight. you are unable to accept or even consider anything that is negative towards your agenda. so whats the point of even trying to converse with you?

i think the easiest route for you and your old lady is to just move up north. you guys would get along great with them canadians eh?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back