Micheal Dunn Back To Court

I am not sure what the 1st Degree Murder conviction would entail other then more years being added to sentence. He more then likely will spend the rest of his life in jail with the current sentence. This seems like a waste of time and taxpayer duckets. I am however very glad he got convicted because this man is clearly unhinged and a threat to society.
Peace of mind and justice for the family. Its a slap in the face to not convict him of 1rst degree murder when plainly thats exactly what it was.

To hear prosecutor Angela Corey tell it, it's about justice.

"Justice for Jordan Davis is as important as it is for any victim," she said after the first trial in February.

CNN legal analyst Paul Callan said he can see how some people might think it defies logic to try the case again, but from Davis' parents' perspective, it makes all the sense in the world.

"If he winds up with 60 or 75 years in jail, from a pragmatic standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to retry the case," Callan said after the first trial.

"On the other hand if you're the parents of Jordan Davis and you believe, as well you should, that your son's reputation has been besmirched by this self-defense claim, the family (might) want a retrial, and that's something that a prosecutor has to consider carefully."

Be that as it may, I am not sure a Murder One charge would even stick. Doesn't the State have to prove he intended to murder premeditatively? I don't think it's a slap in the face of victims considering he will die in jail.
And evidently they already failed to do this, so it would be double jeopardy.
No. He was not acquitted. No DJ applies unless he is acquitted.

You said he was he was tried for Murder 1 but was not convicted of Murder 1. Or did you get that wrong?
No I got it right. He wasnt convicted nor acquitted for murder 1. No double jeopardy.

a few good sharts said:
Yeah, we've already seen most of The Constitution thrown away under the Obama Administration: may as well go ahead and erase the double jeopardy clause now, too. :thup:

asclepias said:
Its sad you dont understand that double jeopardy has no bearing on this case. He was not acquitted and retried.

It's even sadder that you want to shred The Constitution, you goddamned retard.

Maybe we should go ahead and wipe out the 13th Amendment, too, while we're at it, eh?
Go look up double jeopardy dummy. i dont have the heart to make you look a bigger moron than you already do.

Peace of mind and justice for the family. Its a slap in the face to not convict him of 1rst degree murder when plainly thats exactly what it was.

Be that as it may, I am not sure a Murder One charge would even stick. Doesn't the State have to prove he intended to murder premeditatively? I don't think it's a slap in the face of victims considering he will die in jail.

You said he was he was tried for Murder 1 but was not convicted of Murder 1. Or did you get that wrong?
No I got it right. He wasnt convicted nor acquitted for murder 1. No double jeopardy.

Bro, you aren't making sense. If he was charged with Murder 1, but got convicted of a lesser charge, he was acquitted of Murder 1.

Bro, you aren't making sense. If he was charged with Murder 1, but got convicted of a lesser charge, he was acquitted of Murder 1.
It makes sense when you factor in that it was a hung jury on the murder 1. Thats not an acquittal.

It makes sense when you factor in that it was a hung jury on the murder 1. Thats not an acquittal.

Okay, now I understand. I still think it's a waste of time and money.

I am not sure what the 1st Degree Murder conviction would entail other then more years being added to sentence. He more then likely will spend the rest of his life in jail with the current sentence. This seems like a waste of time and taxpayer duckets. I am however very glad he got convicted because this man is clearly unhinged and a threat to society.

"Justice for Jordan Davis is as important as it is for any victim," she said after the first trial in February.

CNN legal analyst Paul Callan said he can see how some people might think it defies logic to try the case again, but from Davis' parents' perspective, it makes all the sense in the world.

"If he winds up with 60 or 75 years in jail, from a pragmatic standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to retry the case," Callan said after the first trial.

"On the other hand if you're the parents of Jordan Davis and you believe, as well you should, that your son's reputation has been besmirched by this self-defense claim, the family (might) want a retrial, and that's something that a prosecutor has to consider carefully."

I'm pretty sure you dont think that. It wasnt one of your loved ones. Evidently the parents want it.

This is why it isn't prudent to let the families decide the charges or the punishments. I am sure no charge or punishment can make them whole again. I am just not sure how they state is going prove it's case. I trying to approach this case rationally and not based off emotion. Either way my heart aches for their families.

pennywise said:

asclepias said:

pennywise said:

asclepias said:

pennywise said:

Retards never make sense.

That's why we call them retards.

I'm pretty sure you dont think that. It wasnt one of your loved ones. Evidently the parents want it.

This is why it isn't prudent to let the families decide the charges or the punishments. I am sure no charge or punishment can make them whole again. I am just not sure how they state is going prove it's case. I trying to approach this case rationally and not based off emotion. Either way my heart aches for their families.

They parents didnt decide. The prosecutors tried for murder 1 and failed to get it. They are doing their job as they should.

pennywise said:

asclepias said:

pennywise said:

asclepias said:

pennywise said:

Retards never make sense.

That's why we call them retards.
You shouldnt talk about yourself like that. You must be retarded if you havent realized everyone else on the thread now knows that DJ has no bearing on the case and you are the only one still confused.

They parents didnt decide. The prosecutors tried for murder 1 and failed to get it. They are doing their job as they should.

If they failed the last time what makes you think they can obtain a Murder One charge this time? The State would have to prove he acted premeditatively. I am not sure they can do so. Either way, I am glad this man will never leave jail.

Yeah, we've already seen most of The Constitution thrown away under the Obama Administration: may as well go ahead and erase the double jeopardy clause now, too. :thup:

Was Dunn ever tried for murder? If not there is no double jeopardy.

You shouldnt talk about yourself like that. You must be retarded if you havent realized everyone else on the thread now knows that DJ has no bearing on the case and you are the only one still confused.

I'm not confused, dumbass.

You're trying to find a loophole to avoid a Constitutional dilemma, and what that says to me is that you hate our Constitution.

Like I said, maybe we should go ahead and eliminate the 13th Amendment, now, too.

There are plenty of ways to find loopholes around that dilemma as well. :badgrin:

If they failed the last time what makes you think they can obtain a Murder One charge this time? The State would have to prove he acted premeditatively. I am not sure they can do so. Either way, I am glad this man will never leave jail.

Different jurors and time. I'm sure the prosecution has been able to dig up more tidbits of racist behavior from the feral chimps past. I have a feeling they will get the murder 1 and pretty quickly too.

You're trying to find a loophole to avoid a Constitutional dilemma, and what that says to me is that you hate our Constitution.

Like I said, maybe we should go ahead and eliminate the 13th Amendment, now, too.

There are plenty of ways to find loopholes around that dilemma as well. :badgrin:
Are you so upset at me that you are not reading the other posts on this thread? You look dumb everytime you respond now that everyone knows there is no constitutional dilemma. How emotionally retarded of you.
badgrin.gif

So, retrying a case that ended as a mistrial is a "loophole" around double jeopardy?

Isn't that exactly what's supposed to happen after a mistrial?

So, retrying a case that ended as a mistrial is a "loophole" around double jeopardy?

Isn't that exactly what's supposed to happen after a mistrial?
He is not too bright. Dont rub it in.

Was Dunn ever tried for murder? If not there is no double jeopardy.

He was, and the trial ended as a mistrial, due to a hung jury.

Well,if I am not mistaken,, the key to double jeopardy is the phrase "tried twice for the same offense."
The prosecution had best leave that poison fruit alone regardless of how appetizing it looks.
Convicted or not a person cannot be tried twice for the same offense. The exception being a civil
Vs a Criminal trial.

Forum List

Back