Man accused of killing Las Vegas police officer faced previous gun-related charges, records say

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
We had a Las Vegas Metro police officer get killed here yesterday morning near UNLV. He worked at my brother's area command. This is a week after nine people were stabbed on The Strip in front of the Wynn. Two of them died. Crime seems to be getting out of control everywhere and I blame the permissive attitude by our politicians and justice system. Between "defund the police," states instituting cashless bail, and District Attorneys who don't want to prosecute crimes, things are going to continue to get worse and this element is spreading like a cancer to other places that aren't engaging in these so-called "reforms" like here in Vegas. I said in another thread a few days ago that our justice system is too soft and this criminal element is going to continue to thrive until it reaches the breaking point that Americans demand our justice system get serious about it. It seems the pendulum always has to swing from one extreme to the other in order to affect change.

Good job they did of making him look white. They almost fooled me there for a few seconds.

1665761871887.png

We had a Las Vegas Metro police officer get killed here yesterday morning near UNLV. He worked at my brother's area command. This is a week after nine people were stabbed on The Strip in front of the Wynn. Two of them died. Crime seems to be getting out of control everywhere and I blame the permissive attitude by our politicians and justice system. Between "defund the police," states instituting cashless bail, and District Attorneys who don't want to prosecute crimes, things are going to continue to get worse and this element is spreading like a cancer to other places that aren't engaging in these so-called "reforms" like here in Vegas. I said in another thread a few days ago that our justice system is too soft and this criminal element is going to continue to thrive until it reaches the breaking point that Americans demand our justice system get serious about it. It seems the pendulum always has to swing from one extreme to the other in order to affect change.

Leftists demand more gun laws, while letting violent felons who assaulted people with guns out of jail.

Crime seems to be getting out of control everywhere and I blame the permissive attitude by our politicians and justice system.
That's the traditional approach in America of placing blame, but it's not working.

Are you inviting a discussion on the issue? If so, I'll open up the discussion by saying that the opposite approach of putting the emphasis on rehabilitation is showing to be producing results.

Just a note, fwiw: All the new topics appear to be efforts to troll, except for possibly this one. Is your intent to have a meaningful discussion? If so, could you please police this topic?

Leftists demand more gun laws, while letting violent felons who assaulted people with guns out of jail.
The gun laws, or lack of, is a secondary issue to the one raised. The OP raises the question on the need for more incarceration and stricter punishment and he seems to be talking 'for' that.

That's the issue on which he invites debate.

That's the traditional approach in America of placing blame, but it's not working.

Are you inviting a discussion on the issue? If so, I'll open up the discussion by saying that the opposite approach of putting the emphasis on rehabilitation is showing to be producing results.

Just a note, fwiw: All the new topics appear to be efforts to troll, except for possibly this one. Is your intent to have a meaningful discussion? If so, could you please police this topic?

Rehabilitation is "working?"

Where?

Here in America, the process of letting violent felons free is a disaster. Crime is rising exponentially due to the idiocy of the left - which actually is the objective of the left....

Will Nevada go Red next month?

If so, will that help, or are just too many lowlifes streaming in from Commiefornia?

The gun laws, or lack of, is a secondary issue to the one raised. The OP raises the question on the need for more incarceration and stricter punishment and he seems to be talking 'for' that.

That's the issue on which he invites debate.

Anyone with half a brain is "talking for that."

Violent people need to be removed from society. This is one reason I strongly support concealed and open carry as a constitutional right - no permit needed; so that those who carry can remove the violent from society permanently.

Violent people need to be removed from society. This is one reason I strongly support concealed and open carry as a constitutional right - no permit needed; so that those who carry can remove the violent from society permanently.
The approach of more incarceration and more punishment isn't working and there's no indication that increasing the wrong approach will ever work.

Alternative methods do work. There's no reason for me to elaborate further if nobody has an interest in a discussion.

I have to assume for now at least that the OP isn't interested in a discussion either.

I think that what you're promoting would quickly become 'vigilante justice' in America, and a very big increase in murder and violence by gun.

Rehabilitation is "working?"

Where?
It's working in countries that are honestly trying the approach.
Here in America, the process of letting violent felons free is a disaster. Crime is rising exponentially due to the idiocy of the left - which actually is the objective of the left....
Whatever America is doing, it's not working and the proof is in the statistics of huge number incarcerated and increased crime of the streets.

Your claim that rehabilitation is working is a claim that is proven wrong by the evidence against America.

If you wish a debate then you will have to supply some evidence to prove your point. If you can do that then I'll elaborate further with evidence to the contrary. Otherwise, there's no need to pursue the question any further.

Rehabilitation of young thugs? Good luck. It works maybe 1 in 1000 times and that is usually because the criminals mature and lose the violent tendencies that made them what they were.

It's an old idea which rarely bears fruition.

The approach of more incarceration and more punishment isn't working

False,

CLEARLY it was working, as the end of it has caused the first major increase in violent crime in over a century.

The "defund the police" and "no cash bail" idiocy has made America's streets more dangerous than any time since the 1880's - which is EXACTLY the goal of the fascist democrats, who are waging war against America.

and there's no indication that increasing the wrong approach will ever work.

The wrong approach is releasing violent felons into society - which is a fucking disaster on every level.

Alternative methods do work.

Bullshit.

What works EVERY time is capital punishment administered quickly and surely.

What works for violent crimes that don't warrant death is corporal punishment - flogging and whipping.

Both of the above MUST be public.

Incarceration keeps violent felons from preying on the public while they are locked up. Not perfect, but certainly keeps the public safer than the George Gascon method of setting the most violent and vicious to prey on society.

There's no reason for me to elaborate further if nobody has an interest in a discussion.

You mean if people call you out on your bullshit?

I have to assume for now at least that the OP isn't interested in a discussion either.

You're preaching, not discussing. And your sermon is a pile of long debunked lies.

We get it, you support violent criminals roaming American streets. I assume you support this for the same reason the democrats do, you seek the end of America.

It's working in countries that are honestly trying the approach.

No it isn't - or you would back up your claims.

But you won't, because you can't.

Whatever America is doing, it's not working and the proof is in the statistics of huge number incarcerated and increased crime of the streets.

Your claim that rehabilitation is working is a claim that is proven wrong by the evidence against America.

If you wish a debate then you will have to supply some evidence to prove your point. If you can do that then I'll elaborate further with evidence to the contrary. Otherwise, there's no need to pursue the question any further.

America had declining violent crime for well over 100 years - that is an extraordinary track record.

The trend only reversed when the Soros prosecutors declared war on the rule of law a few years back.

Remember, despite having a higher murder rate, America has a significantly lower rate of violent crime than the UK and most of Europe has.

The approach of more incarceration and more punishment isn't working and there's no indication that increasing the wrong approach will ever work.

Alternative methods do work. There's no reason for me to elaborate further if nobody has an interest in a discussion.

Your misguided alternative methods do work, SOME of the time. I want you to cite where an incarcerated (locked up) POS harmed or killed a private citizen. You cannot because it is not possible. Locking up the bad guy works ALL OF THE TIME.

Your misguided alternative methods do work, SOME of the time. I want you to cite where an incarcerated (locked up) POS harmed or killed a private citizen. You cannot because it is not possible. Locking up the bad guy works ALL OF THE TIME.
I don't hook into childish nonsense.

Forum List

Back