Kim Foxx’s deputy didn’t have authority to drop Smollett charges: emails

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
First Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Magats, the man who decided to drop 16 felony charges against Jussie Smollett, never had the legal authority to act in his boss Kim Foxx’s stead, internal agency correspondence shows.

A trove of documents obtained by The Post and others through a public records request reveal that high ranking members of Foxx’s team sought advice on the legal authority behind her recusal after it was made public on Feb. 19.

Alan Spellberg, the county’s Criminal Appeals Division Supervisor, sent an email to Chief Deputy State’s Attorney and Chief Ethics Officer April Perry and senior adviser Robert Foley on Feb. 20 citing legal precedence behind recusals.

“My conclusion from all of these authorities is that the [sic] while the State’s Attorney has the complete discretion to recuse herself from any matter, she cannot simply direct someone (even the First Assistant) to act in her stead,” Spellberg wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at pagesix.com ...

OK... so now what....let's lock him up again and put him in the same cell as Foxx.....no problem as Jussie is as queer as a $3 bill!

CHICAGO – Two ranking executives inside the Cook County State’s Attorney's Office have submitted their resignations — including State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, whom Foxx cited as the person who advised her to “recuse” herself from the Jussie Smollett case that has rocked the Chicago office, Fox News learned Thursday.

Mark Rotert, the director of the office's Conviction Integrity Unit, has also submitted his resignation, according to a Foxx spokesperson. Perry and Rotert are scheduled to work their last days on the job in May.

"While I feel lucky to have been able to spend the last 15 years of my career in public service, I am looking forward to my next endeavor in the private sector where I have the opportunity to continue to work toward increasing the safety of our community," Perry wrote in an April 15 letter obtained by Fox News via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

2NB5O7S_d.jpg

she's a dumbass --plain and simple
no wonder these cities go to crap with people like her

Yes. It would be obstruction of justice if Michelle Obama is found to have intervened in the Smollett case on his behalf with Kim Foxx improperly interfering with Obama's blessings.

That was pretty easy to decide.

Once again I ask, what did Smollette have on the Obamas that caused Michelle to put it all on the line for such and ask Kim Foxx for this "favor"?

Foxx is a Soros backed stooge, run by the same people that run the Obamas, Valerie Jarrett, Rahm Emmanuel, and the other Chicago goons. Everything Rahm said publicly was opposite to what he actually thought, and did. He was in on this deal, make no mistake in believing what he said publicly.

The Chicago Goon Squad made this happen, and stuck another knife into the concept of justice and that justice is blind. They need to take the blindfold off of Lady Justice in Cook County.

Foxx is a Soros backed stooge, run by the same people that run the Obamas, Valerie Jarrett, Rahm Emmanuel, and the other Chicago goons. Everything Rahm said publicly was opposite to what he actually thought, and did. He was in on this deal, make no mistake in believing what he said publicly.

The Chicago Goon Squad made this happen, and stuck another knife into the concept of justice and that justice is blind. They need to take the blindfold off of Lady Justice in Cook County.
It's also interesting that the all this corruption and travesty of justice always ends up happening in Democratic run cities and states.

It's also interesting that the all this corruption and travesty of justice always ends up happening in Democratic run cities and states.
You don't know America it happens in every city and in every rural town...Get real Dude..and it doesn't matter which side you vote for...

You don't know America it happens in every city and in every rural town...Get real Dude..and it doesn't matter which side you vote for...
Nah, it's more prevalent in Democratic run cities.

Decades Of Democratic Rule Ruined Some Of Our Finest Cities | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Decades Of Democratic Rule Ruined Some Of Our Finest Cities | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD
I've not lived in one of those for over thirty-five years and there is no difference..

I've not lived in one of those for over thirty-five years and there is no difference..
Yeah, so have I, but that doesn't count.

Study: Liberal big cities most corrupt in the U.S.

Forum List

Back