LIVE: Wray and Garland testify before House on politicization of the FBI Jim Jordan chairs.

Requests are not censorship.

Yes, it is.

A REQUEST. from the FBI is a demand.

Are you telling me if the FBI requested YOU take down one of your posts, you would not comply? GTFO

Like when a mobster says, “Nice restaurant you have here.It would be ashame if something happened to it. You should pay us protection money so nothing happens.”

Ask Gym Jordan why he didn't report the sexual abuse of his wrestlers that he was required to do BY LAW.

Jordan has repeatedly denied any knowledge of what Strauss was doing.

"Our statement has never changed," Jordan spokesman Russell Dye, said in an email. "Congressman Jordan never saw or heard of any abuse, and if he had, he would have dealt with it."

Piss off

Jordan has repeatedly denied any knowledge of what Strauss was doing.

"Our statement has never changed," Jordan spokesman Russell Dye, said in an email. "Congressman Jordan never saw or heard of any abuse, and if he had, he would have dealt with it."

Piss off

Jim Jordan accused of ‘begging’ former Ohio State wrestler not to support reports of sexual abuse

A former Ohio State wrestler accused Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) of repeatedly “crying” and “begging” him not to corroborate accounts of sexual abuse against the university’s wrestling team doctor that occurred when Jordan was a coach.

Adam DiSabato — the brother of Mike DiSabato, the whistleblower who exposed the abuse by Richard Strauss — testified Wednesday during a public hearing in the state legislature that when the story came out in July 2018, he received a phone call from a tearful Jordan.

“Jim Jordan called me crying, crying, groveling, on the Fourth of July, begging me to go against my brother, begging me, crying for half an hour,” Adam DiSabato said, according to video of his testimony. “That’s the kind of coverups going on here.”

[snip]

“He’s throwing us under the bus, all of us,” DiSabato said. “He’s a coward. He’s not a leader; he’s a coward.”

He also accused Jordan of calling and pressuring other wrestlers to “flip their stories.”

“That’s the kind of person Jim Jordan is,” DiSabato said.

Yes, it is.

A REQUEST. from the FBI is a demand.

A request from the FBI is a request.

Are you telling me if the FBI requested YOU take down one of your posts, you would not comply? GTFO

That is exactly what I am telling you.

Like when a mobster says, “Nice restaurant you have here.It would be ashame if something happened to it. You should pay us protection money so nothing happens.”
False equivalence. The FBI is not a mobster and their was no threat.

The Trump administration did not push the request or punish them so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Ohio State team doctor sexually abused 177 students over decades, report finds​

Much of the report focused on how much school officials knew and whether anyone took appropriate actions to stop Strauss when concerns were raised.

"Many of the students felt that Strauss’ behavior was an ‘open secret,’ as it appeared to them that their coaches, trainers, and other team physicians were fully aware of Strauss’ activities, and yet few seemed inclined to do anything to stop it,” the report stated.

School officials never reported Strauss’s behavior to law enforcement.

“As we suspected from the outset, OSU knew but intentionally failed to act upon the many cries for help by the hundreds of OSU male students who suffered sexual abuse by Dr. Strauss,” said Scott E. Smith, an attorney representing victims who are suing the school. “The systemic sexual abuse, although preventable, was horrifically nurtured by OSU when they chose not to act, turning a blind eye to those they had a duty to protect.”

While some former Ohio State wrestlers have publicly said that Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) must have known about the abuse during Jordan’s tenure as an assistant wrestling coach from 1987 to 1995, the report doesn’t mention Jordan by name.

If Ray Epps is not a Fed, why wasnt he arrested for breaching barriers to the Capitol on J6?

Why is Ray Epps the only person the cult doesnt want arrested? Its like they love there were undercover Feds.

The Trump admin requesting tweets be taken down is not censorship.

Twitter could have listened or not listened. It wasn't censorship.
The Brandon DOJ asking Twitter not to permit certain comments to be posted at all is absolutely censorship.

Yea. Twitter wasn’t compelled to comply. But that doesn’t diminish the governments deliberate effort to chill free speech. It’s not like it was a mere request. They were politically-motivated requests made by the government premised on a foundation of bullshit.

How would Twitter be in a position to dispute the claims made to them by the DOJ or FBI? It could be construed as unpatriotic or worse not to have complied with the “requests.”

Requests are not censorship.

It is attempted censorship. You're splitting hairs and that usually is a sign of someone that is doing mental gymnastics in order to keep their foothold in a argument.

Successful or not isn't the issue, the issue is they were actively seeking to censor.

The Brandon DOJ asking Twitter not to permit certain comments to be posted at all is absolutely censorship.

Link.

Yea. Twitter wasn’t compelled to comply. But that doesn’t diminish the governments deliberate effort to chill free speech. It’s not like it was a mere request. They were politically-motivated requests made by the government premised on a foundation of bullshit.

So is your first sentence above true? Did the FBI under Biden "...not to permit certain comments" and if so please link.

How would Twitter be in a position to dispute the claims made to them by the DOJ or FBI? It could be construed as unpatriotic or worse not to have complied with the “requests.”
They needed dispute nothing. When the Trump admin requested they remove a post that offended Trump, they needed only do it or not. No dispute was needed.

It is attempted censorship. You're splitting hairs and that usually is a sign of someone that is doing mental gymnastics in order to keep their foothold in a argument.

I am not splitting hairs. Making a request is not censorship. Period. End of story.

It is you that is doing mental gymnastics to think a simple request is censorship.

Successful or not isn't the issue, the issue is they were actively seeking to censor.
So do you think Gym Jordan should subpoena Trump for his administration requesting that Twitter remove the tweet that offended Trump?

Forum List

Back