Manchin will become the ranking member of the Energy Committee. this is a disaster for progressives

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
If that happens, he'd become chair of the cmte when/if Dems take the Senate in 2020. That would be a DISASTER for climate policy.

I can't think of a single thing Senate Dems could do more likely to crush the bright new climate ambition in the House than having Manchin as chair of ENR. ENR is likely where climate legislation will happen in the Senate & the chair is the one who writes legislation.

Disaster for regressive liberal pieces of shit you say?

(There is NOTHING "progressive" about collectivism)

That means it's good for America.

Don’t worry. Manchin is a fairly reliable vote for Schumer.

Besides you aren’t getting the senate.

If that happens, he'd become chair of the cmte when/if Dems take the Senate in 2020. That would be a DISASTER for climate policy.

I can't think of a single thing Senate Dems could do more likely to crush the bright new climate ambition in the House than having Manchin as chair of ENR. ENR is likely where climate legislation will happen in the Senate & the chair is the one who writes legislation.

2020? That's funny...

You don't have a source.

• Banned

You don't have a source.

i saw it on TV

You don't have a source.

i saw it on TV
You saw that he might, not that he will.

You don't have a source.

i saw it on TV
You saw that he might, not that he will.
details details...

In fact, Manchin is that rare Democrat who will bring calm, rational judgement to the issue while the rest of the Democrats scrabble around in a panic proposing all kinds of nonsense.

In fact, Manchin is that rare Democrat who will bring calm, rational judgement to the issue while the rest of the Democrats scrabble around in a panic proposing all kinds of nonsense.
are you his constituent?

are you his constituent?
An irrelevant question since the issue you raised is about national policy.

The single most compelling argument that "Deniers" have about warming is that the historical record does not support causation between high levels of CO2 and higher global temperatures. Graph them both side by side, and it's obvious that there is no correlation.

Until now.

So one school says that increased CO2 is CAUSING warming, so we have to reduce CO2 levels, and the other school says that the current correlation is just a COINCIDENCE, and it is foolish to make global public policy on the chance that CO2 increases are CAUSING rising temperatures.

Burn Baby, Burn!

Forum List

Back