Mars mission will be a suicide mission.

As I stated in my post, far to many risks exist that make any Mars mission a no go situation. The distance to Mars, the radiation that exist on the surface of Mars will be deadly for the astronauts once they arrive there. The logistics of any mission, would be tremendous, the fuel for the craft will be enormous. The problems of navigating the journey, the time window that makes the Martian mission possible. You can only launch for Mars every three years!!? If you make an error with the navigation , the astronauts can fly off into deep space. Just to many risks that make this kind of mission to dangerous for humans from Earth to want. We have many issues here on Earth that the billions of dollars for any Mars mission could be spent on!!? NASA needs to stop selling this Mars mission fantasy dream. And all you space geeks need to accept the reality of the dangers of any such Mars mission.!?!Do the research.!!?

In abut 200 years you will get your wish unless we do something today. You are spewing BS. If the oceans were drained and transported to mars, mars would be completely covered with water with one exception only. And your BS about the comparison of transporting some construction equipment to Mars versus all 3 of the Earth's Oceans to Mars. I suggest you avoid any idjit contests, you would win hands down.

It wasn't a comparison. It's just something to describe how completely impossible it would be to terraform mars. It can't be done.

As I stated in my post, far to many risks exist that make any Mars mission a no go situation. The distance to Mars, the radiation that exist on the surface of Mars will be deadly for the astronauts once they arrive there. The logistics of any mission, would be tremendous, the fuel for the craft will be enormous. The problems of navigating the journey, the time window that makes the Martian mission possible. You can only launch for Mars every three years!!? If you make an error with the navigation , the astronauts can fly off into deep space. Just to many risks that make this kind of mission to dangerous for humans from Earth to want. We have many issues here on Earth that the billions of dollars for any Mars mission could be spent on!!? NASA needs to stop selling this Mars mission fantasy dream. And all you space geeks need to accept the reality of the dangers of any such Mars mission.!?!Do the research.!!?

If you had your way, that same money would be a tax cut for the rich paid for by the poor and middle class.
All those Programs for the good won't be funded. Now, you won't see the harm in your lifetime but 200 years from now, we are going to need those resources from space. From 1950 to 1980 we made some pretty good things happen and we cleaned up Mother Nature pretty good. But after 1980 we started to crap all over the place and the clean rivers and clean air stopped being that important. While mother nature may go up and down, we can either help her or bury her. In 200 years, if you had your way, we would be looking for another home planet since we will have pretty much exhausted the natural resources of Earth. We can spend the money now when it's cheap or wait and have to spend it when it's expensive.

It wasn't a comparison. It's just something to describe how completely impossible it would be to terraform mars. It can't be done.

I don't suggest we attempt to terraform mars. But we use it to research what it takes to get to the next system outside of your own Solar System. The short term good part of it is, that same research and resources goes to space mining.

And those astronauts can't simply turn around and come back. It's like a straight shot to mars. The have to navigate things going 500,000 miles per hour, in something like a cork screw direction.

Because of our orbit and the solar systems orbit, and speeds in which it all goes, it's extremely had to even hit the moon just right. There's still some equipment the US was trying to send to the moon several decades ago now, still flying around in orbit. They miscalculated only my a little tiny bit and completely missed the moon.
I think it does a fly by every few years.

Pretty interesting story, I'll look it up.

None the less, you're correct about a manned mission to mars. There's really no need in spending all this time and money on going there.

Any mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. The first problem has to do with gravity, and the return liftoff from the surface of Mars. Once any craft lands on the Martian surface, it will become to heavy to launch back into space. The second problem, has to do with radiation. The space radiation that has been on the Martian surface is very dangerous for humans from Earth. The third and most obvious problem is the cost and the navigation to get to Mars and back to Earth. As I understand it, you only have a certain window of time when the Earth is in close proximity to Mars, for the journey to Mars to be reachable. Your thoughts on all of these issues.??
And the obsession continues.......

If we ever sent an interracial couple to Mars, 52 would shit himself until he died from dehydration.

And those astronauts can't simply turn around and come back. It's like a straight shot to mars. The have to navigate things going 500,000 miles per hour, in something like a cork screw direction.

The sun and the planets say you are wrong. To those outside of our solar system, it's being done as a corkscrew but inside the solar system, everything runs damned smooth and they don't have to navigate the corkscrew.

Now, where did you get that 500,000 mph? Here is a list of the top speed manmade objects.

1. Helios 2 Spacecraft – 157,078 Km/h

In order to get that speed, it had to get very close to the sun and slingshot away from it. The temperatures and Gforces would have turned people into fully cooked jello.

2. Juno Spacecraft – 165,000 Km/h

It obtains this speed by slingshoting Jupiter Over and Over for a few years. Again, the G forces would be in the excess of 30 Gees over an extended period of time over and over.

3. Voyager 1 Spacecraft – 17,000 Km/h

4. Apollo 10 Spacecraft – 39,897 Km/h

Now, we are doing manned vehicles where they have to watch out for G forces and Temperatures.

5. U.S. Air Force’s X-43A – Mach 9.8

6. NASA X-15 Rocket Plane – Mach 6.7

7. North American X-15 Rocket Plane – Mach 6.04

8. Boeing X-51 Waverider – Mach 5.1

9. Mikoyan MiG-25 Foxbat – Mach 3.2

10. Boeing X-43 Hyper-X – Mach 9.7

Because of our orbit and the solar systems orbit, and speeds in which it all goes, it's extremely had to even hit the moon just right. There's still some equipment the US was trying to send to the moon several decades ago now, still flying around in orbit. They miscalculated only my a little tiny bit and completely missed the moon.
I think it does a fly by every few years.

They can now hit Pluto without failing. The moon is childsplay and Mars isn't much harder.

Pretty interesting story, I'll look it up.

None the less, you're correct about a manned mission to mars. There's really no need in spending all this time and money on going there.

We either spend it now while it's "Cheap" and we aren't hard pressed to do it or we can wait and have to do it too quickly and bankrupt entire consortium countries. But it's going to have to be spent.

Even if we don't go in the next 20 or so years, think of the scientific advancements we are already gaining from the idea. Who knows, in 20 years, they may have an engine that can hit 500K in speed without a huge outlay of fuel.

The sun and the planets say you are wrong. To those outside of our solar system, it's being done as a corkscrew but inside the solar system, everything runs damned smooth and they don't have to navigate the corkscrew.

Now, where did you get that 500,000 mph? Here is a list of the top speed manmade objects.

1. Helios 2 Spacecraft – 157,078 Km/h

In order to get that speed, it had to get very close to the sun and slingshot away from it. The temperatures and Gforces would have turned people into fully cooked jello.

2. Juno Spacecraft – 165,000 Km/h

It obtains this speed by slingshoting Jupiter Over and Over for a few years. Again, the G forces would be in the excess of 30 Gees over an extended period of time over and over.

3. Voyager 1 Spacecraft – 17,000 Km/h

4. Apollo 10 Spacecraft – 39,897 Km/h

Now, we are doing manned vehicles where they have to watch out for G forces and Temperatures.

5. U.S. Air Force’s X-43A – Mach 9.8

6. NASA X-15 Rocket Plane – Mach 6.7

7. North American X-15 Rocket Plane – Mach 6.04

8. Boeing X-51 Waverider – Mach 5.1

9. Mikoyan MiG-25 Foxbat – Mach 3.2

10. Boeing X-43 Hyper-X – Mach 9.7

They can now hit Pluto without failing. The moon is childsplay and Mars isn't much harder.

We either spend it now while it's "Cheap" and we aren't hard pressed to do it or we can wait and have to do it too quickly and bankrupt entire consortium countries. But it's going to have to be spent.

Even if we don't go in the next 20 or so years, think of the scientific advancements we are already gaining from the idea. Who knows, in 20 years, they may have an engine that can hit 500K in speed without a huge outlay of fuel.

You don't know much about this subject, do you?

You don't know much about this subject, do you?

Everything inside the Solar System from the Belts to the Sun are all in perfect relationship to each other. The sun is moving through space but it takes the planets and other things with it in relationship to itself. You would have to be light years away to notice the corkscrew effect. Inside Sols influence you and everything will be in a state of movement where NO corkscrew movement will be felt or noticed. Damn, Sam, Imagine if we felt that corkscrew movement? Gravity and attraction are wonderful things.

Now get back to trying to prove that the Earth is flat and the moon landings were faked.

Everything inside the Solar System from the Belts to the Sun are all in perfect relationship to each other. The sun is moving through space but it takes the planets and other things with it in relationship to itself. You would have to be light years away to notice the corkscrew effect. Inside Sols influence you and everything will be in a state of movement where NO corkscrew movement will be felt or noticed. Damn, Sam, Imagine if we felt that corkscrew movement? Gravity and attraction are wonderful things.

Now get back to trying to prove that the Earth is flat and the moon landings were faked.

We don't feel the movement because of gravity and an atmosphere.

Everyone knows the moon is flat and the earth landings were faked.

We don't feel the movement because of gravity and an atmosphere.
No.

The solar system moves as a unit. This velocity was imparted upon our planet as it formed. The entire Solar system was "moving" with this velocity (relative to the center of the Milky Way), before the planets formed.

Any mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. The first problem has to do with gravity, and the return liftoff from the surface of Mars. Once any craft lands on the Martian surface, it will become to heavy to launch back into space. The second problem, has to do with radiation. The space radiation that has been on the Martian surface is very dangerous for humans from Earth. The third and most obvious problem is the cost and the navigation to get to Mars and back to Earth. As I understand it, you only have a certain window of time when the Earth is in close proximity to Mars, for the journey to Mars to be reachable. Your thoughts on all of these issues.??
Putin wants to conquer Mars after Ukraine! We must beat him to Mars!

1, Gravity. Mars has 1/5th the gravity of Earth. It won't take much to get things back to the orbiting mother ship.

2. Radiation. Like the Moon, any habitat that is ground level will be just temporary. Now, take it below a certain level and you have a natural insulator. This is why it's important to give the moon the first shot. When they iron out the problems on the Moon, then it's time to head out to Mars.

3. Cost. One of the things that will happen is that Mars can be a jumpoff point to mine the various belts of material out there.
The possibilities are endless and I'm pretty sure they'll know what all the natural hazards will be and how to protect the crew from them before we ever do the launch.

In our local Museum of Science and Natural History they show special movies of history or science and not long ago we watched one on the mysteries of space. And they demonstrated in the movie how warp speeds can be achieved in space. We know how it can be done, but we do not yet have the technology to do it. But if they ever figure it out, and I am quite confident they're working on it, a trip to Mars or other planets in our solar system would be pretty easy to achieve.

I'm one of those who wants to know what's out there. I'm way too old to apply to the astronaut program now, but if I was a young adult in college now, that's what I would be preparing myself for. I would have wanted to be on the crew of the Enterprise.

With the Earth now adding another billion people every 10 or 11 years or so, we had better start stretching our vision and exploring what possibilities there are to a) move populations elsewhere or b) move resources from other places to Earth. That could be valuable beyond measure for future generations.

We waste so much time, money, efforts on worrying about climate change--time, money, efforts that have accomplished absolutely nothing--I hope our leaders choose to divert all those resources to something that might actually help humankind.

The possibilities are endless and I'm pretty sure they'll know what all the natural hazards will be and how to protect the crew from them before we ever do the launch.

In our local Museum of Science and Natural History they show special movies of history or science and not long ago we watched one on the mysteries of space. And they demonstrated in the movie how warp speeds can be achieved in space. We know how it can be done, but we do not yet have the technology to do it. But if they ever figure it out, and I am quite confident they're working on it, a trip to Mars or other planets in our solar system would be pretty easy to achieve.

I'm one of those who wants to know what's out there. I'm way too old to apply to the astronaut program now, but if I was a young adult in college now, that's what I would be preparing myself for. I would have wanted to be on the crew of the Enterprise.

With the Earth now adding another billion people every 10 or 11 years or so, we had better start stretching our vision and exploring what possibilities there are to a) move populations elsewhere or b) move resources from other places to Earth. That could be valuable beyond measure for future generations.

We waste so much time, money, efforts on worrying about climate change--time, money, efforts that have accomplished absolutely nothing--I hope our leaders choose to divert all those resources to something that might actually help humankind.

I got super interest in space and space travel several years ago. The thought of us traveling to another planet always amazed me. All the way to one point. When I seen what NASA thinks could be a habitable planet just 4 light years away. They showed this planet, or what they could show. Which was just a bright star on the other side of it. All you could actually see was a tiny black dot as it eclipsed that star. So all they actually know is that there's a black dot that comes between the camera and that star. And that it does it ever so often. They don't know if it's got air, water or what the temperature is.
Then I did the math.
1 light year (5.8 trillions miles) X 4 equals 23 trillion miles away. So even if we could do 18,000 mph, it would still take something like a billion years to get there. If we could actually achieve light speed, there's be no way to navigate through the galaxy without touching even one spec of dust. Which would obliterate the craft.

None the less, space is what dreams are made of. The thought of other planets with other forms of life. Probably even intelligent life, is amazing.

BTW, from what I understand, just outside our atmosphere is an unlimited amount of hydrogen. I'm all in for hydrogen cars. I'm all for mining what we need from the moon too.

Last edited:
All of those "issues" are baseless and idiotic.

Forum List

Back