Key inflation cause: Republican policy

Here's the former guy, begging the Fed to INCREASE inflationary QE, and to SLASH interest rates in a non-recessionary period, ALSO inflationary.

He made Keynes turn over in his freaking grave. Then bragged about the results of all the inflationary stimulus.

The whole thing is nauseating. I tried to have a discussion with a liberal this weekend who disagrees with the idea that people should have jobs. She truly believes that work should be an option for people who want to do, and that we (taxpayers) should support them if they’d rather not. When I started to explain the problem with that, she put up her hand and said she doesn’t want to hear about Republicans’ opinions. It’s a form of silencing and why Democrats can’t see what is wrong with their cockamamie opinions…..they refuse to hear the opposing side.
That’s not the Democratic platform. Minim wages are. Healthcare is. Not working isnt.

...and a 22 year financial advisor/CFP, ChFC/CLU, 7/63/65.

Tell me, what is your education, training, background and practical experience in analyzing and acting on markets & economics?

:popcorn:
I took Econ 101 and know that you don’t increase government spending, thus pumping more money into the economy, while the Fed is trying to tighten the money supply by raising rates.

Biden and the Dems are FIGHTING the Fed’s attempt to bring down inflation. They want to make everything so expensive that people have to go on government assistance. It’s all about the votes.

I took Econ 101 and know that you don’t increase government spending, thus pumping more money into the economy, while the Fed is trying to tighten the money supply by raising rates.

You don't do it while having the "greatest economy ever" either, do you?

Trump was crowing out one side of his mouth that we had the greatest economy ever while out of the other side pushing for more Fed pumping and calling for negative interest rates.

This is something taught in Econ 101 if you really did take it.

I'm assuming Trump didn't.

A bipartisan bill.
Just because a dozen RHINOS folded hardly makes it a bi-partisan bill. The Dems were holding a government shutdown over their heads, as they usually do. Being forced to agree doesn’t make it truly bi-partisan.

We should have just told all the government workers who are “working” (ha!) at home that they won’t have to pretend for the next week, and they would lose a week’s pay. Then when the Republicans take over next week, we could send them back to work.

Biden and the Dems are FIGHTING the Fed’s attempt to bring down inflation. They want to make everything so expensive that people have to go on government assistance. It’s all about the votes.
Oh, you took ECON 101!

Well holy shit! THAT'S DIFFERENT!

You have no idea what caused the inflation, outside of what you're told in your world.

Last I checked, debt was 103% of the GDP. And that was a year ago.

Do you guys not understand these things which you invoke?

Inflation properly defined, btw, is the surplus of currency and credit.

And unemployment stats are as distorted as the stock market.

Who tells you to regurgitate these things anyway? Because whoever it is, you've gotta turn them off, they're rotting your brain, man.
The only party to reduce the deficit and the only one with a surplus is democrats. Obama reduced it. Biden reduced it. Clinton eliminated it. In between republicans exploded it.

Just because a dozen RHINOS folded hardly makes it a bi-partisan bill. The Dems were holding a government shutdown over their heads, as they usually do. Being forced to agree doesn’t make it truly bi-partisan.

Shut it down.

We should have just told all the government workers who are “working” (ha!) at home that they won’t have to pretend for the next week, and they would lose a week’s pay. Then when the Republicans take over next week, we could send them back to work.

Yes, they could have but they wanted all that pork while pretending it's all on the Democrats.

Oh, you took ECON 101!

Well holy shit! THAT'S DIFFERENT!

You have no idea what caused the inflation, outside of what you're told in your world.
Inflation was caused by too much money chasing too few goods, and Biden was responsible for both:

1) Multiple handouts AFTER the worst of COVID was over: too much money

2) Continuing and expanded handouts allowing people to refuse work: too few goods

Get people back to work.

A dozen senators is a quarter of them. That is bipartisan. It included the speaker.

Shut it down.
Would that have been so terrible? All the government workers I know are at home, and NOT putting in a full day. They are at the gym, the movies, the grocery store, and even the golf course.
Yes, they could have but they wanted all that pork while pretending it's all on the Democrats.
They wanted to get military money to defend this country against enemies, who are better positioned than ever due to Biden’s weakness.

Inflation was caused by too much money chasing too few goods, and Biden was responsible for both:

2) Continuing and expanded handouts allowing people to refuse work: too few goods

Get people back to work.
That is universally untrue. 85% of stimulus was spent is 5 weeks of receiving with no lasting impact on prices.

Question.. who is receiving money to “not work” today? There is no policy for that.

Use your brain. Do research. Don’t just repeat what these idiots post.

Would that have been so terrible? All the government workers I know are at home, and NOT putting in a full day. They are at the gym, the movies, the grocery store, and even the golf course.

While this isn't true, you just made it up, or you live a very sheltered life and don't get out, no it wouldn't have been terrible which is why I said it should have been done.

They wanted to get military money to defend this country against enemies, who are better positioned than ever due to Biden’s weakness.

Massive military spending is still spending.

Republican economic policy is largely Democrat economic policy.
Under Trump gas prices and inflation under control

Under Biden, gas prices and inflation not under control but the fault of the GOP and there is nothing democrats can do about it

Oh, that's right, they passed an inflation bill that had nothing really to do with inflation as it is not affecting prices in any way.

Democrats have no ability to control either inflation or the border cuz the GOP was once in power and it's all their fault

But they can control the weather, if only given enough of your taxes.

The only party to reduce the deficit and the only one with a surplus is democrats. Obama reduced it. Biden reduced it. Clinton eliminated it. In between republicans exploded it.
Yeah, well, Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store!

Back on topic, inflation, properly defined, is the surplus of currency and credit.

Begin there with the monetary policy itself.

Last edited:

Gas prices were the same as under Obama until the pandemic and again, another person who never took econ 101.

Under Biden, gas prices and inflation not under control but the fault of the GOP and there is nothing democrats can do about it

Gas prices are now roughly the same as under Obama and Trump. I see its down to $2.48 here.

Oh, that's right, they passed an inflation bill that had nothing really to do with inflation as it is not affecting prices in any way.

Democrats have no ability to control either inflation or the border cuz the GOP was once in power and it's all their fault

Rants.......not interested.

Get people back to work.
Yeah, global inflation exploded right after Biden took office, because of Biden.

:spinner:

This is what I was talking about regarding Trumpsters. The Dunning-Kruger Effect in all its glory.

While this isn't true, you just made it up, or you live a very sheltered life and don't get out, no it wouldn't have been terrible which is why I said it should have been done.
i thought you were being sarcastic.

And NO - I did not make it up. The degree to which government workers are exploiting the telework system is legendary around here. (I’m in DC.) You should see them in the summer - hogging all the chairs in the sun at the pool, reading their novels.
Massive military spending is still spending.
It’s necessary. I would have liked to see the money allocated for 87,000 IRS agents to go after the small business owners and middle class to be diverted to border protection. Instead, the leftists put in $800 million to SUPPORT the illegals by moving them into hotels and providing meals.

I explained how Biden started with 374 wells vs the 1,000 Trump had operating.

I explained how OPEC was under producing at Trump’s negotiated levels when Biden took over.

I explained how the labor force was impacted by mismanaging the pandemic.

I explained how lack of immigration is further impacting labor force.

All you did is whine about the results of all that. Awesome post.

Forum List

Back