MASSIVE explosion in Beirut levels entire city blocks

I've seen the damage live on youtube, I am not expert so I ask, can foreworks melt and bend steel beams? That's what I'm seeing with this live video of what is left of what used to be some buildings (not high rises necessarily) that were standing just an hour ago.

Every video I've ever seen of fireworks explosions is staggered.
Multiple explosions.

Did you see that bubble shockwave? That looks more like one unified large explosion.
An explosion of that size would take a massive amount of common explosives.

Obviously if there is no radiation, it was not nuclear in origin. We'll know that very soon.

I just stated/asked the same. thank you. This was one massive combustion not multiple explosions. If media tries to cover this up, we know why. The world needs to know the truth about any such activities, there is a verdict on car bombers coming up there according to BBC:

Beirut blast: Explosion rocks city ahead of Hariri verdict
Large blast rocks Beirut ahead of Hariri verdict

Last edited:
I would not make fun of such things. every human life is precious whether in Sacramento or Somalia, Syracuse or Sudan!

Ok, you can see a lot of smaller explosions in that video.

wow. Will be interesting to see how much explosives that was. A LOT

Oh wait, guided missile development center? So fireworks, then the missile center?
Who the fk would put fireworks next to a missile complex?

So Israel strikes again?

Just read a story on it. Officials are saying it was a boat carrying fireworks. Anyone who has been around fireworks knows it could be just that if they exploded.

Fireworks can be dangerous as hell. Sure hope that's what it was and not a rocket fired by terrorists.

I've never seen fireworks do that before :eek:

Oh they can. I remember a few years ago a fire works factory blew and you wouldn't believe the damage and lives lost. Can't remember where it was but man what an explosion.

I've seen the damage live on youtube, I am not expert so I ask, can foreworks melt and bend steel beams? That's what I'm seeing with this live video of what is left of what used to be some buildings (not high rises necessarily) that were standing just an hour ago.

Every video I've ever seen of fireworks explosions is staggered.
Multiple explosions.

Did you see that bubble shockwave? That looks more like one unified large explosion.
An explosion of that size would take a massive amount of common explosives.

Obviously if there is no radiation, it was not nuclear in origin. We'll know that very soon.

I just stated/asked the same. thank you. This was one massive combustion not multiple explosions. If media tries to cover this up, we know why. The world needs to know the truth about any such activities, there is a verdict on car bombers coming up there according to BBC:

Beirut blast: Explosion rocks city ahead of Hariri verdict
Large blast rocks Beirut ahead of Hariri verdict
Obviously there was already a large fire.

Just read a story on it. Officials are saying it was a boat carrying fireworks. Anyone who has been around fireworks knows it could be just that if they exploded.

Fireworks can be dangerous as hell. Sure hope that's what it was and not a rocket fired by terrorists.

I've never seen fireworks do that before :eek:

Oh they can. I remember a few years ago a fire works factory blew and you wouldn't believe the damage and lives lost. Can't remember where it was but man what an explosion.

Mexico IIRC

Forum List

Back