Man who walks 21 miles to his job is given money for a car.

In my job I often have to walk 30 miles or more carrying over 80 pounds in a rucksack but no fucker gives me a car!

You carry 80 lbs. the whole 30 miles? :eek-52:
Yes he does. he is a grunt in the Military. Farthest I ever went was 15 and with a light pack at that. But then I was support.

I thought only Special Forces do that kind of stuff and not that far.

That is why I joined the Air Force. Of course, I only weighed 145 lbs. at 6'2" in basic and thought (at the time) carrying my duffel bag full of new issues from supply was hard. :)

In my job I often have to walk 30 miles or more carrying over 80 pounds in a rucksack but no fucker gives me a car!
It wasn't in your contract?

No. Perhaps I should have joined the cavalry, then I would have got company wheels and a horse for weekends!
I was in 1st Cav and we had to walk also. I was 56D then, when I was a 27E we had our own truck to drive....

Cavalry, but no wheels on your wagon! That sounds so wrong.

You carry 80 lbs. the whole 30 miles? :eek-52:
Yes he does. he is a grunt in the Military. Farthest I ever went was 15 and with a light pack at that. But then I was support.

I thought only Special Forces do that kind of stuff and not that far.

That is why I joined the Air Force. Of course, I only weighed 145 lbs. at 6'2" in basic and thought (at the time) carrying my duffel bag full of new issues from supply was hard. :)

Lol! Wise man! Our training is 32 weeks The culmination of which is the 30 miler across moorland with full battle kit. It has to be completed within eight hours. Finish outside of this and you don't get accepted into the corps.

It's very good that this guy, now, have a car.
But it's very sad, that all this situation looks like just another futile attempt of government, to say "We love you, citizens".
But in fact, i don't think that somebody else will receive what they want...

Forum List

Back