Kingdom of Heaven

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
How did you find this movie ? Good, excellent, bad, it sucked, pretty.... ?

How about the story , the characters ?

How about the history ?

For myself, I really liked it, and the history background is faithfull.

padisha emperor said:

How about the history ?

damn PE---I was hoping for a little better review cause I wanna see it

padisha emperor said:

How about the history ?

Does it seem to be pro or anti christian? Does it have a message?

I believe you've arleady seen it.

So, the story in short and without the interesting things : Orlando Bloom is Baliant, a french blacksmith, son of a french knight, Godefroy d'Ibelin (Liam Neeson(but Baliant doesn't know it). Godefroy came back from the Crusades, go to see Baliant, and convince him to go to Jerusalem (baliant has his own reasons, you'll see them if you go see the movie ;) )

And then, when they're in Jerusalem, there is the relationship problems : between the french knights and the muslims, between the french knights and other french kinghts, between the king of Jerusalem, Baudoin the IVth, and the Prince of Antioche, Renaud de Châtillon, etc.......Some want war (the templars, Guy de Lusignan, Rendaud de Châtillon), some want peace (Baudoin, Tiberias, the governor of Jerusalem)...

There is no manicheism muslim/christians : in the both camps, there is some ugly men, and very honorable men.

If there is a message, it would be : don't make war for religion, love the other men.
And : the religion is not in the cathedrales, in temples, it's in heart, religion makes that people become more fair.

It's not at all anti christian or anti muslim. (one of the last pan of the ovie is Saladin taking a cross, which is on the ground, and he puts it on a table...kinf of restauration ;) )

So, it's not an action/history movie without some philosophy, it's quite well n this point, on the historical point of view it's good too, and the battle secènes are really nice...the siege of Jerusalem by Saladin.....wow !

padisha emperor said:
I believe you've arleady seen it.

So, the story in short and without the interesting things : Orlando Bloom is Baliant, a french blacksmith, son of a french knight, Godefroy d'Ibelin (Liam Neeson(but Baliant doesn't know it). Godefroy came back from the Crusades, go to see Baliant, and convince him to go to Jerusalem (baliant has his own reasons, you'll see them if you go see the movie ;) )

And then, when they're in Jerusalem, there is the relationship problems : between the french knights and the muslims, between the french knights and other french kinghts, between the king of Jerusalem, Baudoin the IVth, and the Prince of Antioche, Renaud de Châtillon, etc.......Some want war (the templars, Guy de Lusignan, Rendaud de Châtillon), some want peace (Baudoin, Tiberias, the governor of Jerusalem)...

There is no manicheism muslim/christians : in the both camps, there is some ugly men, and very honorable men.

If there is a message, it would be : don't make war for religion, love the other men.
And : the religion is not in the cathedrales, in temples, it's in heart, religion makes that people become more fair.

It's not at all anti christian or anti muslim. (one of the last pan of the ovie is Saladin taking a cross, which is on the ground, and he puts it on a table...kinf of restauration ;) )

So, it's not an action/history movie without some philosophy, it's quite well n this point, on the historical point of view it's good too, and the battle secènes are really nice...the siege of Jerusalem by Saladin.....wow !

Nope but it sounds good---think I'll hit a matinee on Saturday--thanks for the detailed review!

gop_jeff said:
My dad's best friend's daughter is the executive producer... but alas, no freebies. :(

Took the Grandkids to see "Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy" yuk dumbess movie I have seen in a long time...we walked out half way through and invested another ticket price to see this movie...much mo better...

archangel said:
Took the Grandkids to see "Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy" yuk dumbess movie I have seen in a long time...we walked out half way through and invested another ticket price to see this movie...much mo better...

I liked Hitchhikers Guide..., but I will say that kind of humor is an acquired taste, so the movie won't be for everybody. If you've never read the books, I suggest checking them out. It comes off much better in written form.

dilloduck said:
Nope but it sounds good---think I'll hit a matinee on Saturday--thanks for the detailed review!

I liked it a lot. I don't agree with what PE took as the message of the movie, but I suppose different people are going to come away with different things. There are some good battle scenes, but it is much more than an action movie. Think Braveheart with a little less fighting, just to give you an idea.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I liked it a lot. I don't agree with what PE took as the message of the movie, but I suppose different people are going to come away with different things. There are some good battle scenes, but it is much more than an action movie. Think Braveheart with a little less fighting, just to give you an idea.

garee for the battle scenes and Brabeheart.

Sad that obvious historical mistakes are in... :(

But see it ;)

Forum List

Back