LIVE: Volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands

WEB EXTRA: Lava Destroys Homes On La Palma Island in Spain -​

Such a beautiful house too! wow! :omg:

Was watching it earlier. Wow is right. We've been watching the Iceland volcano ever since it started, but this one is way more intense.

Was watching it earlier. Wow is right. We've been watching the Iceland volcano ever since it started, but this one is way more intense.

I know! the volcano is sending lava hundreds of feet in the air! the power of this is unbelievable! :omg:

All the old models we've been seeing on PBS for a couple of decades predict the annihilation of the eastern seaboard.

I was just looking at maps and reports of the amount of earth moved when Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980. A hell of a lot of dirt!

Tsunamis are not produced by volcanic eruptions alone, if ever. It would require a major seismic even at the same time an explosive eruption was occurring. In other words, it is NOT happening.

Tsunamis are not produced by volcanic eruptions alone, if ever. It would require a major seismic even at the same time an explosive eruption was occurring. In other words, it is NOT happening.

We are not talking about tsunami now, Einstein....you are late that was yesterday

We are talking about the lava destroying houses now!

wakey wakey! :rolleyes:

Another video.

Authorities are asking people not to head to the eruption site to sightsee, the roads are jammed making evacuations difficult.

Normally that eruption would be pretty violent, andesitic volcanism has quite a bit of silica so lots of gas. This is a rather quiescent eruption, my guess is it's mainly basalt being deposited.

All the old models we've been seeing on PBS for a couple of decades predict the annihilation of the eastern seaboard.

I was just looking at maps and reports of the amount of earth moved when Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980. A hell of a lot of dirt!

About .9 cubic miles. The Long Valley Caldera eruption, 700,000 years ago where Mammoth ski resort is now erupted 600 cubic miles in a weeks time.

THAT was an eruption!

Gee, isn't it nice when some asshole comes into a perfectly good current events thread and shits all over it?

A latest report from the BBC ....my prayers go to all the families who are suffering this horror... probably everybody will have to leave the island...... the lava seems to be "unstoppable"

6 hours ago

La Palma volcano engulfs village minutes after residents flee their homes - BBC News​

Watching those people packing their belongings makes me wonder, what would you take?

My dog. The flag from my husband's military funeral. My jewelry.

Watching those people packing their belongings makes me wonder, what would you take?

My dog. The flag from my husband's military funeral. My jewelry.

My cat, a small box with old photos from my childhood, a few clothes...... one or two books that I love from my big collection.....would be a sad situation, difficult to even think about it.

My cat, a small box with old photos from my childhood, a few clothes...... one or two books that I love from my big collection.....would be a sad situation, difficult to even think about it.
Yes, indeed. Reminds me of how lucky I am.

A volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands, sending fountains of lava and a plume of smoke and ash into the air from the Cumbre Vieja national park in the south of the island.

happening now...

LIVE: Volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands​

Breaking news, earth does what earth does and locals act mystified....

Lol

Forum List

Back