Lord of the Dance Michael Flatley is to sell his 18th-century mansion

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
flatley-mansion.jpg

Castlehyde House in north Cork will now prove one of the landmark property sales in Europe this year.

It is expected to be offered in the region of €20m to €30m. The Chicago-born dancer stressed that the magnificent house and estate deserved someone able to spend far more time living there than just a few weeks every year.

Flatley to sell his dream mansion - Independent.ie

I grew up with Flatley and he was always impulsive but I can't believe he was suckered into losing $10 million on that enormous money pit.

I grew up with Flatley and he was always impulsive but I can't believe he was suckered into losing $10 million on that enormous money pit.

Hmm... then again it's all fake money generated out of Hollywoodizing traditional dance, so maybe it's a wash.

Hmm... then again it's all fake money generated out of Hollywoodizing traditional dance, so maybe it's a wash.
The article makes it sound like he could break even but the Flatley I knew aged 15 years renovating his dream mansion.

The article makes it sound like he could break even but the Flatley I knew aged 15 years renovating his dream mansion.

Yeah when I read the place "deserves someone with more time than a few weeks a year" it sounds remarkably like "I'm stepping down to spend more time with my family".

Yeah when I read the place "deserves someone with more time than a few weeks a year" it sounds remarkably like "I'm stepping down to spend more time with my family".
Flatley is a control freak (in a good way) so I know he was involved in every single detail of that renovating.

Forum List

Back