Man hates robo-calls

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
I like his attitude.

John Oliver Unleashes Robocall Hell On FCC Commissioners

“If only there was a way to get the FCC’s attention,” Oliver mused.

If someone had the phone numbers of, say, all FCC commissioners, including Ajit Pai, “because then you could hypothetically set up a program to robocall those numbers every 90 minutes,” Oliver dreamed, with a message saying:

Hi FCC! This is John from Customer Service. Congratulations! You’ve just won a chance to lower robocalls in America today. Sorry, but I am a live person. Robocalls are incredibly annoying, and the person who can stop them is you! Talk to you again in 90 minutes. Here’s some bagpipe music:"

His way brings attention to robo-calls on mobile phones.

I don't have one.

I do have a landline, and got so tired of robocalls I bought a little machine that stops them.

Works like a dream.

I no longer get more than one call from a tape recorder.

I get 2-3 per day on my business phone which automatically forwards to my cell phone. It literally makes me want to choke somebody. What stumps me is that they must have some small level of success or they wouldn’t continue.

Good for him. The "Do Not Call" is as useless as tits on teapot. We are both on it and still get several calls a day about horseshit.

Good for him. The "Do Not Call" is as useless as tits on teapot. We are both on it and still get several calls a day about horseshit.

I agree.

I answered a few of the live calls, and informed them I was on Do Not Call, ad hung up.

within 3 days, they had called back.

Dont' have to worry about that now

I like his attitude.

John Oliver Unleashes Robocall Hell On FCC Commissioners

“If only there was a way to get the FCC’s attention,” Oliver mused.

If someone had the phone numbers of, say, all FCC commissioners, including Ajit Pai, “because then you could hypothetically set up a program to robocall those numbers every 90 minutes,” Oliver dreamed, with a message saying:

Hi FCC! This is John from Customer Service. Congratulations! You’ve just won a chance to lower robocalls in America today. Sorry, but I am a live person. Robocalls are incredibly annoying, and the person who can stop them is you! Talk to you again in 90 minutes. Here’s some bagpipe music:"

His way brings attention to robo-calls on mobile phones.

I don't have one.

I do have a landline, and got so tired of robocalls I bought a little machine that stops them.

Works like a dream.

I no longer get more than one call from a tape recorder.

Telemarketing calls are highly annoying.
What kind of machine do you have that blocks them?
I have filled my phone’s memory with blocked numbers.

Forum List

Back