Largest newspaper in Iowa (Des Moines Register) endorses Hillary Clinton

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
The Bernie/Right-Wing nut alliance will not be happy to learn that Hillary Clinton has been endorsed by the Desmoines Register.

"If there’s one thing Democrats and Republicans agree on this year, it’s the fact that the next president will face enormous challenges.

Domestically, this president must work with Congress in confronting the issues of immigration, health care, increased threats to national security, the disappearing middle class, the growing deficit, Social Security solvency, gun control, renewable energy, sentencing reform and more.

On the world stage, this president will have to work with foreign leaders in dealing with ISIS and other terrorists, climate change, the containment of nuclear threats posed in North Korea and Iran, the Russian incursions in Ukraine and foreign trade."

Endorsement: Hillary Clinton has needed knowledge, experience

My advice for the Bernie/Right-Wing nut alliance is to stay calm and pretend she's going to be charged with something so you won't go into deep depression.

The Bernie/Right-Wing nut alliance will not be happy to learn that Hillary Clinton has been endorsed by the Desmoines Register.

"If there’s one thing Democrats and Republicans agree on this year, it’s the fact that the next president will face enormous challenges.

Domestically, this president must work with Congress in confronting the issues of immigration, health care, increased threats to national security, the disappearing middle class, the growing deficit, Social Security solvency, gun control, renewable energy, sentencing reform and more.

On the world stage, this president will have to work with foreign leaders in dealing with ISIS and other terrorists, climate change, the containment of nuclear threats posed in North Korea and Iran, the Russian incursions in Ukraine and foreign trade."

My advice for the Bernie/Right-Wing nut alliance is to stay calm and pretend she's going to be charged with something so you won't go into deep depression.

Hillary Clinton has to win a primary just like Trump before I will discuss if she can win or not...

You do know that is a liberal newspaper correct?

Why didn't they endorse Sanders? And why did they endorse Romney?
Could it be that you're full of shit about the Register being liberal?

I see you failed to mention they also endorsed Rubio on the republican side.

You do know that is a liberal newspaper correct

Why didn't they endorse Sanders? And why did they endorse Romney?
Could it be that you're full of shit about the Register being liberal?

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

We have been complaining about that paper for decades.

The Des Moines Register has long been criticized for its perceived liberal leanings

he Des Moines Register has long been criticized for its perceived news bias. Since editorial writers and local columnists regularly endorse Democratic candidates, the newspaper has a reputation for being liberal when it comes to political coverage. This week it clearly endorsed Al Gore for president and many question whether the Register’s news stories are used to promote the endorsed candidate. Editor Dennis Ryerson noted in an October 28 column, "I’ve heard much criticism during this presidential season," though he claims he gets it from both sides.

On September 4, the Register’s front-page campaign headline proclaimed, "With Labor Day, real campaigns begin." So using that as my starting point I have been analyzing theRegister’s coverage of the presidential election by measuring the number of inches of news space each candidate is given, comparing photographs and headlines, and reviewing the editorial/opinion pages.

Over the past two months Gore has definitely received more coverage in the Register. Of all the news stories regarding the presidential race, 26% had Gore as the main subject, 21% featured George W. Bush and around half focused on both candidates.....

Forum List

Back