Measles eradicated in 2000. Michael Savage says Obama's open borders have brought it back

Outbreak in West LA? The measles outbreak in California started in December 2014 when at least 40 people who visited or worked at Disneyland theme park in Orange County in mid-December contracted measles and has now spread to at least half a dozen other states.

Measles is one of the most contagious viruses known. It can linger in the air "like a ghost," infecting people even two hours after the sick person has left the room. Infected people also can spread measles for four days before they develop the tell-tale red rash, as well as four days after the rash goes away. You can pick up the disease just by walking through a public place and breathing. The only people to blame for spreading the disease are those that don't have an immunity which means people who have never had the measles or the vaccine.

Measles
West LA is a different area than Orange County. A good hour an a half away. So this is a separate incident.

I heard about the thing in Orange County. Definitely not a good development. A lot of people are buying this pseudoscience.
The point is that the outbreak in California began in Disneyland. One person could have carried the virus anywhere. An outbreak in a Jewish, Black, or Hispanic neighborhood only means someone brought the virus into that neighborhood.
As far as I know, Hispanics and hispanic immigrants aren't responsible for the outbreak as the areas where they live in LA don't have an inordinate amount of measles cases, don't know about blacks. But otherwise rich and "educated" jewish and white liberals are to blame for carrying the disease back to Los Angeles, as is seen by the link I gave. The measles outbreak isn't occurring in hispanic or black areas, but West Los Angeles.
I must have missed your link, however I don't see how it makes any difference what religious or political preference a community might have unless it's reflected in the vaccination rate. In LA county, vaccinations are required in both public and private schools.
Apparently that is not the case. Public and Private Schools in Los Angeles allow PBEs also known as "personal belief exemptions". Ironically these PBEs are off the charts statistically at these rich private schools. I think the demographic information is relevant. I will tell you why. I think it shows how out of touch many of the "elite" in our society are with reality, that doesn't speak well for civilization going forward. I think it reflects a lack of ability to discern between science and pseudoscience, which speaks poorly on the university system which didn't equip them with proper critical thinking skills. I think it also is an example of the declining level of trust and atomization in society. Our authorities our becoming corrupt and dishonest, so instinctively, people are less trust of recommendations from authorities like getting your kids vaccinated. Also, people are so self-absorbed that they believe they know better than the medical profession and scientific community on these matters and have no regard for the health of others with their reckless behavior. So I peg this to a saturation of information, poor education system, declining social trust, and social atomization.

Here is the link to the story before I forget.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...tes/wp-content/uploads/THR-Vaccines-Story.pdf

I also think demographic information is relevant because if you can't recognize where it comes from how can you address the issue? Ignoring reality because it may be prejudiced is foolish in my view.
An interesting link but the PBE level of 9.1% may be high for LA, but's not for the nation. However, the real answer has to be mandatory immunization unless there is a health issue. Allowing parents to opt out is not right. It subjects not only their child to serious disease but the whole community. A parent can be arrested for not sending a child to school, being inattentive, or severely reprimanding the child yet they can refuse to vaccinate and subject the child and the community to serious diseases and death. It makes no sense.

West LA is a different area than Orange County. A good hour an a half away. So this is a separate incident.

I heard about the thing in Orange County. Definitely not a good development. A lot of people are buying this pseudoscience.
The point is that the outbreak in California began in Disneyland. One person could have carried the virus anywhere. An outbreak in a Jewish, Black, or Hispanic neighborhood only means someone brought the virus into that neighborhood.
As far as I know, Hispanics and hispanic immigrants aren't responsible for the outbreak as the areas where they live in LA don't have an inordinate amount of measles cases, don't know about blacks. But otherwise rich and "educated" jewish and white liberals are to blame for carrying the disease back to Los Angeles, as is seen by the link I gave. The measles outbreak isn't occurring in hispanic or black areas, but West Los Angeles.
I must have missed your link, however I don't see how it makes any difference what religious or political preference a community might have unless it's reflected in the vaccination rate. In LA county, vaccinations are required in both public and private schools.
Apparently that is not the case. Public and Private Schools in Los Angeles allow PBEs also known as "personal belief exemptions". Ironically these PBEs are off the charts statistically at these rich private schools. I think the demographic information is relevant. I will tell you why. I think it shows how out of touch many of the "elite" in our society are with reality, that doesn't speak well for civilization going forward. I think it reflects a lack of ability to discern between science and pseudoscience, which speaks poorly on the university system which didn't equip them with proper critical thinking skills. I think it also is an example of the declining level of trust and atomization in society. Our authorities our becoming corrupt and dishonest, so instinctively, people are less trust of recommendations from authorities like getting your kids vaccinated. Also, people are so self-absorbed that they believe they know better than the medical profession and scientific community on these matters and have no regard for the health of others with their reckless behavior. So I peg this to a saturation of information, poor education system, declining social trust, and social atomization.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...tes/wp-content/uploads/THR-Vaccines-Story.pdf

I also think demographic information is relevant because if you can't recognize where it comes from how can you address the issue? Ignoring reality because it may be prejudiced is foolish in my view.
An interesting link but the PBE level of 9.1% may be high for LA, but's not for the nation. However, the real answer has to be mandatory immunization unless there is a health issue. Allowing parents to opt out is not right. It subjects not only their child to serious disease but the whole community. A parent can be arrested for not sending a child to school, being inattentive, or severely reprimanding the child yet they can refuse to vaccinate and subject the child and the community to serious diseases and death. It makes no sense.
Yea, I am not sure what the penalty should be exactly. But lets say a child gives a serious disease to another child that results in harm or death, should they not be held liable for criminal negligence? At least some severe civil penalties. I don't know how law in the US works state to state but it would be interesting to know.

I also think this is part of an overlying and in my my opinion growing problem in American culture. There is not enough evidence. It is all well and good to try and reform your medical system, though I don't agree with certain aspects of Obamacare, but in my opinion costs won't ever be mitigated and will continue to rise until society starts emphasizing preventative medicine, which includes vaccinations but also healthy lifestyle in general, over disease treatment after the fact.

My granddaughter had leukemia and could not to be vaccinated. We worried constantly about her being exposed to childhood diseases. Luckily, she got the right treatment and recovered but it really pissed me off that she had to undergo unnecessary risks so some parents could exercise their constitutional rights to put their child and others at risk.

Yea, I am not sure what the penalty should be exactly. But lets say a child gives a serious disease to another child that results in harm or death, should they not be held liable for criminal negligence? At least some severe civil penalties. I don't know how law in the US works state to state but it would be interesting to know.

I also think this is part of an overlying and in my my opinion growing problem in American culture. There is not enough evidence. It is all well and good to try and reform your medical system, though I don't agree with certain aspects of Obamacare, but in my opinion costs won't ever be mitigated and will continue to rise until society starts emphasizing preventative medicine, which includes vaccinations but also healthy lifestyle in general, over disease treatment after the fact.
I think there's a growing problem in the American culture. It seems more and more people believe they should have individual rights that take priority over the well being of the community. The measles vaccination issue is a good example.

I think there's a growing problem in the American culture. It seems more and more people believe they should have individual rights that take priority over the well being of the community. The measles vaccination issue is a good example.
I don't think it is as much a rise in the concept of individual rights(civil liberties are increasingly minimized and under threat and no one really cares at they have "nothing to hide"). I think behaviors like this are just symptomatic of overall social fragmentation in Western society.

More people die from the measles vaccine than from measles.

Measles Vaccines Kill More People than Measles CDC Data Proves Global Research

Last edited:
Good grief. If it is still around it is not eradicated.

It was gone in america 15 years ago. Now the illegals have brought it back. It's obvious you don't have kids in school. You can't let UNSCREENED people from third world sewers enter america by the millions, you imbecile.
Wrong. Measles have never been eradicated from the US and they never will be until vaccinations around the world reach about 97%. Right now there's 20 million in the US who have not been vaccinated.

There is no evidence that illegal aliens are responsible for the current outbreak. The real responsibility lies with parents and governments that believe parents should have the right to endanger not only their kids lives but their community. .

Measles Cases and Outbreaks CDC
Even if they vaccinated everyone it will never be gone in nature. The minute you stop putting up the shield boom there it is.
I thought that until I read this." Humans are the natural hosts of the virus; no animal reservoirs are known to exist." Without a host, those little bugs will become extinct. Wonder if they're an endangered species.
Measles virus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
No the vaccinations are just a stop gap. The minute you stop the disease comes back.

Forum List

Back