Lindsey Graham and Other Republican Senators Avoid Endorsing Trump

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
It looks like the GOP Senate is finally growing a set. Nobody wants to hitch their caboose to the losing Trump train

Even his staunchest allies declined to offer an endorsement on Monday. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who has stood with Trump through thick and thin since his onetime rival became president, said, “let’s see what he says … I’ll tell you after Georgia.”

No, it is doubtful that Lindsey will. What is going to change “after Georgia”? Back to Politico:

South Dakota’s John Thune, the No. 2 Senate Republican, had no qualms on Monday about declaring he wouldn’t endorse Trump in a contested primary. Neither did Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), saying: “No. I’m sure I’ll support the nominee of the Republican Party, but I think there’s likely to be a competitive primary election.”

One of the reasons Trump’s base adores him is that he overcame overwhelming odds — including both party establishments — to win. The more Republican elites consolidate against him, the more otherwise persuadable Trump voters are going to remember why they loved him in the first place.

It looks like the GOP Senate is finally growing a set. Nobody wants to hitch their caboose to the losing Trump train

Even his staunchest allies declined to offer an endorsement on Monday. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who has stood with Trump through thick and thin since his onetime rival became president, said, “let’s see what he says … I’ll tell you after Georgia.”

No, it is doubtful that Lindsey will. What is going to change “after Georgia”? Back to Politico:

South Dakota’s John Thune, the No. 2 Senate Republican, had no qualms on Monday about declaring he wouldn’t endorse Trump in a contested primary. Neither did Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), saying: “No. I’m sure I’ll support the nominee of the Republican Party, but I think there’s likely to be a competitive primary election.”

Dude?!? Really? Quick search shows you're suddenly obsessed with Trump.

Let it play out.... you're not going to influence anyone

FFS the Presidential Election is 2 years off, everybody gotta do what Desantis said and just chill out for awhile.

Forum List

Back