Maricopa County Will Need New Voting Machines After GOP's Audit, Arizona Secretary Of State Says

The real voting fraud is taking place now, with these clowns trying to find a way to alter future elections in their favor. Our electoral system is vulnerable to groups like this, in states like Arizona, with enough crazy Republicans to allow their tampering.

Of course, a completely secure election (as this one was already proven to be) could be made even more secure were a federal balloting process instituted, but Republicans, the enemies of democracy, know they cannot hijack future elections if this were to happen, and would never agree to this solution.

meh. Proof of voter fraud would have been better.
Carelessness doesn't equal voter fraud, it just amplifies suspicion.
So as a result of Republican incompetence and stupidity, not only has voting in Arizona been made less secure, but the taxpayers are going to be forced to pay for that incompetence and stupidity.

Republicans are incapable of responsible governance.

Or maybe they need to go back to paper ballots only…

My state outlawed any and all voting systems that don't produce a paper ballot in 2005.

My state has been 100% paper ballot since 2005.
K.I.S.S. No machines. 100% hand marked, hand counted, paper ballots! {"paper ballots only".. else you're still inviting devils to the dance}

We reformed our voting system in the early 2000s.

We got rid of any machine that doesn't produce a paper ballot and we went to 100% mail in ballot.

We have clean elections with a paper trail so that recounts and audits can be done properly.

Most states should use our system.

You live in Colorado. My favourite state. I miss going to ski there.

No I don't live in Colorado. I have never lived in Colorado.

I've visited the state and it's one of my favorite states but I've never lived there.

Maricopa County will have to buy new voting machines because their machines were turned over to an unauthorized private company with no security.

The Secretary of State says she will make sure those machines are never used again by decertifying them.

If I lived in Arizona I would be ticked off and want the cyber ninja company to pay for the new voting machines.

Wonder how much THAT's gonna cost AZ.

It's going to cost a lot of money and all of it was very unnecessary.

I would also say it was illegal. At least at the federal level. Federal law prohibits those ballots to be out of the control of official state elections a certain amount of time. I think it's something like 22 weeks or something like that. Whatever it is, the ballots were not controlled by the legal people for the required amount of time.

There are other federal laws they have broken such as security.

The republicans in the AZ senate just handed those machines over to a private company with no regard to security. Anyone in that private company can put any sort of malware or spyware or anything else on those machines.

All of them are compromised and need to be replaced.

The cyber ninja company should be who pays for the replacement machines.
Let's hope the law is enforced and those machines replaced. With Republicans in charge, you can never count on them following the law and holding people accountable.

That's so very true.

The Secretary of State for Arizona has said she will decertify the machines so that they can never been used again in Arizona.

Maricopa County will have to buy new voting machines because their machines were turned over to an unauthorized private company with no security.

The Secretary of State says she will make sure those machines are never used again by decertifying them.

If I lived in Arizona I would be ticked off and want the cyber ninja company to pay for the new voting machines.

So the implications of this are that the machines are so unsecure that someone with a password can make them produce false results, and there is no way to reliably fix them after such a thing happens. They can't even be wiped and recertified.

Says a lot more about the machines than it does the audit.

I would also say it was illegal. At least at the federal level. Federal law prohibits those ballots to be out of the control of official state elections a certain amount of time. I think it's something like 22 weeks or something like that. Whatever it is, the ballots were not controlled by the legal people for the required amount of time.

The republicans in the AZ senate just handed those machines over to a private company with no regard to security. Anyone in that private company can put any sort of malware or spyware or anything else on those machines.

Mark Zuckerberg paid off all the secretaries of state. He's a tool of the deep state. What do you imagine that $350 million he donated went to?

Let's hope the law is enforced and those machines replaced. With Republicans in charge, you can never count on them following the law and holding people accountable.
What law? When were any elections laws enforced during this election?

You all sound like children with crumbs on their mouths denying they raided the cookie jar.

So much for Republicans being the party of ‘fiscal responsibility.’
Whenever leftwingers whine about "fiscal responsibility" it's because they are about to get nailed.
You and your fellow nitwit Republicans are wasting taxpayers’ dollars on a sham ‘audit’ that isn’t necessary and won’t change the outcome of the election.

Republicans are reckless, wasteful, and irresponsible – Republicans have no business holding elected office.

Whenever leftwingers whine about "fiscal responsibility" it's because they are about to get nailed.
You and your fellow nitwit Republicans are wasting taxpayers’ dollars on a sham ‘audit’ that isn’t necessary and won’t change the outcome of the election.

Republicans are reckless, wasteful, and irresponsible – Republicans have no business holding elected office.
Investigating Democrat criminality is never a waste of money.

The only problem with the audit is it's only going in one state. There should also be audits in GA, MI, NV, PA, and WI. Getting the results changed in multiple states would put Trump back in the White House as the election winner.

When was the Republican Party anything close to fiscally responsible?

Just saying they are doesn't make it true.

It's not responsible to cut taxes for the rich so that many corporations don't pay a penny in federal income taxes and the rich pay a fraction of a percentage of their income compared to those who aren't rich. It's not responsible to have very low taxes on unearned income to the point that those who actually work for a living pay a higher rate.

While starving our nation of the needed revenue to pay our bills and keep our nation updated to 21st century technology.

They have crashed our economy in every republican presidency after Carter. Nixon wasn't great on the economy either but it didn't totally crash and we didn't have the levels of homeless on our streets that began in the 80s.

Most, not all, of the debt we face was forced on us by republican presidents. The deficit we face today was created by republicans. Everyone of them after Carter took our deficit to new record highs.

Cutting taxes and increasing spending is totally irresponsible. Which is what republicans always do.

They are the most fiscally and economically irresponsible party we have. I will never understand why anyone would think they are fiscally responsible.

When was the Republican Party anything close to fiscally responsible?

Just saying they are doesn't make it true.

It's not responsible to cut taxes for the rich so that many corporations don't pay a penny in federal income taxes and the rich pay a fraction of a percentage of their income compared to those who aren't rich. It's not responsible to have very low taxes on unearned income to the point that those who actually work for a living pay a higher rate.

While starving our nation of the needed revenue to pay our bills and keep our nation updated to 21st century technology.

They have crashed our economy in every republican presidency after Carter. Nixon wasn't great on the economy either but it didn't totally crash and we didn't have the levels of homeless on our streets that began in the 80s.

Most, not all, of the debt we face was forced on us by republican presidents. The deficit we face today was created by republicans. Everyone of them after Carter took our deficit to new record highs.

Cutting taxes and increasing spending is totally irresponsible. Which is what republicans always do.

They are the most fiscally and economically irresponsible party we have. I will never understand why anyone would think they are fiscally responsible.
Your definition of "fiscally responsible" means writing a blank check so Democrats can go on a spending spree.

I like how Rick Smith used to put it all the time. The Republicans are the the party of "Cut, Gut, and Punish!" When will The Have Nots cease oppressing the Haves!

Unfortunately, the Dems seldom prove much better.

Unauthorized companies without security are a lot safer than any machine secured by a Democrat

It is too bad that the AZ Republicans were allowed somehow to pull this off; I hope Maricopa County sues the snot out of them.

Yes, you can't count on what Republicans will do. They are not like Democrats who we all know will cheat and steal an election, like you just did. Hail Biden

Forum List

Back