LDS Church fined for hiding investments from the government

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Wow! $5m fine for hiding and lying about a $32B investment fund..purportedly for the 'end-times'--LOL!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has agreed to settle allegations that it tried to hide a huge investment fund from the government.
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced Tuesday the LDS Church, and its investment manager, agreed to pay a 5 million dollar fine - connected to the charge that the church hid an approximately 32-billion-dollar investment fund.
According to the SEC the church was concerned disclosing the fund would lead to negative consequences.
To settle the lawsuit-- the LDS Church agreed to pay one million dollars of the fine. Their investment firm - Ensign Peak Advisers - will pay the other four million dollars.

In a statement, the church acknowledged “mistakes” were made and said it now considered the matter closed.

Wow! $5m fine for hiding and lying about a $32B investment fund..purportedly for the 'end-times'--LOL!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has agreed to settle allegations that it tried to hide a huge investment fund from the government.
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced Tuesday the LDS Church, and its investment manager, agreed to pay a 5 million dollar fine - connected to the charge that the church hid an approximately 32-billion-dollar investment fund.
According to the SEC the church was concerned disclosing the fund would lead to negative consequences.
To settle the lawsuit-- the LDS Church agreed to pay one million dollars of the fine. Their investment firm - Ensign Peak Advisers - will pay the other four million dollars.

In a statement, the church acknowledged “mistakes” were made and said it now considered the matter closed.
Why is the government entitled to the money?

Why is the government entitled to the money?
Even churches not allowed to fk with SEC regulations. Religion is religion, but investment management must conform to regulation, as big business is big business.

Does anyone really believe government is more prudent than the taxpayer on how money is spent?

And if religions are going to be involved in business they should be taxed as businesses.
On investments involving stock funds and securities. Real estate sales or ownership of a public business, I agree.

Mormons doing something unethical.

Who'd have thunk it?

Here comes the Gestapo.
1677351223876.jpeg

Does anyone really believe government is more prudent than the taxpayer on how money is spent?

Nope, but I am going to pay my fair share, then so should everyone else.

I say fuck high taxes. Abolish the IRS

One day when you move out of your parents house and have a real job you will understand what is being talked about

Nope, but I am going to pay my fair share, then so should everyone else.

One day when you move out of your parents house and have a real job you will understand what is being talked about
I never lived with my parents after I graduated from college but I'm going to avoid paying excessive taxes when at all possible.

You seem to enjoy paying taxes.

I do not enjoy it, but I do it...so everyone else should as well.

I never lived with my parents after I graduated from college but I'm going to avoid paying excessive taxes when at all possible.

Come on, who do you think you are fooling, you are not even out of high school yet

Is this the same scam they were pulling to build a 1.3 Billion mall and bail-out their LDS owned insurance company for a couple more billion?

It was said they were also hiding the investments from the "subjects" of the LDS church because they were afraid that they would quit tithing if they knew how much money the church was sitting on.

The SEC should do the Catholic Church next. ;)

Forum List

Back