Lincoln is an example of perfect following of the Constitution

Secession…..Because of Slavery
Economy…..Built on Slavery
States Rights…..A States right to allow slavery

It all came down to Slavery
Ask Confederate VP Stevens
The cause of secession was not the cause of the war.

Lincolns own words. Howboutdat?
He didnt give a damn about slavery. He was worried about the economy sinking during his regime. He offered the confederacy a fucking amendment to legalize slavery forever, FFS.
Folks, I am a Lincoln scholar, this is FALSE.
Now do the legwork and shame this ignorant asshole

Without secession there is no war
Secession because of Slavery
Pierce signed the kansas nebraska act which was going to expand slavery and get rid of the MO compromise. Lincoln told them he wasnt going to mess with slavery. He offered them slavery for life. They still seceded.
Even after the fact, he said if they came back, they could keep their slaves. They didnt. So the war continued.
The war was over money. The EP was over money. His tyranny was over money.
I would bet it would have never happened as long as the south kept giving the fed gov money, even as another country. "rent" so to speak.
The "war being over slavery" rhetoric ignores everything that happened.

Well, no. stephens is the answer to why you are wrong

The Cornerstone Speech is so called because Stephens used the word "cornerstone" to describe the "great truth" of white supremacy and black subordination upon which secession and the Confederacy were based:

Our new government['s]...foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth

He rejected the founding documents of the US so he was in rebellion

Folks, I am a Lincoln scholar, this is FALSE.
Now do the legwork and shame this ignorant asshole

"I have no purpose, directly or in-directly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so,"

“I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution—which amendment, however, I have not seen—has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service ... holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable.”

What a shitty scholar you are :lol:

Pierce signed the kansas nebraska act which was going to expand slavery and get rid of the MO compromise. Lincoln told them he wasnt going to mess with slavery. He offered them slavery for life. They still seceded.
Even after the fact, he said if they came back, they could keep their slaves. They didnt. So the war continued.
The war was over money. The EP was over money. His tyranny was over money.
I would bet it would have never happened as long as the south kept giving the fed gov money, even as another country. "rent" so to speak.
The "war being over slavery" rhetoric ignores everything that happened.
Looks like they blew it
Slavery ended in four years because of Southern Hotheads

No secession/no war

What happened to all these records you had? Now it's just your interpretation of Lincoln's words? And who gives a shit about that? I don't. I never argued Lincoln gave a shit about the slaves. The South sure did though and they were done trusting the North with what they thought was their God given right to human chattel. The left the Union over slavery and you can argue whatever the fuck you want about Lincolns motives for war but there would of been no war if the South hadn't left the Union to protect the institution of slavery.
:oops:

Oh I love Reagan. For you. I can say with all sincerity that him convincing poor and middle class whites to enjoy being trickled on by sugar daddies is the sort of out the box kink indoctrination that the progressive left needs to be doing. :laugh:
Here's some light reading to try to steer you towards the truth:

That doesnt exist.
Calling people that want to regress society isnt "progressive"
Add this to the list of things you misrepresent.
Why do you think I care about your opinion on this that you decided to share it with me?

Forum List

Back