Meet the women who choose to wipe with a reusable piece of cloth instead

Many ways to show you care about the enviro in the bathroom...

Sheryl Crow's view on toilet paper: one sheet a visit | Environment | theguardian.com

"All I wanna do is have some fun," sang Sheryl Crow once, but it appears her desires have since changed. Now all she wants to do is limit the use of toilet paper to one sheet per visit.

The singer made her declaration in an article for the Huffington Post to help promote her Stop Global Warming College Tour, an 11-date tour explaining the perils of global warming to Americans. Accompanied by Laurie David, activist and wife of comedian Larry David, the pair have been criss-crossing the country in a biodiesel-powered bus spreading the word on the bathroom hygiene of the future.

Not to worry tho.. Hand sanitizer is selling great...
Do these understand what it takes to message a "Stop Global Warming Tour"? This is yet another way where EVERY enviro cause is the SAME to these folks..

I use those butt wipe towelettes. 2 or 3 sheets, then the towelette, then flush. If I ever did have to NOT have toilet paper, I would probably use a leaf. Never would I use a cloth.

I don't think they'd approve of these...:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZio3H9KQyI]Cherry Crosses the Pond - YouTube[/ame]

I wipe with water soaked corn cobs. Then throw them to the dogs, if you low or out of cobs you can just let the dogs finish up.

Romans (back in the day) had no such thing as toilet paper.

They used sponges on sticks.

Kept in water-filled urns alongside the stools.

They were for communal use.

It is said that some Romans, particularly Senators, discarded the sponges and many fell in love with their sticks.

I was thinking about Sheryl Crow and her "Stop Global Warming Tour" messaging.

How many boxcars of toilet paper do you think ONE VENUE on the tour is equal to?
Have you ever seen the 6 semi-trailers of equipment at the loading dock? The private jet?
The power required for the concert? I think we're talking Sams Club size packages of TPaper.

I use those butt wipe towelettes. 2 or 3 sheets, then the towelette, then flush. If I ever did have to NOT have toilet paper, I would probably use a leaf. Never would I use a cloth.

I would recommend the thimbleberry leaf if available. In the wild, the thimbleberry plant (a thornless member of the rose family) is an excellent food source and the leaves are a good toilet paper substitute.

Thimbleberry: Rubus parviflorus (Synonym: Rubus parviflorus var. parviflorus)

The ones I use have witch hazel and aloe.
Thanks for the tip on the leaves of the thimbleberry. I will keep that in mind if there is ever an apocolypse :lol:

Forum List

Back