Leftist Starbucks opens its first cashierless coffee shop

I actually don't have a problem with that. For example, I live within a couple of blocks where Walmart was founded but often I will stop by another grocery store because they have the ice cream that I want [ice cream, nectar of the gods]. Every time I go to this smaller chain, I am frustrated that they don't provide a self checkout.
Why?
It takes longer to sit in a line and have to have pointless banter with the cashier knowing that I could have been home by the time I finally check out.
The Walmart by my house [across the street from where Walmart was founded], has usually 1-2 checkers and 10 self checkout. Walmart Number 1 will have around the same ratio.

Wow, how much longer until everything else there is done by a robot?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That’s what always happens when labor prices itself out of the market. It either gets replaced or the employer closes the doors and moves elsewhere..

What happens when the computers are down? It could happen. It WILL happen. It's happened before. How will you get through one of 30 self checkouts or 2 cashier run lanes. They'll be helpless.

Did you know they are watching you as you go through the self checkouts. That ugly little alien looking head and eye right about you. they have plenty of people to sit there spying on you, taping you, but they can't have cashiers manning the lanes.

what happens when the computers are down? It could happen. It WILL happen. It's happened before. How will you get through one of 30 self checkouts or 2 cashier run lanes. They'll be helpless.
Hint: it is all computer controlled be it with a human or self checkout.

exactly. Are they prepared for the inevitable when they can't depend on a computer to record a sale and especially tell them how much change to give back to the few people who still use cash occasionally?

I don't like Starbucks anyway. Their staff are always douchey kids that are irritating. Their coffee kind of sucks. I'd take my chok full o nuts I buy at my house over a free Starbucks any day of the week. I can buy an entire can for the price of one coffee there.

#Fightfor$15 The real minimum wage is $0.

Gee, have to walk in through a metal detector, 40 cameras (that I can see) on the ceiling, staff all standing around mute and muzzled hiding behind their faces covered with black masks--- wow, I don't know why I'm not running out into the dark right now in my bare fucking feet anxious to go to one this instant. :smoke:

Self checkout, will make it easier for shoplifting...;)
Since they've legalized theft in SF it won't be long before everything is done thru the mail in some cities.
There won't be any more brick and mortar stores with actual products on the shelves.
I was in San Diego 20 years ago....and shoplifting was so bad that they only had one shoe out on display. You had to get the match for it from the back room. Driving on the freeway was an adventure....people going over 100mph because the cops were afraid to pull anyone over.

Self checkout, will make it easier for shoplifting...;)
it certainly does, but these companies have done the cost benefit analysis and recognize the cost to employee someone at these way to high prices is more then the lost from shoplifting

Since they've legalized theft in SF it won't be long before everything is done thru the mail in some cities.
There won't be any more brick and mortar stores with actual products on the shelves.
I was in San Diego 20 years ago....and shoplifting was so bad that they only had one shoe out on display. You had to get the match for it from the back room. Driving on the freeway was an adventure....people going over 100mph because the cops were afraid to pull anyone over.

I was stuck in Mexifornia for 4 years before I was able to leave.
There's only 2 kinds of "people" in Mexifornia..........those trying to kill you, and those trying to steal from you.

Forum List

Back