CDZ Lindsey Graham Drops out of the race...unfortunate, but not unexpected...

Last edited by a moderator:
he at least, was qualified something trump can never be or say!
I would rather have a common joe in there honestly. At least our interests would be at least thought about..
you'll understand when I say that's the most fucking ignorant thing I've read today but it's early yet.
Why is it ignorant, exactly?
if it's not obvious to you then it never will be. :lmao::lmao:
so you cant explain?
I would think the experience as a common American would be the greatest qualification there is.. Then again, I dislike corporate America and their cronies. Maybe you don't.. whatever

Corporate = Globalisation = Evil.

Senator Graham announced today that he's ending his bid for the Presidency. Sorry to see him go for he is one of the Republicans for whom I have a good deal of respect and whom I think injected some good sense into the race. I cannot say I agree with all his policy preferences, but I can say that the idea of his being president doesn't give me pause.

LOL, damning with faint praise?

No. Perhaps it struck you as such, but that's not the intent I had in mind. I'm not a "damn with faint praise" sort of fellow. When I am of a mind to castigate or criticize someone, I'm direct about it, and neither the object of my remarks nor anyone privy to them will have to wonder whether I meant to do so. Unlike a lot of folks, politicians especially, I'm more than willing to "own my sh*t," so to speak.

My comment (in jest) was intended as an evaluation of Lindsay Graham's candidacy. No offense to you intended.

Understood. TY for the clarification.

BTW, I took no umbrage at your question/comment. I generally don't interpret questions that don't appear to be rhetorical as insulting, although on rare occasions, someone may ask a question that insults my intelligence, but the one you asked isn't one of that sort.

Graham has plenty of crazy ideas. They were just the wrong crazy ideas for the current batch of right wing nuts.

he at least, was qualified something trump can never be or say!
I would rather have a common joe in there honestly. At least our interests would be at least thought about..
you'll understand when I say that's the most fucking ignorant thing I've read today but it's early yet.

Wow... a retarded person calling others ignorant? :dunno:

Hey daws... The qualification to be president is winning 270 electoral votes. You can think he lacks the experience or wouldn't be a very good president... but the only qualification is winning 270 electoral votes.

Now you know.
coming from you that's fucking hilarious.
if that's the only necessary qualification, the concept is ignorant.

He has more intelligence than any three of the other GOP candidates combined, and he'd have made a worthy challenger to whomever the Democratic candidate is.

That the RNC was incapable of seeing that is to their detriment.

This is hilarious to me. First of all, if he has any intelligence he has done a terrific job of hiding it for many years. I don't think the man would know what side of an issue to be on if not for John McCain. And when you are following the wisdom of McCain you're not exactly knocking 'er outta the park.

I don't think the RNC was the problem. I think the RNC would have loved for Graham to be the GOP nominee. Or any number of other establishment dummies running. The problem is the voters don't want Graham. His poll numbers have been steady at 0%. This has a very detrimental effect on your fundraising, I would imagine. So the problem is not the RNC, but rather, the voters and money.

Intelligence doesn't necessarily equal aggressiveness, and what I meant was he's more intelligent than anyone else on that stage. Not the Best & the Brightest, IMO.

so you cant explain?
I would think the experience as a common American would be the greatest qualification there is.. Then again, I dislike corporate America and their cronies. Maybe you don't.. whatever
false !the obvious needs no explanation..
a vote for trump is a vote for corporate America, nothing like voting against your own self-interest.
You goddamn moron. He is running on protectionist policies. THINK
. Trump wrote in his 2011 book "Time to Get Tough" that the U.S. corporate tax should be reduced from 39 percent to zero.

We are the greatest country on planet Earth — the world's companies want to be here. A zero percent corporate tax would create an unprecedented jobs boom. Millions of jobs would materialize.”

Elimination of corporate income tax is part of Trump’s five-part tax proposal that includes lowering capital gains taxes.

Trump is not a straight talker as some writers have claimed, he is a monster without a conscience, a politician with a toxic set of policies. He is the product of a form of finance capitalism and a long legacy of racism and violence in which conscience is put to sleep, democracy withers, and public values are extinguished. This is truly a time of monsters and Trump is simply the most visible and certainly one of the most despicable.

Trump’s Embrace of Totalitarianism is America’s Dirty Little Secret

Donald Trump 2016: 7 Political Stances of GOP Presidential Hopeful

so you cant explain?
a vote for trump is a vote for corporate America, nothing like voting against your own self-interest.
. Trump wrote in his 2011 book "Time to Get Tough" that the U.S. corporate tax should be reduced from 39 percent to zero.

We are the greatest country on planet Earth — the world's companies want to be here. A zero percent corporate tax would create an unprecedented jobs boom. Millions of jobs would materialize.”

Elimination of corporate income tax is part of Trump’s five-part tax proposal that includes lowering capital gains taxes.

Trump is not a straight talker as some writers have claimed, he is a monster without a conscience, a politician with a toxic set of policies. He is the product of a form of finance capitalism and a long legacy of racism and violence in which conscience is put to sleep, democracy withers, and public values are extinguished. This is truly a time of monsters and Trump is simply the most visible and certainly one of the most despicable.

tick... tick... tick... tick... You know what that is? It's Trumps poll numbers! The more you post, the more you try to derail his candidacy, the more you yammer on incessantly... the stronger his poll numbers get. I know that must be frustrating for you. :itsok:

so you cant explain?

OMG LOL
Why don't you insert <tariffs>
Why don't you insert the rest of his policies?

coming from you that's fucking hilarious.
if that's the only necessary qualification, the concept is ignorant.

Well... aside from the usual qualifiers such as age and being a natural born citizen, that's really the only other qualification. A candidate must receive 270 electoral votes. You can believe that he's not suited to be president, that's your opinion and I'm sure many share it. But the qualifications are clear. Whether you think I am hilarious or you think the concept is dumb, really doesn't matter... the president doesn't require you to determine if he is qualified.

so you cant explain?

OMG LOL
no need if you can't see a scam when it's slapping you in the face ,you never will.

so you cant explain?

OMG LOL
no need if you can't see a scam when it's slapping you in the face ,you never will.
He is wanting to bring jobs BACK dumbass.
Why do you think the chamber of commerce hates him? SURELY you at least know what they are?
"corporations hate illegals and love tariffs" LMAO

OMG LOL
Why do you think the chamber of commerce hates him? SURELY you at least know what they are?
no, he says he does. you really need to learn the difference between fact and fiction..

OMG LOL
no, he says he does. you really need to learn the difference between fact and fiction..
he says what? Did you even read my post?

OMG LOL
yes I did him saying and wanting to do a certain thing in a campaign almost always never translates to reality.
as I said " you really need to learn the difference between fact and fiction"

Broken Campaign Promises: A History: Photos : DNews

OMG LOL
yes I did him saying and wanting to do a certain thing in a campaign almost always never translates to reality.

Since we cant go by what they want and say, what should we go by?

who are you trying to impress?

XXXXXXXXXXX I just though I would give you some education about how the process works since you didn't seem to know. Winning 270 electoral votes is all it takes to be qualified. Now, Trump hasn't qualified yet because he still needs to get 270 electoral votes. We will find out in November 2016 if he is qualified to be president. Anything now is just speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

qualifications for starters.

qualifications for starters.
like what?

Forum List

Back