Let's put Electric Vehicles into context

They estimate that mankind pumps out 43 billion tons of co2 per year. Of this, 30% is down to transportation. So that's 12.9 billion tons, but 87% of this is due to vehicles. So that's 11.22 billion tons. As the co2 cost of production of an EV is greater than you think and depending on battery size, over the lifetime of the vehicle, you can reduce the co2 v an ICE vehicle by 25% to 50%. So let's take the average of 37.5%.

So 37.5% of 11.22 billion tons is 4.2 billion tons

So that's it, all this fantastic hype that changing your car to electric in order to save the planet, equates to 4.2 billion tons.

And the alarmists that scream at you are busy pumping out co2 themselves. So this EV farce is approx 10% of their dilemma.
I was thinking the democrats want us all to return to the horse and buggy, but then, horses produce carbon emissions.

It is already happening with GM, Ford making major transitions by the end of the decade.
Most public transportation is already going electric
Yes, but thankfully, my vehicles are not and my new ones will last me my lifetime. As you gullibly take up the ev challenge, something much more useful will surpass them.

Yes, but thankfully, my vehicles are not and my new ones will last me my lifetime. As you gullibly take up the ev challenge, something much more useful will surpass them.
The rest of the world is moving on without you

And are you you banking on every country changing to EV's? So the figures are even less.

I like to see you get the owners of an ICE vehicle in a third world country to buy a Tesla. Cloud cuckoo land springs to mind.

I'm not banking on anything. I'm simply stating facts.

Pretty irrelevant.
Not at all. Alarmists feel everyone works in an office, 9 to 5, Monday to Friday and has a large detached home with a garage to charge a car.

Unfortunately for you, people work different jobs, in different ways, at different times with different belongings and park in different places. So the majority don't fit into the Utopian dream world of the alarmists.

So if I went to work in a Tesla to build a house, can you tell me how that pans out in your world? Doesn't seem to match reality?

If you wanted building work done on your house, are you expecting the tradesmen to turn up in Tesla's? Can you see how fucked up you are??

Not at all. Alarmists feel everyone works in an office, 9 to 5, Monday to Friday and has a large detached home with a garage to charge a car.

Unfortunately for you, people work different jobs, in different ways, at different times with different belongings and park in different places. So the majority don't fit into the Utopian dream world of the alarmists.

So if I went to work in a Tesla to build a house, can you tell me how that pans out in your world? Doesn't seem to match reality?

If you wanted building work done on your house, are you expecting the tradesmen to turn up in Tesla's? Can you see how fucked up you are??

Your lumping everyone into your vast generalization box does not interest me. No one is asking you to haul bricks to a construction site in an electric car so your example is worthless.

Your lumping everyone into your vast generalization box does not interest me. No one is asking you to haul bricks to a construction site in an electric car so your example is worthless.
Hang on Muppet, the alarmists lump everyone together being able to buy and run a Tesla.

So which ev should I fix my trailer to carrying a 1.8t digger and pallet of bricks?

Hang on Muppet, the alarmists lump everyone together being able to buy and run a Tesla.

So which ev should I fix my trailer to carrying a 1.8t digger and pallet of bricks?

Nobody claims you can. You've allowed your brain to run off with your totally made up imaginary scenarios.

Hey pknopp , out of the 4.2 billion tons of ev co2 you're gonna save, how much of that will be wiped out but the manufacturing of the infrastructure to charge cars? Has that concept ever tickled your brain cells?

Hey pknopp , out of the 4.2 billion tons of ev co2 you're gonna save, how much of that will be wiped out but the manufacturing of the infrastructure to charge cars? Has that concept ever tickled your brain cells?

No idea. I'm not all that concerned.

Forum List

Back