Latest on Fanni Willis

Trump's defense filed claims her case against Him is tainted by racism. He's probably right.

Notice, suddenly, Letitia hasn't been vocal much.
I don't see it being likely that same type of thing happens in NY.

I suspect James's bosses will tell her to back off before they lose half or more of the city.

Because realistically, if she wins? NYC's going to go right down the tubes at warp speed.

There will be entire new huge yankee highrise transplant cities popping up on A1A, as if there aren't enough already! :uhoh3::1041:

Last edited:
I don't see it being likely that same type of thing happens in NY.
I just noticed since Fanni is all over the media, Letitia isn't soaking up on the limelight like she had been.

Because realistically, if she wins? NYC's going to go right down the tubes at warp speed.
She'll get her judgement......it's what will happen on appeal that will make it real.

The Fani Willis Defense: "Ya'll cain't Expect all us blacks womens to be perfect. We is dummer dan shit. Alls I knowd is when I seed a dolla lying on duh ground, I is gonna pick dat dolla up and put in my pocket! Umm hmmm!!"

Trump's defense filed claims her case against Him is tainted by racism. He's probably right.

Notice, suddenly, Letitia hasn't been vocal much.
Her lack of any denial of any of the allegation is quite telling.

Latest:

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has no plans to step down from the Georgia election subversion case over allegations she’s having an affair with her lead prosecutor, a decision driven in part over concern that her departure would effectively end the case against Donald Trump and his multiple defendants, sources familiar with the thinking inside the DA’s office told CNN.

The sprawling racketeering case still has no trial date, and Willis and her team are keenly aware that the window to go to trial before the 2024 election is rapidly shrinking. Any change in the team handling the prosecution would likely delay the proceedings, and it’s unclear if another prosecutor in Georgia would even be inclined to take up the case, given its political and legal challenges.

James did acknowledge that the political impact of the allegations could come into play during jury selection.

“These allegations of affairs can be distracting and can lead jurors to say, ‘You know what, I don’t like that prosecutor. I don’t like that prosecutor’s office. I don’t like this case. Doesn’t matter what the evidence says, I’m not going to convict,’” James said. “That’s the real danger here.”
Last week, Georgia lawmakers voted to form a special committee to investigate Willis, the latest and potentially most significant in a series of moves by the Republican-held state legislature regarding the case, including a resolution by one lawmaker to have Willis impeached – a move not supported by Georgia’s Republican Gov. Brian Kemp.

“A special committee in the Georgia legislature with subpoena power is an exceedingly rare thing. It’s not something that we have in Georgia quite often,” Kreis told CNN. “It’s certainly could be damaging, and I think if nothing else it will create a huge headache for the DA’s office.”
Kreis told CNN while he does not believe any of the efforts in the Georgia legislature will derail the case in a significant way, he does believe they are “politically symbolic,” and worth watching.

“I think what we really have here at the worst-case scenario is an ethical problem. There will certainly be questions about whether this was the wisest use of public taxpayer money. That’s a big political problem. It’s an optics problem. It’s a reelection problem. I think it’s very unlikely that we’ll see any criminal action come out of that,” Kreis told CNN.
While Willis and select prosecutors on her team have been working on their written response to the allegations, others in the DA’s office are working to address other outstanding motions to dismiss the case. If Willis ultimately survives the current push to disqualify her, the case would effectively be back on track, sources told CNN.

Forum List

Back