Local Political Parties

dkro23

Rookie
Oct 20, 2012
I am becoming rather alienated by the current political situation. The high levels of political polarization in Congress and this country in general has made me unable to relate to any candidates in this country because they are too extreme to the left or the right, leaving no room for the middle.

In response, I want to create my own political party for local elections. But I have been having trouble finding guidance on how to do this. So I have questions for you on this forum (if you have any answers): Do I have to register the party for local elections? Do I have to have a minimum number of members before I can run as a nominated candidate or nominate a candidate?

Really just anything about the legalities of the process and any advice in general would be useful.

Really just anything about the legalities of the process and any advice in general would be useful.

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

- Rahm Emanuel, friend and advisor to President Obama

I am becoming rather alienated by the current political situation. The high levels of political polarization in Congress and this country in general has made me unable to relate to any candidates in this country because they are too extreme to the left or the right, leaving no room for the middle.

In response, I want to create my own political party for local elections. But I have been having trouble finding guidance on how to do this. So I have questions for you on this forum (if you have any answers): Do I have to register the party for local elections? Do I have to have a minimum number of members before I can run as a nominated candidate or nominate a candidate?

The process is different in each state.

Forum List

Back