Lewiston, Maine: Muslims Demand Mayor's Resignation for Asking Them to Assimilate

Did they beat people up and steal their money?

The Irish sure did. The Irish brought organized crime to this country long, LONG before the Mafia stole their thunder. Do a little research on the subject of Irish gangs. They were murderous thugs.
Okay. Doesn't really matter to me.

But I'll bet Bode believes criminals are being unfairly criticized, no matter their origin.

How much you want to bet? Or will you be Daving some more about this?

The Irish sure did. The Irish brought organized crime to this country long, LONG before the Mafia stole their thunder. Do a little research on the subject of Irish gangs. They were murderous thugs.

But I'll bet Bode believes criminals are being unfairly criticized, no matter their origin.

Liberals always believe that the criminals are innocent victims of an unfair society. The real guilty parties are those individuals who are going about their daily lives denying the criminal of some perceived right or other.

Many did....some of the Irish areas of NYC (5 Corners) were some of the most crime-ridden areas in the United States.

And let's not even talk about the Italians......:eusa_whistle:
So...did you have a point?

Yes...that what is old is new again. That you sound just like the Know Nothings of the mid to late 1800s.......and the term "Know Nothings" is very apt for the likes of you.

"The Micks are nothing more than a bunch of brawling drunkards, lazy as the day is long, but expecting a banker's wages.

The Wops are every bit as bad, their food smells as bad as they do, they're quite arrogant.

Both groups breed like rabbits, they're dishonest and untrustworthy, and they're tying to make their phony religion dominant over ours."

This is how "patriotic" Americans saw the Irish and Italian immigrants.
"'Patriotic' Americans"?

Of course, you have corroboration...?

Did you notice I put "patriotic" in quotation marks? It was a sign of sarcasm. There was a great deal of prejudice against Irish and Italian immigrants. They were accused of every evil under the sun - and they were exploited and badly treated by those hurling the loudest insults.

Why are people accusing the Somali's of Lewiston for not assimilating into their town and American culture?

They have only been here 10 years or less.

Yet they have opened businesses and restaurants, stimulated the dead town's economy, ran for public office and voted, dramatically increased university enrollment, and many have become citizens.

How is this not assimilating?? :cool:

Well if they are....Why are they butt hurt over the remark...

The most common reason would be guilt...........
Guilt about what? :cool:

This also reminds me of the Vietnamese boat people moving to the Gulf Coast in the 70s. They were not welcomed, they were accused of not assimulating, their religion was weird and didn't fit, they were accused of cheating when it came to shrimping. Is this still a problem today?

Why are people accusing the Somali's of Lewiston for not assimilating into their town and American culture?

They have only been here 10 years or less.

Yet they have opened businesses and restaurants, stimulated the dead town's economy, ran for public office and voted, dramatically increased university enrollment, and many have become citizens.

How is this not assimilating?? :cool:

Well if they are....Why are they butt hurt over the remark...

The most common reason would be guilt...........
Guilt about what? :cool:

Damn do I need to hold your hand.

Assimilation. They are obviously butt hurt over the remark. Many of us are very used to fake outrage.

Play it again Sam.........

Did the Vietnamese demand the resignation of anyone who said they should assimilate?

How much you want to bet? Or will you be Daving some more about this?
I can admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong here. My apologies.

Many did....some of the Irish areas of NYC (5 Corners) were some of the most crime-ridden areas in the United States.

And let's not even talk about the Italians......:eusa_whistle:
So...did you have a point?

Yes...that what is old is new again. That you sound just like the Know Nothings of the mid to late 1800s.......and the term "Know Nothings" is very apt for the likes of you.
Of course, if I agreed with everything you'd say, I'd be a smart guy, wouldn't I?

:lmao:

"The Micks are nothing more than a bunch of brawling drunkards, lazy as the day is long, but expecting a banker's wages.

The Wops are every bit as bad, their food smells as bad as they do, they're quite arrogant.

Both groups breed like rabbits, they're dishonest and untrustworthy, and they're tying to make their phony religion dominant over ours."

This is how "patriotic" Americans saw the Irish and Italian immigrants.
"'Patriotic' Americans"?

Did you notice I put "patriotic" in quotation marks? It was a sign of sarcasm. There was a great deal of prejudice against Irish and Italian immigrants. They were accused of every evil under the sun - and they were exploited and badly treated by those hurling the loudest insults.
No question. What does this have to do with Lewiston? Do you deny there are immigrants breaking the law?

"'Patriotic' Americans"?

No question. What does this have to do with Lewiston? Do you deny there are immigrants breaking the law?

Immigrants break the law...get caught and punished.....Natives break the law...get caught and punished.

What is the point? That only immigrants break the law?

Immigrants break the law...get caught and punished.....Natives break the law...get caught and punished.

What is the point? That only immigrants break the law?
Did I say that?

Hint: No.

FIrst generation hangs onto their Home country ways....2nd generation is between...3rd generation totally Americanized.

really.....? seems to me that Muslims are very strict in their enforcement of Islamic law.....

note that Islam is more than just a religion.....it is a socio-politico organization as well....which is anti-American in nature and is being spread intentionally in our country...

or else why is one of the leading Muslim organizations in America.....CAIR.....promoting Sharia law....in America....?

Forum List

Back