Largest Oil Scale Reserves BY FAR in the world!

sounds like it has extraordinary potential. lets get'er done.

Hoss....;)

CATARINA, Tex. — Until last year, the 17-mile stretch of road between this forsaken South Texas village and the county seat of Carrizo Springs was a patchwork of derelict gasoline stations and rusting warehouses.

Now the region is in the hottest new oil play in the country, with giant oil terminals and sprawling RV parks replacing fields of mesquite. More than a dozen companies plan to drill up to 3,000 wells around here in the next 12 months.

snip-

There is only one catch: the oil from the Eagle Ford and similar fields of tightly packed rock can be extracted only by using hydraulic fracturing, a method that uses a high-pressure mix of water, sand and hazardous chemicals to blast through the rocks to release the oil inside.

snip-

Based on the industry’s plans, shale and other “tight rock” fields that now produce about half a million barrels of oil a day will produce up to three million barrels daily by 2020, according to IHS CERA, an energy research firm. Oil companies are investing an estimated $25 billion this year to drill 5,000 new oil wells in tight rock fields, according to Raoul LeBlanc, a senior director at PFC Energy, a consulting firm.

“This is very big and it’s coming on very fast,” said Daniel Yergin, the chairman of IHS CERA. “This is like adding another Venezuela or Kuwait by 2020, except these tight oil fields are in the United States.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/28/business/energy-environment/28shale.html?_r=1
I already started this thread 2 days ago. :)

But maybe now that Jersey Shore is over, some of the Peakers will comment on how this isn't oil or a boom, or a significant find.

sorry Fitz...I know how it is, sorry I didn't check....

yea the 'situation' got situated, so here we are ;):lol:

But maybe now that Jersey Shore is over, some of the Peakers will comment on how this isn't oil or a boom, or a significant find.

Are you really just trolling the peaker fools?
usually I don't have to bump a thread for them to show up and tell us it's not oil, or it's not profitable enough to do anything. Or it'll destroy all life on the planet for a thousand miles around one fracking site. So this is odd to me.

I've been a bit hard on them as of late, and until they roll out someone with more parrot power than Jiggsy, maybe they have just chosen to run and hide? Certainly their ideas cannot withstand the light of day very well.

RGR is right that unconventionals HAVE (to this point) helped offset existing conventional decline. And done so at enormous cost. He's not fooling anyone when he pretends $5+ gas is no big deal. That ploy doesn't carry water. He rationalizes that we'll "just use less" of it, forgetting of course, that this empire is BUILT on the requirement of perpetual gluttony and consumption. Unfettered capitalism can not survive on "conservation."

What empire do you live in parrot? Certainly there aren't many empires around any more, are you having flashbacks to a reincarnation?

Last edited:
Please link to where Carter said we'd be "running out of crude globally by the end of the 80s." I'm sure there's quite a bit of context you're leaving out.

Jesus Jiggsy are you KIDDING? You haven't even researched peak oil well enough to be familiar with President speeches on the topic? This is more ignorant than you not knowing how to google up EIA data, I mean seriously, do you have no damn fingers with which to type, or are you really just as ignorant as this statement implies?

JiggsCasey said:
I guess if 7 TV networks tell you a hurricane is coming, by your retarded logic, you'd be dumb to prepare... Because everyone knows weather forecasts are a soft science. LOL

We aren't talking about weather forecasting polly, but about the primary reason why mankind isn't a group of smarter than average chimps hanging from trees in a forest somewhere.

Energy. I realize that you don't know much about this topic, but it is important.

Please link to where Carter said we'd be "running out of crude globally by the end of the 80s." I'm sure there's quite a bit of context you're leaving out.

Jesus Jiggsy are you KIDDING? You haven't even researched peak oil well enough to be familiar with President speeches on the topic? This is more ignorant than you not knowing how to google up EIA data, I mean seriously, do you have no damn fingers with which to type, or are you really just as ignorant as this statement implies?

JiggsCasey said:
I guess if 7 TV networks tell you a hurricane is coming, by your retarded logic, you'd be dumb to prepare... Because everyone knows weather forecasts are a soft science. LOL

We aren't talking about weather forecasting polly, but about the primary reason why mankind isn't a group of smarter than average chimps hanging from trees in a forest somewhere.

Energy. I realize that you don't know much about this topic, but it is important.
And he doesn't remember that climatology is different than meteorology.

Probably thinks insurance actuarial tables are a scam too.

We've covered this before, you frothy build-up of santorum. This isn't about me, it's about your asshat claim as it's worded. Back up your work, so we all can see how accurate you aren't.

I know what Carter claimed back then. And he never said we'd "run out of oil by the 80s." He said demand would begin to outstrip supply. While wrong on that notion, he certainly didn't say what YOU claim.

Stop being such a pussy, and for once, answer a direct challenge. If not, write more careful so as to not re-enforce your forum reputation as a complete fraud.

JiggsCasey said:

If nothing else, you self-described "arrogant prick," what's been made clear here is that I know far more than you do about energy and the energy-economy symbiosis. All you've displayed is a bit of technical drilling knowledge and a never-ending capacity for pettiness and historical, apples-to-oranges irrelevancy.

After all, I'm dealing with a poster who insists $5+ gas isn't a big deal, and we'll all just "use less of it" willfully. That's how clueless you truly are regarding this overall topic.

STFU and GTFO

Last edited:
RGR is right that unconventionals HAVE (to this point) helped offset existing conventional decline. And done so at enormous cost. He's not fooling anyone when he pretends $5+ gas is no big deal. That ploy doesn't carry water. He rationalizes that we'll "just use less" of it, forgetting of course, that this empire is BUILT on the requirement of perpetual gluttony and consumption. Unfettered capitalism can not survive on "conservation."

What enpire do you live in parrot? Certainly there aren't many empires around any more, are you having flashbacks to a reincarnation?

For all intents and purposes, we most certainly are an empire. Not that your latest attempt at semantics and deflection isn't again transparent.

We show all the characteristics that, together, define empire: hegemony, jingoism, aggressive "defense," annexation, social class division, graft, fraud, waste, gluttony, inefficiency, unending corruption, political blackmail abroad, over-taxation, privatized military combatants, corporate malfeasance, inflated prison and police system, and on and on and on.

It is interesting though, dick, that I returned to contribute in four threads.... And those are the only threads you scurried to respond to, and I'm the only poster you can ever focus on. Wow, am I ever in your block head. At this point, it's clear that I'm the sole reason you exist here. Just keep calling me the parrot, while avoiding the data, the quotes and the state of the world. The irony is priceless. Parrot.

Good little industry shill you are.

Last edited:
RGR said:
What enpire do you live in parrot? Certainly there aren't many empires around any more, are you having flashbacks to a reincarnation?

For all intents and purposes, we most certainly are an empire.

What a jackass, now you don't know how to use a dictionary? How about Wiki, it certainly doesn't know any more about peak oil than you do, but its definition for Empire seems reasonable.

"Politically, an empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch (emperor, empress) or an oligarchy."

So...you see an Emperor in America someplace? Is he/she hiding in the woods? Under your bed? Or perhaps you confused oligarchy with a representative form of democracy? Or maybe nobody ever taught you that you are allowed to go to a polling place on election day and vote...undoubtedly for everyone at once, if your intellectual capability's are as limited as your peak oil understanding.

JiggsCasey said:
It is interesting though, dick, that I returned to contribute in four threads.... And those are the only threads you scurried to respond to, and I'm the only poster you can ever focus on.

You are the only church member around. I don't have to explain the obvious to people who can actually fire their own neurons.

Are we dealing with a real person here, or a bot? I am familiar with peakers, and while many of them certainly qualify as ignorant or stupid (sometimes both), I'm not sure I've ever run into one this disjointed before, with nearly zero ability to argue anything. He can't even make up his own insults, instead parroting MY insults of him!

The cutting and pasting of current news, zero knowledge of history, zero ability to talk about anyone else's information, pushing traffic to a blog, parroting even the insults used against him, it points to a mediocre bot of some sort?

Please link to where Carter said we'd be "running out of crude globally by the end of the 80s."

Jesus Jiggsy are you KIDDING? You haven't even researched peak oil well enough to be familiar with President speeches on the topic?

I know what Carter claimed back then.

Apparently not. Otherwise you would know exactly the context he used when he made that statement and wouldn't need me to look it up for you. You've already demonstrated you don't read your own sources, do your own legwork polly, or find a second grader to teach you how to google it up.

Can't get excited about this anymore than I would on hearing that cheaper and more available heroin could solve the junkie problem!!! The only real longterm solution is fusion power. It's where we should be directing our efferts, not 19th(oil) or 20th(nuclear) century technologies. Contact your representives and tell them we need to invest more to shorten the estimated 40-50 year timeline to implementation. For more info go to:

ITER - the way to new energy OR

Department of Energy - Fusion

Are we dealing with a real person here, or a bot? I am familiar with peakers, and while many of them certainly qualify as ignorant or stupid (sometimes both), I'm not sure I've ever run into one this disjointed before, with nearly zero ability to argue anything. He can't even make up his own insults, instead parroting MY insults of him!

The cutting and pasting of current news, zero knowledge of history, zero ability to talk about anyone else's information, pushing traffic to a blog, parroting even the insults used against him, it points to a mediocre bot of some sort?
Possibly a seminar poster. More likely a not very useful blithering idiot.
I often wondered if he gets paid by the post or lie.

I've had him on ignore for about 7 months or so now because he DOESN'T say anything new, and seeing his quoted posts in other people's stuff shows me nothing has changed.

Last edited:
Can't get excited about this anymore than I would on hearing that cheaper and more available heroin could solve the junkie problem!!! The only real longterm solution is fusion power. It's where we should be directing our efferts, not 19th(oil) or 20th(nuclear) century technologies. Contact your representives and tell them we need to invest more to shorten the estimated 40-50 year timeline to implementation. For more info go to:

One again, why you have no credibility.

Oil = a deadly debilitating drug.

I'd ask if you were brain damaged, but the evidence is plain to see.

Hey RGR, I was wrong about the arguments they'd use. Now they're using the Oil is evil/dangerous and should be banned argument... and replaced by a fictional energy source no one's been able to get working.

Last edited:

Hey RGR, I was wrong about the arguments they'd use. Now they're using the Oil is evil/dangerous and should be banned argument... and replaced by a fictional energy source no one's been able to get working.

You're not really that quick on the uptake, are you? Where's the "oil should be banned' argument? I take back the the "not quick on the uptake" comment, because it appears you're really just purposely deceitful. You know quite well the analogy was simply meant to compare one "gotta have" with another and how you'll never wean yourself off, if it gets cheaper. The answer isn't banning, but trying to find alternatives.

You're not really that quick on the uptake, are you? Where's the "oil should be banned' argument? I take back the the "not quick on the uptake" comment, because it appears you're really just purposely deceitful. You know quite well the analogy was simply meant to compare one "gotta have" with another and how you'll never wean yourself off, if it gets cheaper. The answer isn't banning, but trying to find alternatives.
About as deceitful as equating deadly, illegal drug use to using oil?

Are you really thinking you can get away with that and not get called on it? The very comparison implies that in its saying!

And, let's turn up the volume for the cheapseat nosebleeds you're obviously sitting in:

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PETROLEUM AT THIS TIME!!!! ONLY FAILED PRETENDERS!!!!!!

Comprende offende?

RGR said:

For all intents and purposes, we most certainly are an empire.

What a jackass, now you don't know how to use a dictionary? How about Wiki, it certainly doesn't know any more about peak oil than you do, but its definition for Empire seems reasonable.

"Politically, an empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch (emperor, empress) or an oligarchy."

So...you see an Emperor in America someplace? Is he/she hiding in the woods? Under your bed? Or perhaps you confused oligarchy with a representative form of democracy? Or maybe nobody ever taught you that you are allowed to go to a polling place on election day and vote...undoubtedly for everyone at once, if your intellectual capability's are as limited as your peak oil understanding.

I love when cons play the literal definition game for some words when it suits them, and then shift to "nuance" and connotation for other words when they have to shift gears. It's the same for them when the word "fascism" or "communism" is brought to the fore. It means one thing, then another when they need it to.

You know the definition of the word empire goes far beyond your convenient 'google-tard' maneuver.

Oh, and for the record, tool shed, I know far more about peak oil than you do. That was made clear months ago. I mean, seriously, you're a poster who insists high fuel prices means "easy game" and we'll just "use less." LOL... What a moron. But worse, you're arrogant about championing ignorance. You relish in it.

JiggsCasey said:
It is interesting though, dick, that I returned to contribute in four threads.... And those are the only threads you scurried to respond to, and I'm the only poster you can ever focus on.

You are the only church member around. I don't have to explain the obvious to people who can actually fire their own neurons.

LOL... yeah, you keep telling yourself that, desperate industry shill. For all your self-congratulatory pap, you haven't made a shred of headway in this argument. What's worse, your position has become untenable, and that's why your responses keep getting shorter and less relevant and more personal and petty. You're not fooling anyone, wildcatter.

You have everything working against you and your "nothing to see here" platform: The data, the word of international agencies, the word of academia, the international headlines, the macro-economics, the state of the world, the Great Recession, and on and on and on. And still you're at it, belligerent to the end, refusing to budge an inch on the reality that demand has finally begun to outstrip supply.

But you'll be fine behind your gated community, huh Texas?

When dealing with denialists, it's a constant dark comedy.

Last edited:
I've had him on ignore for about 7 months or so now because he DOESN'T say anything new, and seeing his quoted posts in other people's stuff shows me nothing has changed.

LOL. You had to put me on ignore because you backed yourself into a corner every time you engaged me, and got so tilty, you had to do something about it before you broke your poor dog's ribs. A good decision.

As for your friend, I've used his lame-ass material ONLY when it conveys how painfully ironic he shows himself to be. The best example being when he actually calls ME the "parrot." That's truly rich.

Here is the liberal thinking. When you go to McDonalds, you can order anything you want on the menu and the person behind you has to pay for it. They love to talk but haven't a clue on how to act with the resources at hand. We need working people in congress, not rich no nothing do nothing leaches.

LOL... Project much?

The cutting and pasting of current news,

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... That's how an argument is supported and sourced you peerless asshat. You should try it some time. Maybe you wouldn't seem like such an empty rant-tard all the time.

zero knowledge of history,

More like an unwillingness to follow you down some irrelevant rabbit hole to Civil War era price point comparisons for your desperate attempt to spin the realities of today.

zero ability to talk about anyone else's information,

No greater irony in the history of blogging forums everywhere.

Me: here's statement X from agency Y?
You: what about it? here's technology predictions from blog Z.

lawlstfu

pushing traffic to a blog,

I consider the author, regardless of whether he has it hosted at TheOilDrum.com, energybulletin.net or any other site you can't get your fat head around.

parroting even the insults used against him,

Dude, in the original material game, you're even FURTHER behind than the central topic of global energy depletion. Lie to yourself all you like, but the forum isn't fooled.

it points to a mediocre bot of some sort?

And there it is. When all else fails, pretend the human being kicking your ass all over the forum is a bot.

Nope, Texas. I'm no bot. I'm not even paid by a sustainability group of any kind. ... Just an American who monitors the world news for a living. One who doesn't lie to himself or his readership at every turn in order to support a global mechanism that makes liars like you very wealthy.

Forum List

Back