King Henry VIII and Traumatic Brain Injury

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I watched the Netflix mini-series "Blood, Sex and Royalty" about Anne Boleyn. Frankly it wasn't great, just okay. But it did bring to light the jousting accident King Henry experienced and perhaps the results of that....

Before that time, he appeared to be a cavorting, selfish cad--throwing over this first wife for Anne via a religious veneer. Afterward, though, he led the charge in baking up excuses for her death, among which was that she had an incestuous affair with her brother.

Thoughts? Did Henry suffer from traumatic brain injury?

I watched the Netflix mini-series "Blood, Sex and Royalty" about Anne Boleyn. Frankly it wasn't great, just okay. But it did bring to light the jousting accident King Henry experienced and perhaps the results of that....

Before that time, he appeared to be a cavorting, selfish cad--throwing over this first wife for Anne via a religious veneer. Afterward, though, he led the charge in baking up excuses for her death, among which was that she had an incestuous affair with her brother.

I take it Netflix failed to mention that Henry had already confiscated 1/3 of Catholic wealth in England before he applied for dispensation to divorce Catherine of Aragon ... there's no "religious veneer" here, divorce is prohibited by Christian law ... by the Lord's own words ... Matthew 19:9 ... Henry wanted ALL Catholic wealth inside England ... and getting the Pope to deny Henry's request was a sure way to firmly split the Church ... to this very day, Charles III owns all that wealth and land ... plus Henry got some young [deleted] ... "it's good to be the King" ...

I'd say no ... Henry was a major player in the entire world-wide Protestant Revolution ... doubtful he suffered from a brain injury ...

Henry was a fat fuck, he banned the Catholic Church because the Pope refused to divorce him. Then he created the Church of England with himself as Pope and got rid of his wife. He had five other wives of whose he beheaded two. None of his six wives bore him a son, which is good news for England.

Henry was a fat fuck, he banned the Catholic Church because the Pope refused to divorce him. Then he created the Church of England with himself as Pope and got rid of his wife. He had five other wives of whose he beheaded two. None of his six wives bore him a son, which is good news for England.

Yes, all true. Just wondering if traumatic brain injury contributed to his decline.

In his youth, btw, he was very athletic and fit. I think the accident contributed to his obesity.

Jane Seymour born Edward VI ... and as a youth, Henry was an excellent athlete ... even Catholics admired Henry's abilities at tennis when he was young ...

Sorry ... history shows Henry fucked the RCC before he tried to divorce Catherine ... she was his brother's widow, and not at all to Henry's liking ... diplomacy required her to be Princess of Wales no matter which of Henry VII's sons had to be married to her ...

I take it Netflix failed to mention that Henry had already confiscated 1/3 of Catholic wealth in England before he applied for dispensation to divorce Catherine of Aragon ... there's no "religious veneer" here, divorce is prohibited by Christian law ... by the Lord's own words ... Matthew 19:9 ... Henry wanted ALL Catholic wealth inside England ... and getting the Pope to deny Henry's request was a sure way to firmly split the Church ... to this very day, Charles III owns all that wealth and land ... plus Henry got some young [deleted] ... "it's good to be the King" ...

I'd say no ... Henry was a major player in the entire world-wide Protestant Revolution ... doubtful he suffered from a brain injury ...

I think I made clear he was a selfish jerk before the brain injury--but that finally sent him completely over the edge.

I do not condone the way Henry raided the Catholic Church--but indeed, the church should not have been hoarding that much wealth. Boleyn was right about that.

I think I made clear he was a selfish jerk before the brain injury--but that finally sent him completely over the edge.

I do not condone the way Henry raided the Catholic Church--but indeed, the church should not have been hoarding that much wealth. Boleyn was right about that.

With all due respect ... Catholics "hoarding" wealth wasn't the problem ... it was the RCC actively and aggressively gather more wealth ... going door-to-door demanding money or eternal damnation in Hell ... the Reformation is already 50 years running in the German States ... we cannot view Henry VIII's rule outside this conflict ...

You don't condone the English Reformation ... do you ever play "what if?" games ... without this money, does England defeat the Spanish Armada 50 years later? ...

Yes, all true. Just wondering if traumatic brain injury contributed to his decline.

In his youth, btw, he was very athletic and fit. I think the accident contributed to his obesity.
I don´t think so. He needed a son. Without a son the dynasty doesn´t have a legit successor. That drove him crazy, I guess.

I don´t think so. He needed a son. Without a son the dynasty doesn´t have a legit successor. That drove him crazy, I guess.
It drove the Stanley family wild because they were the king makers .
Now consider their dilemma if it was known 100% that Henry was Gay. Not bi- sexual but 100% gay.

Remarkably detailed and scholarly work shows that suggestion to be almost certainly true but of course you would need to read the full report before determining a rational view on the evidence .

But like so many recent pieces of research this modern day revision is not something that the History writing elite would ever want to see accepted as the real truth.

Fortunately modern forensic methods plus information access allow alternative narratives to be inspected but backed with hard evidence and not just speculation .

It drove the Stanley family wild because they were the king makers .
Now consider their dilemma if it was known 100% that Henry was Gay. Not bi- sexual but 100% gay.

Remarkably detailed and scholarly work shows that suggestion to be almost certainly true but of course you would need to read the full report before determining a rational view on the evidence .

But like so many recent pieces of research this modern day revision is not something that the History writing elite would ever want to see accepted as the real truth.

Fortunately modern forensic methods plus information access allow alternative narratives to be inspected but backed with hard evidence and not just speculation .
Everyone is gay nowadays. That is the explanation for everything today.
Gay or not, Henry tried hard to make a son. He couldn´t. Probably, he was simply infertile.

Henry was really fucked up but the most horrifying English King was certainly Richard "Lionheart".
On his crusade he quartered children and stamped on the Austrian flag to belittle their part in the war.
On his way back to England, he was uncovered and taken prisoner in Austria for his disrespect for the flag. He was then given into the custody of the German Emperor, who demanded a very high ransom.
This was the reason why his brother John had to impose incredible taxes on his people.
In the result it was not John who was the greatest burden ever that weighed on the English shoulders, but Fucking Richard "Lionheart".

i assume you are speaking of his tournament loses while josting, his fully armored horse fell on him...resulting in him laying near death for 2 days....it did start his leg problems where his legs swelled having purulent drainage... one can only imagine the treatments he received for that...and one must assume with his personality changes that he did suffer a head injury at the same time...then his weight gain sets in..adding to the leg issues i am sure

and then you court persons willing to do whatever to gain his favor...one can see his resulting parania

Nonsense. Henry's successor was Elizabeth I. Does the Elizabethan Golden Age ring a bell?
Of course it is assumed that Elizabeth was a woman but that now lacks credibility -- shock , horror.

Interestingly Bram Stoker stumbled onto this though many of his theory details were not correct -- the forensic research details were unavailable .

Again the Stanleys were the guiding force .

Omg, if Henry had a son he would have been the successor, Henry IX.
He possibly did
Only two couplings are confirmed with Catherine of Aragon, one being the one that produced Mary, and the other being the one that produced Henry IX.
This is now claimed to have been a stillbirth . This and similar stories could have been added later, to cover Henry's homosexuality and disinterest in coupling with women. That is admitted again when we find that they are only able to confirm two mistresses for Henry in his entire career: Hastings and Blount.
The historians concede that is a problem, and even say so at Wikipedia: Blount is one of only two completely undisputed mistresses, considered by some to be few for a virile young king. [32][33] Exactly how many Henry had is disputed: David Loades believes Henry had mistresses "only to a very limited extent",[33

Are you talking about the Defender Of The (Catholic) Faith? Blasphemy!

Forum List

Back