Killer Astroid

I still think it is "us, of the future" time traveling, even if we think it can't be done, maybe we figure it out later down the road? ....these drawings on rocks of spacecraft and people in space suits are human...they look like us..... what are the true odds of that, if they came from millions of light years away, that they would have evolved in the same manner and ended up looking like humans??

Even the grays that people seem to think they see....they are little, have eyes arms legs, they are just smaller with bigger eyes....and radiation from a major nuking could have sent us underground which made them develop larger eyes that can see in the dark, and they are grey and smaller due to radiation or lack of sunshine, stunting our growth! :D:D

like I said, I just love Sci fi stuff....

Time travel intrigues me more than aliens tbh. :razz:

Von Daniken used that little bauble also. My answer now is the same as when he used it.

Why would beings that have conquered the Relitivety laws concerning lightspeed, be using what to them would have to be a very crude technology to fly from place to place. And why the shape of a figher plane, rather than a modern commercial aircraft?

is that not what we are trying to do now....the moon....mars....and beyond....its called exploring whats out there.....and if say you have conquered Relativity laws.....why would any beings not want to fly from system to system?....

The more proper analogy would be flying a horse and all the support mechanism of a horse to Mars to carry gear for exploration. That is at least the level of disparity involved.

Von Daniken used that little bauble also. My answer now is the same as when he used it.

Why would beings that have conquered the Relitivety laws concerning lightspeed, be using what to them would have to be a very crude technology to fly from place to place. And why the shape of a figher plane, rather than a modern commercial aircraft?

Because lightspeed isn't a prerequisit for alien beings to be here. There could be a yet to be discovered dimension, and they could be indigenous to Earth and have cracked the technology to change dimensions while not-yet cracking the Technology to fly at light speed. Imaginations are fun. We are rookies at physics, agree or disagree?

Agree. In fact, I find the idea of parrallel universes intriquing. However, still doesn't change the basic fact that those that claim an alien prescence have to provide the proof.

Here's the thing that scares the Pajesus out of my Sci fi side....

What if it is not one asteroid, but many?

I have been reading some stuff and watching programs on the Universe and Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel etc....and they say that on december 21, 2012 at 11:11 am (of course it was 11:11 am for those of you who know my eleven problem or cloud following me :eek:) all the planets in our galaxy line up perfectly with the center of the Milky Way...this happens once every 26,000 years...well scientists and others are predicting all kinds of bad stuff that can happen with this and our gravity...

I did not understand it enough to be able to explain it, but i understood it enough to scare the pajesus out of me....just do some research on the lining up of the planets in this manner....anyway they were saying that this would throw off some of the protection we have from outside debris hitting us...basically, our shields will be down.

You have read "Lucifer's Hammer", Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven, haven't you? If not, it is a must read for anyone that likes good science fiction.

Because lightspeed isn't a prerequisit for alien beings to be here. There could be a yet to be discovered dimension, and they could be indigenous to Earth and have cracked the technology to change dimensions while not-yet cracking the Technology to fly at light speed. Imaginations are fun. We are rookies at physics, agree or disagree?

Agree. In fact, I find the idea of parrallel universes intriquing. However, still doesn't change the basic fact that those that claim an alien prescence have to provide the proof.

To me, proof is that we can send an invisible signal (cell/portable phones/radio) which carries a voice. You cannot hear the voice in mid-air, while it's on its way, but it gets to its destination somehow.

I believe in human invention and inginuity, but I firmly believe also that we got a GIANT jump start of physics from something somewhere. This is not solid proof, albeit, but for me it gives the theory credence. I'm still skeptical and hopeful all at the same time.

Only tiny asteroids can hit the earth, a big asteroid will have enough mass that it will be captured by the sun's gravitational pull. An Asteroid with enough mass will be deflected by the opposing magnetic forces of our planet as well as the bigger planets in our solar system. We have a perfect solar system designed to protect us from big asteroids, our planet would of been destroyed eons go if another truth exsisted.

I'd like to see the science supporting that.

We most certainly can get hit. We've come close several times. What has done a good job protecting us so far is the fact we have a few VERY large planets that do a good job deflecting/catching lone comets. That doesn't mean a random one won't get through... in fact its likely one eventually will.

Scary fact, even a near miss could be enough to collapse our ecology thanks to gravitational forces. For example, the moon is actually a pretty decent distance from Earth and yet it has sufficient mass to cause gravitational forces and impact the tides. A large object, passing inside the moon's radius, could be devesating.

I don;t know how he can say that....we have so many huge craters on the earth....almost a couple of hundred that we can see...they ain't small impacts, maybe the asteroids are smaller or meteorites, but their impacts are huge!!!!! and it is not so much the actual impact area will be the only problem, but the dust from the impact is suppose to darken us for a few years....that means no sunlight to grow food....better pack up a bunch of those indoor plant lites, fruit and vegie seeds, or save 3 years worth of food and water.... :eek:

shoot, the moon hit us....it was not small....where was the sun keeping that from hitting us, ya know?

I never said I don't believe in aliens. I just don't believe a race of em that gained the intelligence to get here would waste thier time with a planet full of goof balls like us. Unless they found us tasty or something.

they found us and checked us out....thats so hard to believe?.....

The more proper analogy would be flying a horse and all the support mechanism of a horse to Mars to carry gear for exploration. That is at least the level of disparity involved.

the key word here Rocks is Exploration.....if we ever got to the point were we could travel through space at light speed or faster then light....tell me we would not leave the system....and to quote Capt. Kirk...."to see whats out there"

Only tiny asteroids can hit the earth, a big asteroid will have enough mass that it will be captured by the sun's gravitational pull. An Asteroid with enough mass will be deflected by the opposing magnetic forces of our planet as well as the bigger planets in our solar system. We have a perfect solar system designed to protect us from big asteroids, our planet would of been destroyed eons go if another truth exsisted.

I'd like to see the science supporting that.

We most certainly can get hit. We've come close several times. What has done a good job protecting us so far is the fact we have a few VERY large planets that do a good job deflecting/catching lone comets. That doesn't mean a random one won't get through... in fact its likely one eventually will.

Scary fact, even a near miss could be enough to collapse our ecology thanks to gravitational forces. For example, the moon is actually a pretty decent distance from Earth and yet it has sufficient mass to cause gravitational forces and impact the tides. A large object, passing inside the moon's radius, could be devesating.

I don;t know how he can say that....we have so many huge craters on the earth....almost a couple of hundred that we can see...they ain't small impacts, maybe the asteroids are smaller or meteorites, but their impacts are huge!!!!! and it is not so much the actual impact area will be the only problem, but the dust from the impact is suppose to darken us for a few years....that means no sunlight to grow food....better pack up a bunch of those indoor plant lites, fruit and vegie seeds, or save 3 years worth of food and water.... :eek:

shoot, the moon hit us....it was not small....where was the sun keeping that from hitting us, ya know?

My Gawd MDN did you miss the COMET that hit Jupiter. Your claims are so mind boggleingly senseless that I just don't know where to begin trying to educate you.

We ,in fact, HAVE been hit and more than once.

and the same with extra dimensional beings....and Rocks you cant provide me with proof that we havent been visited....when i see cave drawings from ancient times of humanoids dressed in what appears to be some kind of space suit....whats that all about?....what did that individual see to inspire that drawing?....

Hey!!! There;s another thread here about the reversal of the gravity belts.. you guys should get out your foil hats and hook up!!

I believe in human invention and inginuity, but I firmly believe also that we got a GIANT jump start of physics from something somewhere. This is not solid proof, albeit, but for me it gives the theory credence. I'm still skeptical and hopeful all at the same time.

right....i saw a show on Discovery or History Channel, one of them about this.....and the things they presented,it seems quite plausible..........

I believe in other intelligent life forms, but when I see evidence that's plausibally (word?) dismissable, it's best to do so.

see if i got this right.....you say you believe in other intelligent life elsewhere.....but yet you seem to feel that not one of them could be advanced enough to conquer interstellar distances....and maybe stopped here once and left a little tech behind and left.....is that close?

I never said I don't believe in aliens. I just don't believe a race of em that gained the intelligence to get here would waste thier time with a planet full of goof balls like us. Unless they found us tasty or something.

I wrote a short story: Venus in the Balance and basically Earth is the Galaxy's 24/7 Never Closes Reality Show.

the key word here Rocks is Exploration.....if we ever got to the point were we could travel through space at light speed or faster then light....tell me we would not leave the system....and to quote Capt. Kirk...."to see whats out there"

Exploration yes, but interferance with a primitive culture? And why would they use what to them could only be primitive conveyances?

and the same with extra dimensional beings....and Rocks you cant provide me with proof that we havent been visited....when i see cave drawings from ancient times of humanoids dressed in what appears to be some kind of space suit....whats that all about?....what did that individual see to inspire that drawing?....

And halo's arround the heads of saints are inspired by what? I do not know the why of some of the drawings of older civilizations. But to claim, with only that as evidence, that this is evidence of alien visitation is mighty weak evidence.

Forum List

Back