and
what is money going to do to fix it

Today the temp were I am is 10 degrees below normal
it is snowing 40 miles from here. I am in the south
in the morning it is going to be 18-20 degrees below normal
that is change in the climate I would argue

Now why and the "fix" is open for debate

It is called common sense

For the hundredth time, local weather and global climate are NOT the same thing.

Your really sporty on this
SO where I live is not part of the global climate
think about what you just stated
My climate does not count because it does not fit the agenda?
again most of this is common sense
Last wniter was above avg here
in 2010 where I was it was way below normal
1000 miles from where I am today

you have your opinion and I have mine
where we dis agree is how much money does it take to fix it, our do we cut down on pollution because it is the right thing to do no matter the agenda behind it
I am currently putting in a ZLDS system
this will allow much of the H20 used by the plant to be captured, treated and re-used
this will eliminate dumping back into the aqufier and taking allot less from the same

It is called doing the right thing and that right thing has made the power bill here local to go up

I got no issue with it, neither do most of the consumers
it is called a win-win
Yet you Libs ignore these events and keep demanding we have some sort of carbon tax
thats were your losing 100% of your cerdibility

Global climate is the sum total of all the weather patterns. It may be cold where you are, but it is warm elsewhere. So saying that it is below normal in your area and suggesting that that somehow means global warming isn't real is meaningless because your local weather is just that - local.

For the hundredth time, local weather and global climate are NOT the same thing.

Your really sporty on this
SO where I live is not part of the global climate
think about what you just stated
My climate does not count because it does not fit the agenda?
again most of this is common sense
Last wniter was above avg here
in 2010 where I was it was way below normal
1000 miles from where I am today

you have your opinion and I have mine
where we dis agree is how much money does it take to fix it, our do we cut down on pollution because it is the right thing to do no matter the agenda behind it
I am currently putting in a ZLDS system
this will allow much of the H20 used by the plant to be captured, treated and re-used
this will eliminate dumping back into the aqufier and taking allot less from the same

It is called doing the right thing and that right thing has made the power bill here local to go up

I got no issue with it, neither do most of the consumers
it is called a win-win
Yet you Libs ignore these events and keep demanding we have some sort of carbon tax
thats were your losing 100% of your cerdibility

Global climate is the sum total of all the weather patterns. It may be cold where you are, but it is warm elsewhere. So saying that it is below normal in your area and suggesting that that somehow means global warming isn't real is meaningless because your local weather is just that - local.

I could not agree more
seems as thought the temp has been cooling everywhere though, or at least stabalizing
UN Climate Change Report Ignores 15-Year 'Pause' in Warming

Global Warming Leader: I Was 'Alarmist'
The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened …

The climate is doing its usual tricks. There’s nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now … The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time… it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising -- carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that.

Lovelock said that Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth” and Tim Flannery’s “The Weather Makers” were similarly alarmist.

“All right,” he said, “I made a mistake.” He added of his 2006 book, Revenge of Gaia, in which his language was over-the-top, “I would be a little more cautious – but then that would have spoilt the book.”

Arguing against climate change, is like arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

That's why they don't publish your dumbass letters.

The argue is not about the change in climate
The argue is what is we do that adds to it
and

I wish religious people could grasp that concept when it comes to their belief in THE flood, as in Noah and the flood. They site the universality of a flood myth as evidence that the story of Noah is true. Yet, just because an area had a flood at some point, doesn't translate that a massive flood covered the entire world all at once.

The same is true with weather in that regard. An unexpected cold snap in an American state sometime in late summer doesn't mean that climate change/global warming aren't really happening any more than a local rain shower means that there is no regional drought affecting millions of people because like you said, "weather and global climate are NOT the same thing".

Arguing against climate change, is like arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

and

See this is why they are not interested in providing a platform for idiots who obviously don't know anything about the topic.

and

See this is why they are not interested in providing a platform for idiots who obviously don't know anything about the topic.

I know this much about it
Money is not going to fix it
Idiot?
those who dis agree with you are idiots?
whats that make you?

and

Idiot?
whats that make you?

Disagreeing with me doesn't make someone an idiot.

Trying to suggest that one has a point of view worth listening to when they obviously know absolutely nothing about the topic makes someone an idiot.

My guess is that the L.A. Times was targeted in a letter-writing campaign that included perspectives on the issue of just about the quality you have presented.

Last edited:

Idiot?
whats that make you?

Trying to suggest that one has a point of view worth listening to when they obviously know absolutely nothing about the topic makes someone an idiot.

The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened …
The climate is doing its usual tricks. There’s nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now … The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time… it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising -- carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that.
Lovelock said that Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth” and Tim Flannery’s “The Weather Makers” were similarly alarmist.
“All right,” he said, “I made a mistake.” He added of his 2006 book, Revenge of Gaia, in which his language was over-the-top, “I would be a little more cautious – but then that would have spoilt the book.”

An exhaustive United Nations report that claimed with 95% certainty that humans are responsible for global warming left out data that found the planet has stopped warming over the last 15 years, because it did not fit with the climate change agenda it wanted to advance.
The report, produced by the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), could not explain "why the planet has largely stopped warming over the past 15 years." So it just ignored it. According to the climate data from the U.K.'s weather-watching Met Office, "global surface temperatures rose rapidly during the 70s," but they have "have been relatively flat over the past decade and a half, rising only 0.05 degrees Celsius (0.09 degrees Fahrenheit)."

2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps

Via: 2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps
From July 24 to August 19
This is global warming?
HAMweather: Record Events for The Past 4 Weeks x,highmin,
Thanks to Ralph Fato for this link
Related Links:
UN Scientists Who Have Turned on the UN IPCC & Man-Made Climate Fears — A Climate Depot Flashback Report
Report: Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002! - Climate Depot Exclusive Round Up of Current Global Cooling predictions – Exclusive Report: Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002! Climate Scientist Dr. Judith Curry: ‘Attention in the public debate seems to be moving away from the 15-17 year ‘pause’ to the cooling since 2002’
Second Slowest Peak Arctic Melt Season On Record — ‘Since July 23, Arctic ice area loss has been the second slowest on record. Ice loss has been 61% of normal, and was just slightly faster than 2001′
51% Growth In Arctic Sea Ice From 2012 — The Arctic melt season is almost done, and there is 51% more ice than there was on this date last year.

’15′ Peer Reviewed Studies Confirm Arctic Was Warmer During Medieval Period

Warming has not taken a 15-year hiatus as you suggest.

The scientific community agrees that "warming of the climate system is unequivocal."
1983 to 2012 was likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 1400 years.

http://www.climatechange2013.org/images/uploads/WGIAR5-SPM_Approved27Sep2013.pdf

The studies you cite repeat the mistake so many deniers make. They don't understand global convection and it's impact on global warming versus local temperature readings. People who REALLY study climate - understand convection and don't make that mistake.

I agree with the LA Times decision to provide readers with good information and learned opinions - NOT propaganda idiocy from people who obviously don't have a clue about climate science.

Last edited:
Warming has not taken a 15-year hiatus as you suggest.

The scientific community agrees that "warming of the climate system is unequivocal."
1983 to 2012 was likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 1400 years.

http://www.climatechange2013.org/images/uploads/WGIAR5-SPM_Approved27Sep2013.pdf

The studies you cite repeat the mistake so many deniers make. They don't understand global convection and it's impact on global warming versus local temperature readings. People who REALLY study climate - understand convection and don't make that mistake.

I agree with the LA Times decision to provide readers with good information and learned opinions - NOT propaganda idiocy from people who obviously don't have a clue about climate science.

Well
If you want to ignore that data I have provided
that is fine with me
what about these?
Curry is the Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Also see: ‘Flashback 2010: ‘High Priestess of Global Warming’ No More! Former Warmist Judith Curry Admits To Being ‘Duped Into Supporting IPCC’ – ‘If the IPCC is dogma, then count me in as a heretic’

Excerpts from Dr. Judith Curry’s report on scientific intimidation in global warming research: (Via Tom Nelson)

When ‘Heartlandgate’ first broke, I saw no parallels with Climategate. Now, with the involvement of Gleick, there most certainly are parallels. There is the common theme of climate scientists compromising personal and professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility, all in the interests of a ’cause’.

in addition
There are three threads in particular in the leaked documents which have sent a shock wave through informed observers across the world. Perhaps the most obvious, as lucidly put together by Willis Eschenbach (see McIntyre's blog Climate Audit and Anthony Watt's blog Watts Up With That ), is the highly disturbing series of emails which show how Dr Jones and his colleagues have for years been discussing the devious tactics whereby they could avoid releasing their data to outsiders under freedom of information laws.

They have come up with every possible excuse for concealing the background data on which their findings and temperature records were based.

This in itself has become a major scandal, not least Dr Jones's refusal to release the basic data from which the CRU derives its hugely influential temperature record, which culminated last summer in his startling claim that much of the data from all over the world had simply got "lost". Most incriminating of all are the emails in which scientists are advised to delete large chunks of data, which, when this is done after receipt of a freedom of information request, is a criminal offence.
Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation - Telegraph

Not ignoring data - the data doesn't support your claims. Even if you do put a cute "gate" behind it.

The overwhelming majority of non-cherry picked data is unequivocal.
The repeated mistake of not understanding that the warming of the earth and the disappearance of ice masses - dictates cooler weather in some areas, due to convection in ocean currents and air streams is what I see over and over.

So the ill-informed take these occurences (which actually support climate change) and try to use them to refute climate change.

It is one way to identify people who are ignorant on the subject.

Last edited:
Idiot?
whats that make you?

An exhaustive United Nations report that claimed with 95% certainty that humans are responsible for global warming left out data that found the planet has stopped warming over the last 15 years, because it did not fit with the climate change agenda it wanted to advance.
The report, produced by the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), could not explain "why the planet has largely stopped warming over the past 15 years." So it just ignored it. According to the climate data from the U.K.'s weather-watching Met Office, "global surface temperatures rose rapidly during the 70s," but they have "have been relatively flat over the past decade and a half, rising only 0.05 degrees Celsius (0.09 degrees Fahrenheit)."

2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps

Via: 2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps
From July 24 to August 19
This is global warming?
HAMweather: Record Events for The Past 4 Weeks x,highmin,
Thanks to Ralph Fato for this link
Related Links:
UN Scientists Who Have Turned on the UN IPCC & Man-Made Climate Fears — A Climate Depot Flashback Report
Report: Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002! - Climate Depot Exclusive Round Up of Current Global Cooling predictions – Exclusive Report: Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002! Climate Scientist Dr. Judith Curry: ‘Attention in the public debate seems to be moving away from the 15-17 year ‘pause’ to the cooling since 2002’
Second Slowest Peak Arctic Melt Season On Record — ‘Since July 23, Arctic ice area loss has been the second slowest on record. Ice loss has been 61% of normal, and was just slightly faster than 2001′
51% Growth In Arctic Sea Ice From 2012 — The Arctic melt season is almost done, and there is 51% more ice than there was on this date last year.

’15′ Peer Reviewed Studies Confirm Arctic Was Warmer During Medieval Period

I read Flannery's book. I didn't think it was alarmist as such. However, as a former climate change skeptic who was now a believer, you could tell he was scared, and he had good reason to be. See, his book was more about species (both plant and animal species) migration and disappearance, much of which was happening without our noticing it because a lot of these plants and animals are small and away from where we can see them. You see, while we control our environment and change it to suit our needs, they're highly sensitive to changes in temperature, moisture, sunlight, growth seasons, and on and on. Something as simple as the humidity level might mean the difference between procreation or dying out. So, either they migrate, or they perish. As an example of migration, one of the oldest and best adapted (to heat) animals that is currently steadily moving north on the North American continent is the armadillo.

Fred Pearce's book, "With Speed and Violence" was much more alarmist (and unfocused).

But the scariest book on climate change I ever read was written without a hint of alarm in the tone of the book. That is "Storms of my Grandchildren" by James Hansen who for 32 years from 1981 to 2013 was the head of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies. I highly recommend the book for everyone.

Not only does the latest data (AR5) refute any notion of a pause in warming, it provides even more evidence for human influence than AR4

Forum List

Back