Mexican Cartels found with 20,499 US made guns

"More than 70% of 29,284 firearms submitted to the U.S. Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for tracing by the Mexican government during 2009 and 2010 originated in the United States, according to the report."

I am not advocating for a repeal of the 2nd amendment at all, but what are your opinions on gun control laws now knowing that so many US made weapons have found their way into the hands of drug cartels in mexico?

Report: Many weapons used by Mexican drug gangs originate in U.S. - CNN.com

Step 1: Fire Eric Holder.

NRA to Call for Holder's Resignation Over 'Project Gunrunner' Allegations - FoxNews.com

"More than 70% of 29,284 firearms submitted to the U.S. Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for tracing by the Mexican government during 2009 and 2010 originated in the United States, according to the report."

I am not advocating for a repeal of the 2nd amendment at all, but what are your opinions on gun control laws now knowing that so many US made weapons have found their way into the hands of drug cartels in mexico?

How many of those were sold because the ATF told the dealers to sell them to the drug runners?

if you can find proof of your claim, i'd be happy to debate you. but since as it currently stand you have not facts to back up your claim, ill rate this claim as make believe.

ATF Project Gunrunner has a stated official objective to stop the sale and export of guns from the United States into Mexico in order to deny Mexican drug cartels the firearms considered "tools of the trade".[16]

However, since February 2008 under Project Gunrunner, Operations "Fast and Furious", "Too Hot to Handle", "Wide Receiver" and others (all together satirically dubbed "Operation Gunwalker"), have done the opposite by ATF permitting, encouraging and facilitating 'straw purchase' firearm sales to traffickers, and allowing the guns to 'walk' and be transported to Mexico. This has resulted in considerable controversy.[17][18][19]

How many of those were sold because the ATF told the dealers to sell them to the drug runners?

if you can find proof of your claim, i'd be happy to debate you. but since as it currently stand you have not facts to back up your claim, ill rate this claim as make believe.

ATF Project Gunrunner has a stated official objective to stop the sale and export of guns from the United States into Mexico in order to deny Mexican drug cartels the firearms considered "tools of the trade".[16]

However, since February 2008 under Project Gunrunner, Operations "Fast and Furious", "Too Hot to Handle", "Wide Receiver" and others (all together satirically dubbed "Operation Gunwalker"), have done the opposite by ATF permitting, encouraging and facilitating 'straw purchase' firearm sales to traffickers, and allowing the guns to 'walk' and be transported to Mexico. This has resulted in considerable controversy.[17][18][19]

There's also a thread for this:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/155464-scandal-atf-gives-guns-to-mexican-drug-cartels-to-undermine-second-amendment.html

It started off in conspiracy theories, but now it's fact.

Hey Bimbo.. google operation fast and furious.. then come back and apoogize.

so the one article i could find stated it was the Arizona ATF. are we to blame Jane Brewer for this or Obama for this? or many somebody else.....

"The Senate will hold a hearing to determine who authorized the program. Attorney General Eric Holder will testify. Both Holder and President Barack Obama deny that they authorized the ATF to sell guns to suspected Mexican drug smugglers, though documents released by congressional investigators indicate that the Justice Department approved wiretaps related to the gun tracking program."

not sure we have all the information on who to blame about that botched program just yet, but im sure you have already made up your mind that it was Obama.

Regardless of who is to blame, if this program was real it was really really dumb

SkyNet will not enter this thread again.. That's my prediction.

unlike you i can admit when im wrong.

Issa Moving Forward With Operation Fast and Furious Investigation - Katie Pavlich

The second hearing will take place Wednesday when family members of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, who was killed with a gun purposely sold to drug cartels under the orders of the Justice Department and ATF in the Arizona desert, will testify. Terry's mother, sister and cousin will make statements surrounding his murder.

Last edited:
I am the co-owner of a costume business with production facilities in Torreon and Monterrey. The medieval apocalypse that is going on down in Mexico is absolutely insane.

Restaurants and Bars in virtually every size town have to close before dark or they'll be crowded with gangsters who shoot up the place - even nice places - for no reason. There are multiple quasi-religious cults that literally worship Death. People aren't just killed. Their bodies are chopped up and piled up in flatbed trucks.

On a lighter note...they've developed a new cowboy boot:
pointy-mexican-boots-550x366.jpg

The story is just now breaking that the ATF is responsible for giving those guns to the Drug Cartel. They had a sting operation "Project Gunrunner." They sold guns with GPS devices in the guns to nefarious drug cartel types, through cooperating Gun Dealers. Supposedly, the government was going to track the bad guys. Of course being the government they lost track of the guns and many of the guns went north into the United States and most went south to Mexico.

Border Patrol Brian Terry was shot in the back and killed by one of those guns last year on the Arizona border which prompted the investigation. The government lied to Agent Terry's family. The government maintained that the Mexican drug lords compiled the weapons through crooked Arizona gun dealers and lax gun laws.

Now, it's coming out that it was in fact the U.S. Government that put those weapons into the hands of the Drug Cartel. In Mexico the death rate is up to about 30,000+ people. Mexico can thank the U.S. government for the raging gun battles in Mexico and in border cities.

Now, Obama and Eric Holder are saying they knew nothing about the sales. What I’m thinking is the government tried to use the violence to say we need to take away gun rights from the American people. Now, that it’s out in the open it kinda back fired on them. Now, they’ll all be running for cover. Don’t worry folks it’s just the government trying to screw us again.

not sure we have all the information on who to blame about that botched program just yet, but im sure you have already made up your mind that it was Obama.

Regardless of who is to blame, if this program was real it was really really dumb

The reason we don't have all the information is because the Obama Administration is blocking the access to documentation and witnesses.

WASHINGTON, June 11, 2011 — House and Senate lawmakers are threatening to block presidential nominees and subpoena Justice Department officials this week to force the release of documents on a controversial gun trafficking program that allowed American shipments of weapons to Mexican cartels.

<SNIP>

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, claims the Justice Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is conducting a cover-up in its refusal to hand over documents and witnesses to congressional investigators.

Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said he will block President Barack Obama's nominees from confirmation until he gets the documents he needs for his panel's investigation.

In the House, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., will hold the first of several hearings today into the failure of the Justice Department and the ATF to cooperate with the congressional probes. Issa is threatening to issue subpoenas to retrieve documents and to gain access to witnesses.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/7607698.html#ixzz1PHfhPZhp

The story is just now breaking that the ATF is responsible for giving those guns to the Drug Cartel. They had a sting operation "Project Gunrunner." They sold guns with GPS devices in the guns to nefarious drug cartel types, through cooperating Gun Dealers. Supposedly, the government was going to track the bad guys. Of course being the government they lost track of the guns and many of the guns went north into the United States and most went south to Mexico.

Border Patrol Brian Terry was shot in the back and killed by one of those guns last year on the Arizona border which prompted the investigation. The government lied to Agent Terry's family. The government maintained that the Mexican drug lords compiled the weapons through crooked Arizona gun dealers and lax gun laws.

Now, it's coming out that it was in fact the U.S. Government that put those weapons into the hands of the Drug Cartel. In Mexico the death rate is up to about 30,000+ people. Mexico can thank the U.S. government for the raging gun battles in Mexico and in border cities.

Now, Obama and Eric Holder are saying they knew nothing about the sales. What I’m thinking is the government tried to use the violence to say we need to take away gun rights from the American people. Now, that it’s out in the open it kinda back fired on them. Now, they’ll all be running for cover. Don’t worry folks it’s just the government trying to screw us again.

Project Gunrunner? I'm finding it under Project Fast and Furious? Are there two different operations?

Project Gunrunner? I'm finding it under Project Fast and Furious? Are there two different operations?

Project Gunrunner is the overriding project name.

Fast and Furious, Wide Receiver and Too Hot to Handle were all part of "Operation Gunwalker".

"Operation Gunwalker" was a part of Project Gunrunner.

EDIT - I don't know if Gunwalker is an official name or not, so I came back and put it in parenthesis.

Last edited:

Gun control laws keep guns out of the hands of honest Americans.

Gun control laws = tyranny

Gun Control = People Control

Gun control laws keep guns out of the hands of honest Americans.

Gun control laws = tyranny

Gun Control = People Control

explain how gun control = people control?

i dont see how limiting your ability to automatic weapons, or high capacity clips, or requiring a background check on the sales of all gun both private and public is people control.

Forum List

Back