Let me try

luchitociencia

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2019
I wrote this fiction story based in real life character. This was many years ago.

Here is the translation of it in English.

The events happened in a third world country, in a cosmopolitan city first and in a far away rural town later. I have changed the currency by the substitute "bucks", the name of streets or locations being changed as well, but the essence of the story remains.

This story in its original language has been shared by lots of readers when was posted in social networks were writers have their own forum.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The early horns of the city traffic were the rooster crowing morning ridge that awakened Rogaciano. He then sat looking at his skinny legs and long bony feet. He gave a smell at the socks he used the day before and without doubts he decided to replace them by clean ones to start the new day.

From the roof of the building where he slept temporarily, he removed the mattress and hid it inside a room under the water tank that fed the three floors of the property. After he fixed up himself, he went well dressed into his daily work.

He took the bus at random and slept in his seat for a while, enjoying the Spring breeze that filled his sweat glued skin with freshness every time the bus door was opened. He woke up when the vehicle stopped at the intersection with Del Dante Street. Then he walked to the farmers market.

While being over there, he stared at the vegetable, fruit, and meat stands. With his wolfed green eyes he sought to hide with his Ray Ban glasses, he stood like a soldier in front of the establishment of the meat stand. And he waited patiently right there without saying anything.

It was about ten o'clock in that warm morning when a woman asked for a kilo of loin meat. When the butcher started the cuts, the female client went mad at him and started her complains arguing that she was being given pure tallow. Screaming very angry she claimed she asked for top loin meat but the butcher wants to sell her fatty chuck instead, and the mad barking between the attendant and the client spilled sulfurous saliva.

-Stop! What's going on over there?!

The discussion took a sudden break and both contingents turned their faces to see the tall and thin figure in front of them, who was showing his police budge with straight and firm hand, and whom immediately approached the seller with direct and solid authority.

-Follow me-. And they both went aside to an empty area.

At about one o'clock in that afternoon, Rogaciano climbed a neighboring wall, walked through the roofs and walked into his house through an open window. It was quite a feat because he carried a bag with three kilos of meat, plus lots of vegetables and bread.

-Hello, honey.

-Police came yesterday again. They're still looking for you. Why you just don't give them back what you took from them so they finally might leave you alone?

-You know the game, darling... let them suffer a little more.

She served him a good chicken soup.

Rogaciano turned On the TV and started watching the soap opera.

He finished watching two more chapters of his favorite shows, and after bathing and changing his suit, he went out thru the same window, reaching the street juggling as an expert, and singing very campy at the moment of taking another bus, he took direction on a fixed destiny at this time.

As soon as he got off the bus, he prowled around the place until he found a sexagenarian who was sitting at the front door of his house.

-Good afternoon.

-Greetings.

-Hey, excuse me but...ah...are you busy? Would you like to make a hundred bucks in just one hour?

-Of course, where is the robbery?

-None of that. The foreman in my company is sick and I need someone to take some measurements. This is in a building with about twenty offices. Do you know how to use a tape measure?

-Sure, of course I do.

-OK. then. Listen, I will indicate you where you will take the measurements and you will write them in this notebook. It's very simple.

The old man accepted and he followed him for several blocks. When they finally reached the factory, Rogaciano went straight to the receptionist and took out his fake business card asking for the manager.

After meeting with him, the three of them went to the maintenance department to encounter with the supervisor, and the four of them went visiting office by office all over the building. Rogaciano told the old man to start taking measurements from walls to desks, and the other made several grotesque pirouettes faking he was seriously measuring properly the distances.

The green-eyes contractor promised that the installation of the telephone cables would start next week as long as the company gives him an advance of five thousand bucks in cash to cover the initial fee.

They went to the finance department and warmly smiling over there they gave him the money. It was a contract from which at the end, the manager and the maintenance supervisor would take for themselves a cut of a thousand bucks each, just for making the first payment in cash and the rest of payments with the company's checks.

On the way out, Rogaciano and his disciple walked going in an opposite direction to the old man's house and a few blocks away he gave him the promised hundred bucks.

Then, Rogaciano returned to his house as usual, climbing a neighbor's wall, walking between the roofs and through the always open window on the second floor of his house.

He sat on the sofa with his younger girl on his lap, whom instead of watching television she did prefer being playing with the unshaven face of her dad. She fell asleep when she was softly rubbing the left ear of her dad.

Having the little girl in her bed, he started drinking with his wife celebrating his last contract, and inadvertently he got drunk and she seduced him to sleep with her on that night.

Before his neighbor, the rapper, had the chance to turn on his radio at high volume as usual everyday early in the mornings, several police cars quietly circled the entire block. After being distributed the police officers in strategic locations, the police chief with his megaphone woke everyone up with his song.

-Rogaciano! I know you're there! Come out with your hands up!

Very quiet, Rogaciano caressed his wife very tenderly and they played for a while under the bed sheets, until she got serious and told him he better get dressed.

He washed himself and put on another suit, the black color suit at this time. Well polished shoes, well combed, its unmistakably Italian aristocratic appearance, he put one thousand bucks inside a plastic bag, the police badge in the pocket of the suit, and when he opened the door of his house there were four well armed police officers already waiting for him.

With great respect they accompanied him to one of the police cars and a few seconds later they all left the neighborhood. Rather than going to the police station, they went to the building where Rogaciano found his temporary shelter. They let him go up alone, and when he came down, he brought them five plastic bags full with money.

The police cars went back on the march heading off course.

That night, at the police station, inside a cell, the sheriff approached and scolded him. He got a record of all the scams he'd done since he was discharged as a police officer because his crooked behavior. It was a long list of several complaints. The last of them was from the previous day where a wine producer company claims that they gave him ten thousand bucks in cash as down payment for the installation of telephones, an installation that the communications company mentioned in the contract denies having initiated any arrangement with them.

-Ten thousand? -Rogaciano showed a face of surprise, disbelief and mockery.

-Whatever. The complaint exists and many people are asking for you everywhere right now. I'm tired of you. I appreciate you have returning to us our cut of the money we've cheated on the drug dealers, but there's already a lot of people looking for you. You'll be transferred tonight. No more delays. Tonight!

Two days later, a tourist arrived in his late model rental car and went shopping at the farmer's market in a quiet county beyond the mountains. As a recently visitor and curious tourist, he asked to be given a kilo of paiche. The attendant noticed the typical foreign face of the stranger and with the intentions of taking advantage of the other, he began to clean up the scales of a piranha instead. The green-eyed tourist got angry and cursed and insulted the seller up to the third generation of his mother's side. The merchant who was short tempered insulted back the tourist and jumped across the counter with a knife in his hand.

-Stop! What's going on over there?!

The tourist and the merchant turned their faces looking for the direction of that voice of command and they saw the tall, lean figure, who took off his aviator glasses, and his impenetrable green eyes shone when his stretched and firm hand showed them the usual police badge.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back