Zone1 Leftists object to (possible) selection of James Bond actor because….

My dad fought the Germans at Normandy and the Bulge.

Here's the thing, A lot of what we did in WWII was unnecessary, such as bombing Japan when they were seeking a surrender. Instead of having a strong Japan to counterbalance Russia and China, we are stuck with a weak Japan that we are STILL defending 80 years later.

But in WWII, we had clearly stated goals and objectives.

What is the Zionist Entity's objective here? To Crush Hamas? They've only made it stronger. At some point, they are going to have to withdraw from Gaza, and Hamas will be back in charge.
There you go. You just made my point.

Israel’s objective is to be left alone to live in peace without “Palestinians” constantly launching bombardment rockets at its civilians and attacking them with rifles, pistols, knives, rocks and suicide bombs.

There you go. You just made my point.

Israel’s objective is to be left alone to live in peace without “Palestinians” constantly launching bombardment rockets at its civilians and attacking them with rifles, pistols, knives, rocks and suicide bombs.
So exterminate them..then the Zionists get all the land.

P.S. Bet you would have told Jews who were forced to walk in the dirty curbs in Germany to stop overreacting, too.
Kind of sounds like you are projecting here. My own posting history pretty much makes your claim a lie.
But it’s the JEWS who are being accused of genocide.
A lot of groups/nations get accused of genocide in various conflicts. ISRAEL is being accused. ISRAEL is a nation, not “the Jews” who are a religious/ethnic group spread out across the world, This CONFLICT is old, has never been resolved and is as much about territory as it is about religion.

Being accused of genocide. Doesn’t mean it is genocide. Time and investigations will make that determination.

But nice attempt to try to show that there’s no extreme, targeted hate against Jews compared to those other groups. No Americans are chanting Death to Blacks.,,,or Death to Mexicans….etc.
A couple of problem’s with your claim. First, that I claim there hasn’t been an increase in antisemitic hate, there has and I have discussed that in other conversations. The second is there is no call exterminate Jews (at least not in those protests*).

You make it sound like there are hordes of protestors around the country chanting “death to Jews”…something no decent person would condone…but are there?

I googled it, easy enough. It is a false claim, spread virally on social media AND condemned as false including by multiple Jewish groups.

But the anti-Israel chants heard during the pro-Palestine rallies are being misquoted, Jewish and Palestinian groups say.

The protestors are actually chanting, “Israel, Israel, you can’t hide: We charge you with genocide,” the Anti-Defamation League, which frequently speaks out against anti-Semitism and extremism, confirmed in an email Tuesday.

Dan Gold, who heads Hillel UCLA, a major Jewish organization on campus, noted his organization has called out the rally for its harmful rhetoric in its public statements.

But he personally observed the protest and confirmed there was no direct call to exterminate Jews.

And the end result? In combination with conflating Hamas with all Palestinians, it represents a concerted effort to curtail free speech and intimidate those who either oppose Israel’s actions in Gaza or support Palestinian rights. The downside of this is that pushing false claims redirects attention from real acts of antisemitic hate and casts doubt on them. Kind of like false claims of hate crimes such as Jusse Smollett do with racism.

So, now that we are clear that no one (at least in these protests is calling to exterminate the Jews, how about we focus on what can actually be verified?

While 2022 showed a decrease in violent crime, it also showed an increase in hate crimes.

Hate crime incidents also increased, according to the FBI’s data.

Over 11,634 hate crime incidents were reported in 2022, compared with 10,840 the previous year.

A majority of hate crimes targeted Black people, with 51.9% of hate crime victims targeted due to “anti-Black or African American bias”, the report said.

The 2022 data also showed a sharp increase in anti-Hispanic bias.

There were also an increasing number of hate crimes against LGBTQ+ individuals, with 1,947 hate crime incidents in 2022 targeting an individual in relation to their sexual orientation, versus 1,711 the year before.

Following 10/7, Hamas’ attack on Israel, there was much more extreme rise in hate crimes against specific groups on top of the ongoing increase.

US-based advocacy groups are reporting a sustained spike in hate incidents against Jewish and Muslim individuals since the outbreak of war between Israel and Hamas. The Anti-Defamation League found that in the eight weeks since the Oct. 7 Hamas attack, antisemitic incidents in the US increased 337%, according to data shared with CNN.

The ADL cited 2,031 antisemitic incidents between October 7 and December 7, 1,411 of which were linked to the fighting in Israel and Gaza and 400 of which occurred on college and university campuses. By comparison, there were 465 incidents over the same time frame in 2022.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations also reported an increase in Islamophobic incidents. Between October 7 and December 2, CAIR recorded a 2,171 reports of bias or requests for help — 172% more than the 2022 two-month average.

Jews, Palestinians and Muslims in the US told CNN they’re experiencing a growing fearabout bigotry and hatred in the wake of the Hamas attack.

But the recent uptick from the war is part of a years-long rise in hate crimes in the US, according to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. FBI data released in October shows hate crimes in the US are the highest since collection began in 1991.

So that is the backdrop. My question to you is: why do you insist on marginalizing these Things when it comes to other groups…particularly when it has included to horrid killings in every targeted group?
ONLY against the Jews. And you downplay it.

Nope. See above.

By the way, you told me I was faking or exaggerating outrage over the calls of “Deaths to Jews” on liberal college campuses, and their presidents unwilling to condemn it. You said I was trying to silence free speech by overreacting to the Nazi-era calls.
Given that no one was calling for death to Jews, are you trying to restrict free speech? Who‘s speech is allowed in LisaLand?

Did you tell the black OP who reported of the racism at the hotel in Idaho that she was overreacting? No, of course not. You are infuriated by racism reported by a black, but accuse a Jew who reports calls of “Death to Jews!” of overreacting.
You’ve got a big chip on your shoulder when it comes certain Black individuals here. I suggest you take up with them and not put me in the middle. When it comes to hyping false claims, that might be considered overreacting.

Kind of sounds like you are projecting here. My own posting history pretty much makes your claim a lie.

A lot of groups/nations get accused of genocide in various conflicts. ISRAEL is being accused. ISRAEL is a nation, not “the Jews” who are a religious/ethnic group spread out across the world, This CONFLICT is old, has never been resolved and is as much about territory as it is about religion.

Being accused of genocide. Doesn’t mean it is genocide. Time and investigations will make that determination.

A couple of problem’s with your claim. First, that I claim there hasn’t been an increase in antisemitic hate, there has and I have discussed that in other conversations. The second is there is no call exterminate Jews (at least not in those protests*).

You make it sound like there are hordes of protestors around the country chanting “death to Jews”…something no decent person would condone…but are there?

I googled it, easy enough. It is a false claim, spread virally on social media AND condemned as false including by multiple Jewish groups.

But the anti-Israel chants heard during the pro-Palestine rallies are being misquoted, Jewish and Palestinian groups say.

The protestors are actually chanting, “Israel, Israel, you can’t hide: We charge you with genocide,” the Anti-Defamation League, which frequently speaks out against anti-Semitism and extremism, confirmed in an email Tuesday.

Dan Gold, who heads Hillel UCLA, a major Jewish organization on campus, noted his organization has called out the rally for its harmful rhetoric in its public statements.

But he personally observed the protest and confirmed there was no direct call to exterminate Jews.

And the end result? In combination with conflating Hamas with all Palestinians, it represents a concerted effort to curtail free speech and intimidate those who either oppose Israel’s actions in Gaza or support Palestinian rights. The downside of this is that pushing false claims redirects attention from real acts of antisemitic hate and casts doubt on them. Kind of like false claims of hate crimes such as Jusse Smollett do with racism.

So, now that we are clear that no one (at least in these protests is calling to exterminate the Jews, how about we focus on what can actually be verified?

While 2022 showed a decrease in violent crime, it also showed an increase in hate crimes.

Hate crime incidents also increased, according to the FBI’s data.

Over 11,634 hate crime incidents were reported in 2022, compared with 10,840 the previous year.

A majority of hate crimes targeted Black people, with 51.9% of hate crime victims targeted due to “anti-Black or African American bias”, the report said.

The 2022 data also showed a sharp increase in anti-Hispanic bias.

There were also an increasing number of hate crimes against LGBTQ+ individuals, with 1,947 hate crime incidents in 2022 targeting an individual in relation to their sexual orientation, versus 1,711 the year before.

Following 10/7, Hamas’ attack on Israel, there was much more extreme rise in hate crimes against specific groups on top of the ongoing increase.

US-based advocacy groups are reporting a sustained spike in hate incidents against Jewish and Muslim individuals since the outbreak of war between Israel and Hamas. The Anti-Defamation League found that in the eight weeks since the Oct. 7 Hamas attack, antisemitic incidents in the US increased 337%, according to data shared with CNN.

The ADL cited 2,031 antisemitic incidents between October 7 and December 7, 1,411 of which were linked to the fighting in Israel and Gaza and 400 of which occurred on college and university campuses. By comparison, there were 465 incidents over the same time frame in 2022.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations also reported an increase in Islamophobic incidents. Between October 7 and December 2, CAIR recorded a 2,171 reports of bias or requests for help — 172% more than the 2022 two-month average.

Jews, Palestinians and Muslims in the US told CNN they’re experiencing a growing fearabout bigotry and hatred in the wake of the Hamas attack.

But the recent uptick from the war is part of a years-long rise in hate crimes in the US, according to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. FBI data released in October shows hate crimes in the US are the highest since collection began in 1991.

So that is the backdrop. My question to you is: why do you insist on marginalizing these Things when it comes to other groups…particularly when it has included to horrid killings in every targeted group?

Nope. See above.

Given that no one was calling for death to Jews, are you trying to restrict free speech? Who‘s speech is allowed in LisaLand?

You’ve got a big chip on your shoulder when it comes certain Black individuals here. I suggest you take up with them and not put me in the middle. When it comes to hyping false claims, that might be considered overreacting.
That was way too long to read. So whatever.

All I ask is that when you say I am faking outrage and overreacting by expressing concern about the liberals chanting “Death to Jews” that you be “equitable” and tell the black poster who expressed concern about the racists at the Idaho hotel that she is overreacting as well.

That was way too long to read. So whatever.

All I ask is that when you say I am faking outrage and overreacting by expressing concern about the liberals chanting “Death to Jews” that you be “equitable” and tell the black poster who expressed concern about the racists at the Idaho hotel that she is overreacting as well.
If you had read my post, you would have realized that the claim they were chanting “death to Jews” was false, so yes, you are overreacting (just like other’s overreacted to Jusse Smolletts claims before realizing they were fake).

If you had read my post, you would have realized that the claim they were chanting “death to Jews” was false, so yes, you are overreacting (just like other’s overreacted to Jusse Smolletts claims before realizing they were fake).
Oh for gd’s sake. They were chanting “Death to Jews!” In Loudoun County, right near that libtard high school with the transgender rapist.

You exaggerate racism, and deny the Nazi-level hate toward Jews.

Oh for gd’s sake. They were chanting “Death to Jews!” In Loudoun County, right near that libtard high school with the transgender rapist.

Link?

You exaggerate racism, and deny the Nazi-level hate toward Jews.
I exaggerated nothing nor am I denying a substantial increase in antisemitism. I posted excerpts from articles that took data from FBI reports. How is that “exaggerating”?

OK, here’s a conservative media willing to report it:

Report what? An increase in antisemitiam on college campus’? Lots of individual accounts and legitimate complaints. Here is a shocker: I’ve been reading about this…in ”liberal” media such as NPR…it is willingly reported in multiple sources and supports what I said. However…no protests of “death to the Jews”.

So I’m curious. Why are you marginalizing or denying the increase in hate towards other groups we are seeing? Seems to me we should be sticking together to combat hate (without compromising free speech - handle it like with the Westbrook Baptists)?

What would be a way of reducing antisemitism on college campuses while still encouraging the discussion difficult and complex topics?

Report what? An increase in antisemitiam on college campus’? Lots of individual accounts and legitimate complaints. Here is a shocker: I’ve been reading about this…in ”liberal” media such as NPR…it is willingly reported in multiple sources and supports what I said. However…no protests of “death to the Jews”.

So I’m curious. Why are you marginalizing or denying the increase in hate towards other groups we are seeing? Seems to me we should be sticking together to combat hate (without compromising free speech - handle it like with the Westbrook Baptists)?

What would be a way of reducing antisemitism on college campuses while still encouraging the discussion difficult and complex topics?
I just linked to an article.…
post #148.

1) And if there aren’t any calls to kill Jews on liberal universities, why were the three lib presidents called to Congress, asked to condemn the calls to genocide Jews being shouted on their campuses, and they refused? They said in some contexts it’s OK.

2) And why can’t we focus on the hate skyrocketing toward Jews? No other group is on the receiving end of death chants! When you keep insisting on saying….well, there’s hate toward other groups, too, aren’t you diminishing the hate toward Jews?

3) After all, that was the insistence about Black Lives Matter. if anyone suggested that Mexican Lives Matter, or Jewish Lives Matter, or Gd-forbid White Lives Matter, the libs came out on the attack insisting this was to be focused on blacks and only blacks, and anyone who says other is…..you guessed it…..a racist.

So why do libs like yourself defend the right of blacks to focus solely on racism, but don’t allow Jews to focus solely on antisemitism.

Your double standards are all over the place.

Regardless of whether that’s true, what does that have to do with antisemites bitching about a Jew playing James Bond?

(Attack the messenger…..)

Except the only person I hear complaining about it is.... you.

While I would be perfectly fine with less Jews in Hollywood, the reason why Hollywood probably won't cast a Jew to play Bond (besides him being a very ENGLISH character) is because they have to sell this movie in Europe and Asia... and the world feels like this...

1711751695755.png

I just linked to an article.…
post #148.

1) And if there aren’t any calls to kill Jews on liberal universities, why were the three lib presidents called to Congress, asked to condemn the calls to genocide Jews being shouted on their campuses, and they refused? They said in some contexts it’s OK.

2) And why can’t we focus on the hate skyrocketing toward Jews? No other group is on the receiving end of death chants! When you keep insisting on saying….well, there’s hate toward other groups, too, aren’t you diminishing the hate toward Jews?

3) After all, that was the insistence about Black Lives Matter. if anyone suggested that Mexican Lives Matter, or Jewish Lives Matter, or Gd-forbid White Lives Matter, the libs came out on the attack insisting this was to be focused on blacks and only blacks, and anyone who says other is…..you guessed it…..a racist.

So why do libs like yourself defend the right of blacks to focus solely on racism, but don’t allow Jews to focus solely on antisemitism.

Your double standards are all over the place.
Stop killing Palestinian babies, then people won't hate you.

None of the various Arab states will take them and they refuse to live in peace with the Israelis, what is your solution?

There are Palestinians in every Arab country.

I think the Israelis should just kill them all so they can have all the land and build condos in Gaza.

Except the only person I hear complaining about it is.... you.

While I would be perfectly fine with less Jews in Hollywood, the reason why Hollywood probably won't cast a Jew to play Bond (besides him being a very ENGLISH character) is because they have to sell this movie in Europe and Asia... and the world feels like this...

I don’t believe Bond movies are made in Hollywood. Unless I’m mistaken they are strictly British productions.

Thanks. I can’t help notice that the leftists on this forum are somehow ignoring that these disgusting Jew-haters are from the Left - and are turning it around to blame conservatives.

Also unbelievable.
WTF are you blabbering about now.
Dear Lord.

Stop killing Palestinian babies, then people won't hate you.
Stop torturing Jewish babies and sawing off their heads and setting Jewish toddlers on fire, and raping Jewish women to death, and parading their dead bodies around like trophies. What those Muslim savages did was subhuman, and Jews don’t behave like that.

No moral equivalency, and that’s why the majority of Americans are on Israel’s side.

WTF are you blabbering about now.
Dear Lord.

That again?! It was a handful of people six years ago. ONE event. The fact that you libs keep coming up with that single event from the last decade shows how rare it is, from the right.

In the meantime, the sharp rise in antisemitism - nearing Nazi levels - is coming from the Left. Jewish students at liberal universities are afraid to walk to class, and my shul now has armed military (retired) standing at post.

Forum List

Back