Man arrested for shooting at Fiance's attempted kidnappers

Man arrested after shooting at fiancee's attempted abductor

What the hell has happened to Texas!? 1. You can't be arrested JUST for being attached to a gang! 2. Why the fuck are they whining about a man defending his family and NOT the kidnappers? Jeez.

Once again civilians have no use of force policy and are not trained to fire a deadly weapon responsibly. What if a child/spouse were sitting in their living room reading a book when a errant bullet struck them in the head, killing them instantly, or leaving them brain damaged for life? Would you feel that the shooter acted legally and appropriately?

What the hell has happened to Texas!? 1. You can't be arrested JUST for being attached to a gang! 2. Why the fuck are they whining about a man defending his family and NOT the kidnappers? Jeez.

Once again civilians have no use of force policy and are not trained to fire a deadly weapon responsibly. What if a child/spouse were sitting in their living room reading a book when a errant bullet struck them in the head, killing them instantly, or leaving them brain damaged for life? Would you feel that the shooter acted legally and appropriately?

Hold the shooter responsible for what happens. No problem.

But let's not hold them responsible for what MIGHT have happened.

What if the girl was kidnapped and her body parts scattered about the city or she was found, raped, bound, tortured and stabbed to death.

Aside from that this was a gang hit.

Here's why he was arrested.

- Much to the confusion of neighbors and the victim, deputies arrested Morin, saying he is affiliated with a gang and charging him with a deadly conduct with a firearm. They allege he shot recklessly into the neighborhood while aiming for the attackers.

This wasn't some random attack on an innocent woman. Her fiance is a gang member. Let the police do their job.

So you support a man being arrested for saving his wife? Kill yourself you fucking insane fascist pig.

- Much to the confusion of neighbors and the victim, deputies arrested Morin, saying he is affiliated with a gang and charging him with a deadly conduct with a firearm. They allege he shot recklessly into the neighborhood while aiming for the attackers.

This wasn't some random attack on an innocent woman. Her fiance is a gang member. Let the police do their job.

Even if he is a member of a gang he has the right to self defense.

Can't be arrested for JUST being affiliated with a gang.

No. He cannot be arrested for being affiliated with a gang. So they got him on gun charges.

He certainly had a right to use his gun in defense of his girlfriend. He will be released as soon as he gives up whatever information the police want.

This ^^^ is idiocy on steroids, in my not so humble opinion. What I suggested was not, and is not, fiction.

I'm fine with it. Besides, he was arrested on gun charges. You want to play in that world and endanger us all, then you suffer the consequences of police sniffing around your house and arresting you on whatever they can find. Imagine the information they're probably getting out of him now. If he wasn't in a gang then two armed guy wouldn't be in his driveway trying to kidnap his fiance. Shots are never fired in the neighborhood putting everyone else in danger. You can't live the thug lifestyle and then bitch and whine when, well... thugs do their thing against you and police start making arrests to solve the gang problem. His lifestyle brought that on the neighborhood.

Last edited:

Until Society gets rid of all crime, or places LEOs on every street corner with a mandate. To STOP crime, civilians are going to need to protect themselves. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.

Obviously a shooter owns their bullets from chamber to final destination, and the background should be taken into consideration when making a shoot-no shoot decision, but sometimes there's no other option.

The problem is that in the legal sense the man was not defending his family when he fired the shots. The laws in every state allow for the use of deadly force only if – at the time such force was used – a person reasonably believes it is necessary to avoid death or serious bodily injury to himself or an innocent third party. In this case, the men were running away and thus no longer posed a threat.

The police have the right to use deadly force to prevent a dangerous felon from escaping but the common citizen does not. If the jury follows the judge's instructions the man will be convicted. If I were sitting on the jury I would acquit him. No one was actually harmed and I can understand the intense fear and anger he must have felt at the time.

Over the years I have cautioned members of this forum to know the laws in their state before they attempted to use deadly force. The rule to remember is this: taking a man's life – under any conditions you can possibly imagine – is murder UNLESS your state provides a specific exemption allowing you to use deadly force under the conditions which existed at the time you used it. Unfortunately, the man was not justified in attempting to use deadly force and he may be going to jail.

This ^^^ is idiocy on steroids, in my not so humble opinion. What I suggested was not, and is not, fiction.

I didn't say I thought was fiction. But what I posted stands.

The man was defending his girlfriend when he fired the shots. Gunfire is what caused the men to give up the kidnapping attempt and flee. The sequence of events is clear from the written report.

The arrest is bogus. This was a gang hit. As soon as the man arrested gives up the information the police want, the charges will be dropped.

The rival gang that attempted the kidnapping isn't going to give up this easy.

His first shots fired could be defended. The 5 shots he fired at the fleeing criminals is where they got him. They were no longer a threat.

The problem is that in the legal sense the man was not defending his family when he fired the shots. The laws in every state allow for the use of deadly force only if – at the time such force was used – a person reasonably believes it is necessary to avoid death or serious bodily injury to himself or an innocent third party. In this case, the men were running away and thus no longer posed a threat.

With due respect, I will defer to Col Jeff Cooper (US Army, Ret.) Who taught..... "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6)".

Forum List

Back