March 30, 1981- Rawhide Down

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
March 30, 1981. Where were you when you heard?
E37F2CD1-1B4A-4019-99B8-D53FA064CB92.jpeg

Great book on that day is Rawhide Down. Turned out Reagan was minutes from dying and only a series of right decisions saved him. From the driver choosing to not go to the safest place - the White House - to the doctors trying to figure out why he was internally bleeding out (small bullet hole was in his armpit).

Last edited:
View attachment 253041
Great book on that day is Rawhide Down. Turned out Reagan was minutes from dying and only a series of right decisions saved him. From the driver choosing to not go to the safest place - the Whit House - to the doctors trying to figure out why he was internally bleeding out (small bullet hole was in his armpit).

I read about it. Reagan almost died, went through all the blood. He was hurt a lot worse than he ever let on. He really didn't recover as much as he was going to for about 6 mos.

And then came "The Brady Bill" which needs repealed!

That came so fast, it's almost like they had it written up beforehand. :1peleas::rolleyes:

View attachment 253041
Great book on that day is Rawhide Down. Turned out Reagan was minutes from dying and only a series of right decisions saved him. From the driver choosing to not go to the safest place - the Whit House - to the doctors trying to figure out why he was internally bleeding out (small bullet hole was in his armpit).

I read about it. Reagan almost died, went through all the blood. He was hurt a lot worse than he ever let on. He really didn't recover as much as he was going to for about 6 mos.
Reagan to ER doctor: ‘I hope you’re a Republican.’

Reagan to Nancy: ‘Honey, I forgot to duck.’

I remember Alexander Haig."I'm in control here in the White House"
Very macho response.Had Russia shaking in their boots

Ronnie was tough as nails. Democrats must have had quite a laugh when Hinkley was found not guilty by reason of insanity when he is sane as you and me.

I still think it's cool as balls that his SS code name was 'Rawhide'.

Forum List

Back