Last Man Standing

According to Tim Allen's Twitter page this show will be a Thursday program when it comes back.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I hope this doesn't mean that the show will be competing with my other favorite current comedy, Young Sheldon that is, because I wouldn't be surprised if the show were to be on sooner with Big Bang Theory not being on anymore.

This show will be returning this coming Thursday night at 8PM EST, just like I predicted. I wonder how well it will do as a competitor against a newer show like Young Sheldon.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Tonight's show was good, but sad when we learned what had never been said sooner, concerning Kristyn's pregnancy history. Another sad thing that I learned tonight is that the man who played Mike's father, Bud, went forward back in October due to brain cancer. He was 78.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder if any other family members will ever be shown during the show. Vanessa's dad has never been shown and neither has Ryan's mother. Will we ever see Mike's brother, Jimmy, again or Vanessa's sister, April, again. Then of course, we only saw a member of Kyle's family during the last season, a brother that is.

P.S. I wonder if any other family members will ever be shown during the show. Vanessa's dad has never been shown and neither has Ryan's mother. Will we ever see Mike's brother, Jimmy, again or Vanessa's sister, April, again. Then of course, we only saw a member of Kyle's family during the last season, a brother that is.

I haven't seen it yet; will watch it on Hulu some time after it becomes available, which is usually 02:00 the following morning.

I'm not sure which, if any of the characters you mentioned have appeared since the show jumped networks, but I wonder if some of them may have been played by actors who had contracts with ABC that prevent them from being able to appear on the show now on a competing network. I don't even know if this hypothesis is even plausible, not knowing how actors on TV shows are contracted. I suppose it's more likely that the regular actors on a show are under contract to the producers of that show, and so of the show jumps networks, so would the actors. But might actors who only occasionally appear on a show be contracted to the show, to the network, or to some other entity, and what restrictions might they be subject to with regard to appearing on other shows, not associated with the entity holding their contract?

The second episode of this show this past Thursday night was my favorite. I do have one question though. How long does seminary school go for?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Tonight's show was good. Ryan wanting a say about how the baby's room is going to look doesn't surprise me. I guess that he will be trying to make up for missing out on Boyd's first few years.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I just saw tonight's show. Where is Vanessa's dad supposed to be now? Did her parents eventually divorce? Are preachers not necessary anymore when people get married? One of my most favorite singers got married last year, Trace Adkins that is, and he had Blake Shelton standing there in the preacher's position.

God bless you and Trace and his family and his circle of friends always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of Trace)

P.S. Any special reason why Boyd was not at the wedding for his great grandmother?

Last edited:
Last night's show was good, but it made me wonder about family members of the other main characters who could be shown at some point. I get why Jen was added to the picture, but will we ever see anymore of Ryan's family and Kyle's family? Why wasn't Vanessa's sister at the wedding for their mom and Ed? Where is Vanessa's dad supposed to be now?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I thought it was funny, how, when Ed and Chuck called Kristen in to take her to task for taking advantage of her pregnancy to get sympathy, how she responded by doing exactly that, to a spectacular degree, that Ed and Chuck didn't know what hit them.

I just now saw last night's show at the FOX website and to me, Vanessa's speech couldn't have been better. Too bad we don't find out yet how things go for her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

In my opinion, tonight's show was a let down because we still don't know how things go for Vanessa.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

What I love about last night's show is the moral of the story. In my opinion, if you can't be honest and straight forward from the very beginning, those that you interact with, once your true colors are in front of them, may then forever question your every word.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Something a bit startling to learn.

The actress who plays Jen, how old do you think she is? How old, do you suppose Jen is supposed to be? She seems to me like early teens, maybe fourteen or fifteen, not any older than that. The actress who plays her, it turns out, is more than twice that old. According to both the Wikipedia and the IMDB, she was born on 25 October 1988, which makes her, at this time, thirty-one years old.

I'm well aware that some Asian women retain an usually youthful appearance, as they get older, and also that in show business, there are tricks to making an actor or actress appear younger; but still, even accounting for that; a thirty-one-year-old looking that much like an early teen seems rather extraordinary.

^^^ I think that Jen is supposed to be near the end of high school if she isn't in college already.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How much longer until we find out how Vanessa did with her campaign situation?

I think that Jen is supposed to be near the end of high school if she isn't in college already.

Possibly, but she sure doesn't come across as being that old. Like I said, fourteen or fifteen at most, she seems. I suppose what I said earlier about Asian women appearing more youthful might apply to a a teenager as well as an older woman. Perhaps a sixteen/seventeen/eighteen-year-old Asian girl might appear to me to be fourteen of fifteen. I don't think we've seen anything on the show that clarifies how old Jen is supposed to be, or what academic level she is at.

In any event, it is still quite startling to learn that the actress playing her is in her thirties. She certainly doesn't come across as nearly that old.

How much longer until we find out how Vanessa did with her campaign situation?

I expect that it'll be a while. In real life, how long do campaigns run? Even local ones, I'm sure, go on for months. It doesn't appear that they want to make Vanessa's political campaign a significant part of the regular plot, so we probably won't hear much of it again until we get to the election, which will probably be several episodes from now.

^^^ I have no idea how long campaigns normally go for, but with this being a TV show, anything can be written for it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Another episode without Kristyn tonight. I wonder when she will be back. The show is not the same with so many of the girls missing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back