Korean food

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
My total Korean food experience: kimchi and bulgogi. I love kimchi but I don't want to make it from scratch. I love bulgogi and I am going to learn how to make that.

I ordered some gochuchang and some sweet potato noodles. I've had neither to make the following:

Are there any other Korean dishes that a y of you would recommend?

Had bulgogi (called it 'pulgogi') while serving in Korea back in the day. Loved it. Also loved 'yokamonda's' (spelling?), veggies, rice, and meat rolled in a pastry wrap and deep fried. Yum!

Had bulgogi (called it 'pulgogi') while serving in Korea back in the day. Loved it. Also loved 'yokamonda's' (spelling?), veggies, rice, and meat rolled in a pastry wrap and deep fried. Yum!

Like that?

Like that?
Never heard of that, sounds tasty though.

There was a really good and cheap rice dish. Rice mixed with some meat and other stuff, almost more than you could eat, and covered with a paper-thin layer of cooked egg, yellow in color like scramble egg. I don't know how they made it so thin. That dish cost about 10 cents, the bulgogi about 50 cents, and a half dozen yokamondas cost 35 cents (American).

That was back in 1963. Cigarettes were 15 cents a pack on base. On the way over our flight stopped at the military airbase in Anchorage AK where I bought cigarettes from a vending machine. I slugged 15 cents into the machine and out popped a pack of cigarettes with four pennies taped to the side. On a military base no taxes of any kind are paid, thus the four cents change, making the cost of cigs 11 cents. Ah, the goodle days.

Last edited:
My favorite Chinese food is Cashew Chicken. Oh wait, that dish was created in the US.
St. Paul sandwich is also great Chinese food. Wait..that was also created in the US.
I have to be honest. I had a tiny adventure with authentic Chinese food. I learned that I LOVE American-Chinese crap food. Specifically that whole super sweet sauce over deep fried pork or chicken whatever.

I had to look up a St. Paul sandwich.

My total Korean food experience: kimchi and bulgogi. I love kimchi but I don't want to make it from scratch. I love bulgogi and I am going to learn how to make that.

I ordered some gochuchang and some sweet potato noodles. I've had neither to make the following:

Are there any other Korean dishes that a y of you would recommend?
i would recommend all Korean food if you do not mind spicy food. i do not like spicy food and prefer American food.

Well, I made the Korean fried chicken and its pretty good. It's a good thing it has a sweet spicy sauce because otherwise it would be bland as hell.

They fry it twice (because they don't get it right the first time?) at two different temperatures.

Every year for the holidays we pick a different cuisine. So, we are doing Korean food either Christmas Eve or Christmas day. I have invested in 2 cookbooks by Maangchi. She started on YouTube

I was in Vietnam on a business trip and had to eat with a knife and spoon because the restaraunt didnt have forks.

Forum List

Back