Lightning that looks like a tree.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This could be ground to cloud lightning, but it sure looks cool!
107545135_3397652910245010_8486412930436830546_n.jpg

When I was a kid, I was looking out of the picture window at my Dad, who just arrived home from work. He was about 10 feet away from the house. He got out of the car and there was a deafening crack. Everything went white. A second later I could see out of the window again, there was my dad, cool as a cucumber, brushing wood chips out of his hair. A bolt of lightening struck a cherry tree between him and the house and arced over to the garage and cracked several bricks on the house. He was about 2 feet from dead. Way to close for comfort...

When I was a kid, I was looking out of the picture window at my Dad, who just arrived home from work. He was about 10 feet away from the house. He got out of the car and there was a deafening crack. Everything went white. A second later I could see out of the window again, there was my dad, cool as a cucumber, brushing wood chips out of his hair. A bolt of lightening struck a cherry tree between him and the house and arced over to the garage and cracked several bricks on the house. He was about 2 feet from dead. Way to close for comfort...
That's scary stuff. When I was a kid, our house was struck by lighting. We had really tall trees in the back yard. The lightning struck the tallest tree and then hit our brick chimney blowing it onto the front lawn.

Forum List

Back