Maryland's ban on rifles, and 4th Circuit court decision appealed to the Supreme Court.

seems to me that RIFLE OWNERSHIP is for people who HUNT (like deer and bears and possum)

I hunt the MOST DEADLY GAME ...

cat-surrender.jpg
Wild pussy?

Jams? If you keep your firearms cleaned and lubricated, and use good ammunition, that never happen. I can also clear a malfunction in under two seconds.
Pump shot guns can jam. They can also misfire. Even a double or single barrel shot gun can misfire. Even a revolver can misfire. That is why it is imperative to know your weapon and know how to clear it quickly. A small back up weapon is a good idea too.

In addition, the best defense you have is situational awareness. Dogs are good to have around the home too. They can sense things we're not aware of.

sorry..... I can't help myself-------THEY CAN SENSE THINGS OF WHICH
WE ARE UNAWARE......... do not hang your participles
Adolf Hitler had a team of people who would pour every every speech he was about to make, analyzing each word to guard against Herr Adolf being embarrassed by poor word smithing. These people were the actual real grammar nazis. My dear, you are a poor and sad example of of such..

I am an amateur--------my stint in the remediation room was more an avocation than a vocation ---
btw----gotohel
Went there last nite. You weren't home.

Great news! I might be able to ship all those 20 and 30 round magazines to buyers in Maryland soon. I sure seem to have collected a bunch of them during the Obama years.
I still have metal AK mag's.
pretty much all of my mags are metal. Ive got a couple of tapco ones that arent, but all the rest are metal, and most are bulgarian made

English please. for what purpose tapioca?
Tapco is a brand of plastic magazines and other "furniture" for rifles. They're a reputable brand.

TAPCO

Great news! I might be able to ship all those 20 and 30 round magazines to buyers in Maryland soon. I sure seem to have collected a bunch of them during the Obama years.
pretty much all of my mags are metal. Ive got a couple of tapco ones that arent, but all the rest are metal, and most are bulgarian made

Tapco is a brand of plastic magazines and other "furniture" for rifles. They're a reputable brand.

TAPCO

I'd have to disagree with you about Tapco. They do make some decent accessories for a good price, but Magpul and Pro-Mag is higher quality.

That being said, I do have some Tapco stuff.

seems to me that RIFLE OWNERSHIP is for people who HUNT (like deer and bears and possum)
Why would any hunter want a "magazine" with more than 10 shots? The limit seems like a
good idea to me--------thwarting MASS MURDER IN NITE CLUBS OR CHURCHES

Ever heard of something called the "Second Amendment"? Even though firearms with high-capacity magazines can be used for hunting, those are primarily bought for home defense.

Why do you think law-enforcement switched from 6-shot revolvers to semi-auto 15-round pistols back in the 80's? Because they were out-gunned by the criminals.

Nobody in their right mind would keep a single-shot shotgun or a 5-round bolt-action rifle in their home, to ward off three or four home invaders, who were armed with more modern weapons.

Besides, high-capacity magazines are more fun at the range. You don't have to keep reloading them.

I'll take my shotgun. You can stand there with your thumb up your ass when your semi automatic jams.

Maybe we should have a bazooka & a 50 Cal machine gun in case we get home invaded by 50 guys with tanks.
You are free to only have a shotgun. Why do you seek to impose it on others? How about this; the RW will stop opposing abortions, but will limit it to only one per woman. Okay with you? How about books or computers? What limits should we impose there? IQ test, a degree in computers and one registered, monitored computer per household?

I never said I had just one shotgun or just shotguns. Asshole.

We should have an IQ test to post here but then we wouldn't see your brilliant posts.

Why would any hunter want a "magazine" with more than 10 shots? The limit seems like a

Ever heard of something called the "Second Amendment"? Even though firearms with high-capacity magazines can be used for hunting, those are primarily bought for home defense.

Why do you think law-enforcement switched from 6-shot revolvers to semi-auto 15-round pistols back in the 80's? Because they were out-gunned by the criminals.

Nobody in their right mind would keep a single-shot shotgun or a 5-round bolt-action rifle in their home, to ward off three or four home invaders, who were armed with more modern weapons.

Besides, high-capacity magazines are more fun at the range. You don't have to keep reloading them.

I'll take my shotgun. You can stand there with your thumb up your ass when your semi automatic jams.

Maybe we should have a bazooka & a 50 Cal machine gun in case we get home invaded by 50 guys with tanks.
You are free to only have a shotgun. Why do you seek to impose it on others? How about this; the RW will stop opposing abortions, but will limit it to only one per woman. Okay with you? How about books or computers? What limits should we impose there? IQ test, a degree in computers and one registered, monitored computer per household?

We should have an IQ test to post here but then we wouldn't see your brilliant posts.

is that innocent little birdie in your avatar STUFFED?

Why not? Great for feral hogs. Let's not forget the main reason is self-defense.

Lastly, if you want to start limiting our Constitutional rights by "need" then where will that end? Limit on how many books we can have? How many computers? How many people do you "need" for rightful assembly? Prove it.
The 2nd Amendment was not written or designed for hunters.

right------we all need a musket

Not really. We are all entitled to a full-auto weapon with a 100-round drum magazine, if you want one. You can actually legally own those if you go through the background check, pay the $200 tax stamp, and are willing to spend some money.

There are a couple people in my neck of the woods who have full-auto weapons. I can hear them across the hills when they fire them on the 4th of July or New Years Eve.

arabs and kurds do that at weddings

Local rednecks do it on New Years Eve.

no.

I obtained a paratrooper Chezh model (collapsible sliding stock, short barrel) in the mid '90's with a bunch of whistles and bells, a dozen metal mag's and a thousand rounds. Kept all that stuff packed away. It is no longer in the "packed away" vault, well some of the ammo and mag's are, but some of it is in the ready to use closet.

Is that one of those Clinton AWB-era AK's? There's only one thing I miss about Bill Clinton's presidency: Cheap AK's and SKS's, and 30 dollar spam cans of 7.62X39. Last can I bought was $150, and that was using a friend's Cabela's discount because his wife works there.

I've owned 6 different SKS's since then but when Hillary ran, I broke down and bought a new AK with Magpul furniture. Put a thousand rounds through it before I even cleaned it the first time.
No, it is an older production that got imported in the early 90's. I got it before the ban. In fact, I got it when I was unloading weapons on the ban list in Nevada just before the ban. Cash and carry.

Lucky man. Those older arsenal-made AK's have gone up in value.
I paid $600 and a bag of maybe 30 WWI European bayonets and a box of a half dozen busted up and pieces of black powder pistols. Maybe the other guy got lucky too.

There used to be tons of that stuff around back in the 60's. I bought two WW2 German 98k Mausers in 1967 for $15 apiece. They were in mint condition and the post office charged me $4 apiece to ship them right to the front door. Those same rifles would be worth about $2,000 today.

The 1968 GCA screwed that all up.
back in 2007 I bought a mosin nagant for less than $100

Why not? Great for feral hogs. Let's not forget the main reason is self-defense.

Lastly, if you want to start limiting our Constitutional rights by "need" then where will that end? Limit on how many books we can have? How many computers? How many people do you "need" for rightful assembly? Prove it.

Not really. We are all entitled to a full-auto weapon with a 100-round drum magazine, if you want one. You can actually legally own those if you go through the background check, pay the $200 tax stamp, and are willing to spend some money.

There are a couple people in my neck of the woods who have full-auto weapons. I can hear them across the hills when they fire them on the 4th of July or New Years Eve.
you can also get a bump fire stock that achieves much the same effect

Those are good because you can leave them loaded indefinitely. The plastic ones tend to get bent feed lips from being left loaded, and can sometimes malfunction.

Call me a "Russian collusionist", but there's no more reliable weapon than an AK. In fact, the one I have is no longer oppressing proletariat workers in some communist country, it's protecting my home from two-legged varmints. :biggrin:
I obtained a paratrooper Chezh model (collapsible sliding stock, short barrel) in the mid '90's with a bunch of whistles and bells, a dozen metal mag's and a thousand rounds. Kept all that stuff packed away. It is no longer in the "packed away" vault, well some of the ammo and mag's are, but some of it is in the ready to use closet.

Is that one of those Clinton AWB-era AK's? There's only one thing I miss about Bill Clinton's presidency: Cheap AK's and SKS's, and 30 dollar spam cans of 7.62X39. Last can I bought was $150, and that was using a friend's Cabela's discount because his wife works there.

I've owned 6 different SKS's since then but when Hillary ran, I broke down and bought a new AK with Magpul furniture. Put a thousand rounds through it before I even cleaned it the first time.
I have two AK's myself and a stock SKS. Great rifles. Great round for hunting and self-defense.
your SKS a norinco or is it zavasta?
Ive had my zavasta for some years now, and I like it because unlike a lot of AK's you get on the second hand market, this has the original internal 10 rouund mag rather than the "duckbill" ak-style external 30 rounder

TAPCO

I'd have to disagree with you about Tapco. They do make some decent accessories for a good price, but Magpul and Pro-Mag is higher quality.

Tapco is still a reputable brand, but agreed Magpul and Promag are better.

...Asshole.

Your debating style defines your true character, sir.

Agreed this forum would be better off with an IQ testing requirement. In fact, I support doing the same for our voting system.

TAPCO

Tapco is still a reputable brand, but agreed Magpul and Promag are better.
Ive rarely used my mag from them, but I have heard some non nice things said about some of their accessories
I get parts from red star arms, k-var, apex, and one other outfit out of AZ

Those are good because you can leave them loaded indefinitely. The plastic ones tend to get bent feed lips from being left loaded, and can sometimes malfunction.

Call me a "Russian collusionist", but there's no more reliable weapon than an AK. In fact, the one I have is no longer oppressing proletariat workers in some communist country, it's protecting my home from two-legged varmints. :biggrin:

I have two AK's myself and a stock SKS. Great rifles. Great round for hunting and self-defense.
your SKS a norinco or is it zavasta?
Ive had my zavasta for some years now, and I like it because unlike a lot of AK's you get on the second hand market, this has the original internal 10 rouund mag rather than the "duckbill" ak-style external 30 rounder
Norinco. My dad bought it years ago. Now that you've got my curiosity up, I'll have to look up the serial number for the year.

No, it is an older production that got imported in the early 90's. I got it before the ban. In fact, I got it when I was unloading weapons on the ban list in Nevada just before the ban. Cash and carry.

Lucky man. Those older arsenal-made AK's have gone up in value.
I paid $600 and a bag of maybe 30 WWI European bayonets and a box of a half dozen busted up and pieces of black powder pistols. Maybe the other guy got lucky too.

There used to be tons of that stuff around back in the 60's. I bought two WW2 German 98k Mausers in 1967 for $15 apiece. They were in mint condition and the post office charged me $4 apiece to ship them right to the front door. Those same rifles would be worth about $2,000 today.

The 1968 GCA screwed that all up.
back in 2007 I bought a mosin nagant for less than $100
I bought my first one about five years ago on a Christmas sale at Cabela's for $129. It was in decent shape, but the stock was a little banged up.

When I decided to modify one for the Archangel stock, I decided to buy a second one rather than mess up my wall ornament. The only one I found at Cabela's was a beauty. Mint condition, but $300. I used the old one on my wall for the mod, bought a standard Mosin sling for my new prize and hung it up on the wall.

The old one:
w1woid.jpg

Probably from the rear. ;)

It's probably not a good idea for anyone to be writing about what they have in the way of weapons on this forum. Watch for those who like to turn the discussion in order to find out such information. You need to realize not everyone is who they say they are. People can say anything on a message board. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is true.

It's an anonymous message board. I have a bunch of ARs, an AK and lots of ammo. I don't even care who knows about them or the pistols I have. Or the 120mm Mortar with 10 VS nerve agent shells and 1 mini Israeli made thermonuclear warhead.

you can also get a bump fire stock that achieves much the same effect

I learned how to bump-fire my AK pretty well by hooking my thumb in my belt loop, and pushing forward on the handguard to fire it. I can empty a 75-round drum magazine but it just sprays the rounds all over the place.

Maybe I should try yelling "Allah hu Akbar" and see if that murdering pedophile will guide my rounds to the target. :laugh:

Forum List

Back