Zone1 Many Dominicans think they are not black?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Gyppo Space Explorer
Even the ones who are more then half or look more then half. I met one catholic and spanish speaking woman and she told me she is upset because people mistake her for black. A quite black looking latina asked my dad at work why he thinks that she is black? He told me that. That was long ago though.

Last edited:
Even the ones who are more then half or look more then half. I met one catholic and spanish speaking woman and she told me she is upset because people mistake her for black. A quite black looking latina asked my dad at work why he thinks that she is black? He told me that. That was long ago though. So Silverknight is not the only one.

In your dreams. :laughing0301:

father-son-trip-to-the-Dominican-Republic.jpg

Apparently, 'Black' means 'African American' in American English. She may feel insulted at being taken for American...

lol yeah right. We have millions of black and brown people trying to get into the U.S. Go figure.

Apparently, 'Black' means 'African American' in American English. She may feel insulted at being taken for American...
As it was explained to me, black means black without any other ethnicities. These individuals prefer the term colored which recognizes and respects mixed race.

Forum List

Back